“The Best”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Seaview Chateau

Comfertable Living Room
Bath Room
Relaxing Dining Room
Romantic Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
hff
“Be very afraid of the House of Horrors!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Our family of nine arrived to Seaview to celebrate the Christmas Holidays together. Upon arrival, it was apparent Seaview Chateau was not habitable. Initially we learned the air conditioning units in most bedrooms were inoperable. Upon calling the property manager Alver for quick service he told me I was wrong since his staff told him the previous day everything was in working order. Needless to say I was shocked the property manager was unwilling to assist us with the air conditioning when the outside temperature was 85 degrees. My family and I closely inspected the house and realize the house was filthy. The bath towels had hair in bedded in the fabric, the refrigerators were rusted inside and outside, only one single light source existed in all rooms. In fact many of the light fixtures had missing light bulbs. Their were loose wires in the bedrooms, missing kitchen cabinets doors, dirty walls and dirty fingerprints on all doors, ants on the kitchen counters and dining room table, patched ceilings which were not repainted, inoperable coffee maker, mosquito infestation and torn upholstery. On a lighter note Miss Joyce was very nice and the dinner she served was tasty. However due to the unsanitary conditions, my family was unwilling to eat In the house. The male house worker was ill equipped to assist us. He did not take our concerns seriously when we complained about the lack of air conditioning causing the stifling heat in the house and the leaking toilets. His attention was very focused on text messaging, talking with friends or listening to music on his cellphone. This house needs major capital improvements and cleaning before another guest is allowed to stay in the house. Fortunately our travel agent found a new location for us the next day. Stay as far away from Seaview Chateau Villa as possible.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Leaving the property.
Liked least: Everything.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
31 Dec 2013
On December 23 I receive a call that the Air Condition are not working my response to her was it was yesterday we had the A/C man there checking it out as we always do for before all Guest arrive I immediately call him. His finding was a power Serge from the Utility Company this information was related to them and the problem solve.
I also receive a call from the travel agent saying they are leaving and require 100% refund which I agree to they would spend the night an leave the next day.
The Refrigerator has been replace with a new one
The Ceiling was left unpainted as to give it a nature look.
The missing Light Bulbs our last Guest ask that one of the bulbs in the bed Room be remove as it was too bright..
The loose Wire are Cable Wire behind the TV
We have tried our hardest to make our Guest Happy and Comfortable as you can see in our reviews and we will continued to do so as we are going to have the Bar and Lounge down stairs ready by early Spring.
Tx
Reviewed 23 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
Atlanta ga
Reviewed 24 May 2013 for a stay in August 2012

Management Response
24 May 2013
The Housekeeper is no longer there I have a new person since you post your review
thanks
Alver Scott
Chapel Hill
Reviewed 18 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Angella F
Smithtown, New York
“Best place for friends & families”
Reviewed 10 February 2013 for a stay in July 2012

I love this home away from home because Alver & Miss Joyce welcome my family and I year after year with open arms, warm hearts and sweet smiles of love ! They do everything to make you feel at home and you will relax ! I love the views of the caribbean and the hillside views of Montego Bay from my private balcony. Five minutes from the airport and ten minutes to the Hip Strip, Margaritaville, Pier One, and the road to Negril ! Bedrooms are huge, clean and have private balcony and bathrooms. Enjoy the spacious gardens, lunch by the pool and have a drink on upstairs balcony. Most of all, relax Miss Joyce is frying two dumplings for breakfast or stewing chicken for dinner, just cool out, one love to all at Seaview, see you this July. Love, Massapan & Angella

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: the magnificent views of the caribbean
Liked least: leaving for ny
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Chicago
Reviewed 20 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;