“WONDERFUL TIME!”
other travellers have booked this property
our beach Deep bath tub
beach from above
Condominium
Children's Pool
Eat in kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

4 of 5 bubbles Very good - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful
5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Beach
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
15 Jan 2015
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure hosting you.
ElsiePalm
Munich, Germany
“Nice, Luxurious Appartement, BUT.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

This condo is located in a complex (called The Palmyra) of two large apartment buildings on the north coast of Jamaica, not too far from Montego Bay. It is obvious from the lavish furnishings that a lot of money has been poured into this development, marble floors everywhere, a huge pool surrounded by tropical vegetation, a beautiful, wide, artificial beach with soft, white sand and a prime location between other big name resorts. The condo was very well kept and has ocean and hill views, though the main view is directed at the other large building in this complex. There is a full kitchen, though lacking a bit in utensils and a neat bathroom with a neat glass shower. This place would have been a steal for the price and we would have had a great time here, were it not for a number of major problems. While the building with our condo was completely done, the grounds are partially unfinished, with a third, large building that is essentially a skeleton with no facades. As we found out a couple of days into our stay from a local newspaper available online, the developers had gone into default and the entire complex had been repossessed by the banks a while ago. Most units are still individually owned and a few are rented out, but the complex was largely empty and had the odd feel of an eerily quiet ghost town overall. The bar by the pool (Cafe Palmyra) had shut down just a few days before our visit. Well, so far, not a problem for us. But then came the blackouts. No electricity and no internet, every day between noon and 5:30 PM and then again between midnight and 5:30 AM. At first we were a bit surprised that the A/C stopped halfway during the night and were told in the reception that there was a problem with the on-site generator but it would soon be fixed. Of course after a couple of days they had to admit that power was shut down intentionally to save on fuel costs. Sharon, the owner told us that the problem would be fixed soon but it wasn't and since our stay, these news have apparently made it to local media as well:
After we had made a complaint though PayPal, Sharon agreed to refund part of the price paid, but nothing has happened for two months now and she is not responding to e-mails anymore. Also in the light of the press report linked above, we would say it is more than a little risky to book anything in this entire complex.

3 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
2 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
1 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Beautiful, clean and quiet sand beach
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Apr 2013
This complex is up and running again. Like many others the recession happened and the developer ran into problems with the bank but he is out of the picture now. The property is still as beautiful and well kept, it the most gorgeous property on the gold coast. Everything that happened in the past took all the owners off guard and I refunded all my owners. The problem that I had with this person was that he wanted 100% percent refund and if not he would write a bad review. i don't respond well to threats so here we are.

All I ask is that you read all the other reviews and make up your own mind.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013 for a stay in November 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
13 Jan 2013
Thank you so much for backing me on this one. I really appreciate it. The Palmyra will continue to provide an exceptional experience for their guests.
Please come again.
1 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 1 of 5 bubbles Service
A romantic getaway Older travelers
4 Nov 2012
I would like to respond by saying that this is the most beautiful condo residence on the Island. It is a condo residence not a hotel even though it looks and feels like a five star hotel. It was never a hotel. The residents love the peace and tranquility of their residence. There are restaurants and shopping five minutes away by car. Our local mode of transportation is by taking shared taxis to downtown, they are perfectly legal and cost between $3-$4usd. Many other guests have used this method. I did not mislead my guest in any way. The property is not deserted just peaceful.

This guest stayed in my condo in April and wrote her review seven months later. Not once did she complain while staying in the unit. Please read all the other reviews that I have gotten from other guests.
marriedto...
Los Angeles, California
“We Found Gold...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

First, I have to start by saying - this is my first review ever. I have to admit I have always been one of those to read and critic every review on here but never have I contributed. That changes today! And this property deserves my time and appreciation.

My fiancé and I are both world travelers. We have never enjoyed being in touristy areas as we always enjoy being a part of the action without having to sleep around it. Because of this preference we knew we would NOT be staying on or near the 'hip strip' of Montego Bay. I first came across The Palmyra reviews as a Solis Resort property. I was bummed when I found that they were no longer a partner and began a search for a villa/condo rental. That's when I came across an owner's Flip Key listing on here - for the same property! I called the number listed and Sharon was in touch with me 45 minutes later. She remained extremely responsive and understanding to my needs, concerns, and requests before, during, and after our stay at The Palmyra.

The condos are extremely spacious, clean and MODERN. I LIVE for modern/high tech equipment and this is not something you can typically find in Jamaica. Not even at the Ritz Carlton or Half Moon which are both right next door. Trust me - we visited a few rooms at both during our stay. The infrastructure here is that of an American 5 star hotel.

Service & Transportation - The concierge here is great and always a phone call away! With this property being a good distance out of town, you will need to coordinate transportation to and from restaurants, clubs, etc. NO PROBLEM! There are at least 4 -6restaurants which provide complimentary pick up and drop off for dinner and they also can arrange taxi's/on duty car service to get you around for about $35 each way into town. Want to do a tour of Dunn River's Falls or Horseback Riding? NO PROBLEM! With the partnership this property shares with the Ritz and Half Moon, most tours will provide complimentary transportation as well. $20-35 each way too much?? Well, you could go right outside the pearly gates and catch a local cab at the 'bus stop' across the street to the right of the street light (be careful and only do this during the day) for less than $2usd each way! yep... that's right!

The kitchen and appliances are wonderful and the views were breathtaking. I have a fixation with bathrooms (weird - I know) and this place has amazing glass rain shower and separate deep soaking bath tub with sectioned off toilet. AWESOME!

Private Beach -The beach, as is the entire property is serene and relaxing. You should be careful of the slight unevenness (due to rocks) in the ocean. They have about 10 cabana beds on their private beach and their pool and lounge furniture is better than any I have seen at other resorts and villas.

Costs involved - Like I said - We found gold. Sharon's rates are more than reasonable. We saved $1,000 (6 nights) by going to Palmyra over an all-inclusive. Let's face it, who goes to another country to eat chicken fingers and Italian food? Save money, stay here and enjoy a few excursions mingling with the locals and pigging out on west indian food. YUM!

THIS WILL BE YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Feel and Look of the actual condo
Liked least: Rocks create unevenness in the ocean of the private beach
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
A romantic getaway Older travelers
5 Apr 2012
Janna was a wonderful guest, very easy to please, great personality. The staff loved her and can't wait to have her back.
Shane
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 3 of 5 bubbles Service
A romantic getaway
28 Mar 2012
Shane, thank you so much for your positive review. It was wonderful having you. In this business I get to meet amazing people like you and I am so thankful.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing