“Great Family Getaway”

Palm View Guest House & Conference Center
Ranked #45 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 15 September 2009

If you want to relax and unwind and not come for the tourist scene/trap, then the PalmView is the most affordable and comfortable option in Montego Bay. It is an "at-home" feel type of place. I have traveled to the island six times within the past year and have stayed at all inclusive, bed & breakfast, strip hotel, and by far the Palm View is the best value and most comfortable. The accomodations are very basic but we loved having the kitchenette to prepare our own meals. The two bedroom apartment was very roomy. And because I have family on the island the staff at the PalmView made them feel welcomed unlike other establishments that are local prejudiced and without adding a visitors charge. Highly recommend the PalmView for those that are into independent traveling.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
9  Thank congodance

Reviewed 23 November 2008

Palm View Guest House is a very comfortably guest house where visitors can stayed during their vacation and enjoyed the friendly city of Montego Bay. I visited Jamaica November of 2007 the staff at Palm View was very professional and helpful. The owner Mrs Doris Morgan was very kind to her guest and assured us that we would have a wonderful time during our stay however, Mrs Morgan cannot please every one some guest will enjoy vacationing at Palmview while others will have issues. I have heard people complain s about other hotels and guest houses where their prices were very expensive but at Palmview Guest House it was more than affordable. In February of 2008 I returned to Jamaica Palmview was under renovation so at this time i think that Palmview is more upscale. I will definitely stayed at Palmview on my next visit to Jamaica because their customer service was very good ,the staff was very professional and the owner was very friendly.

Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank AndriaQueensNewYork
Reviewed 11 March 2008

I stayed at this hotel which was booked by the 'bride and groom to be' for one week in February. The guest house is 10mins away from Montego Bay airport and 30 walk away from the main Montego Bay strip.

The hotel is in need of updating, but it is well kept and the room are very clean and tidy. We stayed in the 3 bedroom guest house opposite the pool.

Bedrooms were clean and tidy and bigger than the average hotel room size. Bathroom had a shower (shower was luke warm in during the late evenings) but in general it was OK. Towels provided could have been a lot better and the ones we were give were very tatty.

Satellite TV in the main sitting area and the kitchen had a gas cooker and large fridge freezer. Cutlery and crockery were a little scares and the kitchen was in need of refurbishment.
Only 1 microwave on site, so if you have a 'little one' be sure to ask for it.

The PV has a no of guest house and overall the standard was OK.

Location: 30 mins from the town and situated on a very steep hill - good exercise though! For the elderly a taxi is needed.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating, but you might have to push for more clean towels.

The pool is a decent size with a few sun longers (no lifeguard).

Maid service is available (we were quoted $6 per person for a cooked breakfast) but we just bought our own food to cook instead.

You are give a padlock key to lock the grill at each guest house entrance which are kept locked during the night (health & saftey hazard) but in general the area is safe, and the security guard is always on hand. At the bottom of the hill is the local nic too.

Overall, a nice little place but as I didn’t book this guest house - next time I would prefer to stop in a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank nordmia
Doris M, Manager at Palm View Guest House & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you for selecting Palm View Guest House and Conference Centre Montego Bay. It was in deed a pleasure serving you, and we do appreciate all your comments. Your comments will be used as tools to improve our facilities and services.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2005

I stayed in palm view villas in nov 2005 these apartment were very clean but the location was so far from everything. example we walked to margritville and it was a 30 min walk. we had to take a cab everywhere every to get food. Their phones only work with calling cards so that was a big problem for us becausse the walk to the cloest store was a killa. I walked back to the hotel only once out of the 7 day trip and my legs would never alow me to do it again. Oh the other good thing was that it was close to the airport. I would stay there again but i would have to rent a car.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank cbhola
BURY ST. EDMUNDS, UK
Reviewed 11 May 2004

Kudos, "big up" and much respect to the proprietress, Mrs. Doris Morgan -- wonderful lady she is! Doris went out of her way to ensure that we were properly looked after. At PV the guest comes first and it shows in the way Marcia goes about making sure everything is in tip-top shape. A security guard is always on duty at the premises. My wife and I stayed at PV and our visit was nothing short of memorable and relaxing. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the view atop the hill is stunning. If you are looking for reasonably priced billeting with the right attitude, start thinking about PV. Well done Mrs. Morgan and staff!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 September 2003

Have stayed at PV several times. We've never experienced any problems.
Ms. Morgan and staff are sincerely helpful and pleasant. Even though PV is not on the strip, it's only about a 10 min walk down the hill, (if you like to walk). I strongly suggest taking a taxi up! If you want to kick back, relax and avid the hustle, bustle, check out PV.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London, England
Reviewed 11 June 2003

This place is the pits - I stayed here with my young son and was robbed right outside the police station at 10.00 am in the morning! The staff were rude and unsympathetic and they kept my key deposit (even though I was robbed). I checked out early and got no sympathy or apologies from the owner - she is a horrible woman! Please, please boycott this godforsaken place - it is like the Marie Celeste and now I know why. Tthere was only one other guest there besides us yet the staff did nothing but lounge around all day, the bathroom was not cleaned (I did it myself) along with making my own bed. They did not change towels or sheets and there was no crockery or cutlery in the kitchen - I would have rather stayed in the local police station - it would have been safer and cheaper. When you see an advert for this place: walk on by

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member