“We had an excellent day with "RePeat!"”
Review of Peat Taylor Tours

Peat Taylor Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has always obtained a highly reputable name for the 27 years he has been in the business. And he keeps a strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 and has always held excellency on TripAdvisor, Cruise Critic and the WorldWide Web.For the Best authentic Jamaican experience. Real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Enchanted Blue Hole & Waterfalls, Dolphin Cove, Rainforest Bobsled Jamaica at Mystic Mountain and river tubing on the White River just to name a few. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local dialect. Taste Jamaica's mouthwatering cuisines like the natives favorite finger food the flaky dough beef patty at Juicy Patties, authentic Jerk Chicken or Pork at Scotches, for great sea go and chill on the local fisherman beach for freshly caught fish or lobster at Lobster Dave for a reasonable price or visit Mom's Homestyle cooking restaurant to try some Oxtail, Curried Goat, Bake or Fried chicken cooked like the mother's do in Jamaica.Peat Taylor Tours & Transport is definitely the best way to see the island. They offer airport transfers from Kingston and Montego Bay to resorts island wide. Tours originate from all cruise ship ports Falmouth, Ocho Rios and Montego Bay also resorts island wide. No need to hesitate? Go with the best!
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Our day with Peat Jr. of Peat Taylor tours could not have been better, and the entire process from start to finish was exactly as advertised and hassle free.

This trip (during the week of 4/13/12) was part of our Honeymoon Cruise. We booked Peat Taylor Tours to take us from Montego Bay to Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios ( a little under 2 hours away.)

As well as being part of our Honeymoon, this trip had additional significance in that my wife had visited the falls as a teen, with her Mother whom we lost a few years ago. For this reason I did not want to book the shipboard tour and be crammed onto a bus, then rushed through the falls to then let 55+ people do shopping or some lesser thing before returning to the ship.

I have always been nervous about booking an excursion with a vendor apart from the Cruise Line, and this was my first time to do it. I did my research and found that Peat and his office are very well reviewed on both Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor, and that they have many customers who have used them over and over.

When I first contacted them by email to explain the significance of our trip, and my concerns about being so far away from the ship, they really put my mind at ease and assured me they have never let anyone miss the boat.

It was very easy to secure a reservation with them via a small deposit on Pay Pal, and Pete’s instructions on what to do at the port terminal were easy to follow, and we found Pete Jr just as expected.

The car was clean, comfortable, and air conditioned. Not a Lincoln Town Car, mind you, but I don’t think I saw a Lincoln Town Car anywhere on the island, not even coming in or out of the All Inclusive Resorts.

PJ was not just a driver, but turned out to be a true tour guide. This is coming from someone who knows what he is talking about- I am a chauffeur back here in the workaday world and have also given Interpretive tours in a National Park. PJ’s information and the entertainment value of the tour he gives are top notch. A+.

Sometimes you can get off of a ship , hang around the port terminal and souvenir shop, and never get a feel for the place you are visiting. We spent the entire day with a local, and got a sense of Jamaican life and culture that added so much to our trip. Thank you, PJ!

We made excellent time to the Falls, and PJ gave us the heads up we needed to avoid the pushy vendors. (God bless them, but don’t get pushed around.)

A brief word about Dunn’s River Falls- what an amazing place- Tropical Forest, River, Beach, Ocean! There were orchids growing and blooming in the treetops. Despite the crowds, I highly recommend this beautiful spot.

We went back down and spent a few minutes on the beach after climbing the Falls, and when we were ready, found PJ just where he promised he would be.

PJ got us back to the ship with time to spare, but before doing so, gave us a great tour of Ocho Rios, including a bird’s eye view overlooking the town and the bay, and a drive through “Fern Gully.” Beautiful.

On our way back to Montego Bay, PJ AKA Pete JR AKA RePeat took us to Scotchies so I could get some authentic Jerk Pork. Very good stuff, and cool to see it prepared, smoking over hot embers with big sheets of tin covering it up. The stuff holds its own against the best Texas BBQ, and be sure to get a taste of that pepper sauce.

PJ likes to sing for his captive audience, and we were happy to let him know as he sang some Marley to us, that “One Love” had been one of our wedding songs just a few days before.

As it turned out, the busses that went to Dunn’s River Falls and shopping were late getting back to the ship, but I was happy we chose Peat Taylor Tours.

Lastly, regarding the value- I would make this purchase again in a heartbeat. The difference in price between riding on the Motor coach with 55 people versus the private, custom tour with a driver who gives you a fantastic, personal experience is less than you might think and is a great bang for the buck.

I cannot recommend these guys enough. We hope to return to Jamaica again, and Peat Taylor Tours will be the first call we make to ask questions and make plans.

Happy Travels,

in 27 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Wonderful! We were on a cruise and I had read several reviews about how pushy the vendors can be in Jamaica so before we left I booked the Dunns River Falls tour and the trip to Mahogony Beach. We got off the ship and Peat was waiting for us. We had a group of about 12 total from our ship. We were at the falls as soon as they opened, this was nice because I had also heard about how crowded the falls are. We were probably the 2nd or 3rd group to climb the falls. Once we were done Peat was waiting on us and took us to the beach, we had our own waiter there to bring us drinks and food. When we were ready to leave we told the waiter and he called Peat to pick us up. I saw how other people were being haggled and the vendors were pressing them to buy things, but we had no trouble at all. Peat's son escorted us right to the bus. If you want fair prices, good service, and no haggling book your tour with Peat Taylor!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were taken by Peat son on a private couple's tour as it was our 40th anniversary. He arrived promptly and was very nice and good fun to spend the day with. We went on a countryside tour but as the weather was bad after 2 hours we changed the tour and went to the falls. Nothing was too much trouble and he sorted out a guide who looked after us well on the climb up the falls. Then we went to have Jerk Chicken at Scotchies. A great day I would use this company again.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We reserved a custom private excursion with Peat Taylor's as we did not see a tour that was quite what we were looking for. Peat Taylor was very flexible and when asked will make suggestions as to what to choose. We were met on time at Falmouth pier and transferred to another driver, Mel who was with us for the day. Visit Dunns River early in the day especially if the cruise ships are in port! We made this our first stop. Upon arriving at the Falls ( about 1 hour from Falmouth pier) Mel lead us into the admission area past others already lined up and right to the start of a tour climbing the falls, no waiting like other visitors. We had 2 river guides, who were funny and make the climb enjoyable. We had a 14 year old and a 11 year old who were able to make the climb fairly easily. Some areas can be slippery so be prepared, Have good water shoes or you will need to rent some at the falls. The climb took us about 1 1/2 hours but was well worth it. From there we went to a local beach where the water was warm and clear. There was a reef area where we spotted lots of different sea life, even a lion fish. Afterwards a quick stop at the straw market in Ocho Rios and back to the ship. What a great day we had. Thank you Peat Taylor tours.