“Very nice place to stay and meet fun people!”
Review of The Bird's Nest

The Bird's Nest
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here a few months ago for 3 nights and had a great time. Partied at Pier One (have exact change at the door or they will try to rip you off on your change.). There was a place in the shopping Plaza lower level that served great jerk chicken for a good price and a major supermarket as well. It was a 20 minute walk from the hostel.

The hostel was clean and safe. It also had a nice pool with a lounging area that made for nice swimming and socializing. The people running the place were great and the girl even picked me up at the airport for a fair fee.

The only negative was the common bathroom shower set up soaked the place almost every time. Maybe instal sliding glass?

I would highly recommend this place :)

Room Tip: If you don't mind dormitory style the shared dorm by the pool is very social and if you get too...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Bird's Nest

Reviewed 17 June 2012

i had an amazing stay at the birds nest in mobay, the owners always had time to answer any questions or to help me out with anything... i felt more like im staying at a friends house than at a hostel, just everything very natural and easy going!

the rooms are clean and the outside area is just amazing, no way to start off the day better than a short dip into the pool!

nice quite located but not to far from everything either, i found my way back to the hostel at any time of the day in any condition! :D

i very much recommend this place if you are looking for a place where you arent just an anonymus visitor

love and peace from germany!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I had originally booked a shared dorm room but when I arrived I was upgraded to a private single room at no extra charge which was greatly appreciated! The owner was very friendly and welcoming as were the other guests. The back garden was amazing with flowers, a lovely pool and hammocks (which unfortunately I didn't get to try out as the weather was horrible and rainy! :/ ) The only negative about the hostel is the location - while it was incredibly close to the airport, I ended up paying about $25 for a taxi to drive 5mins up the road! I may have been completely ripped off but I used the airport's official taxi rank so I assumed that was the cheapest fare. A journey of a similar length in Negril only cost $7 so I was not happy to start my holiday paying a ridiculous amount for such a short distance (which isn't the hostel's fault, it's just an unfortunate consequence of airport taxis taking advantage of tourists). When I needed to go back to the airport the owner kindly dropped me off which saved a lot of money.

If you are looking somewhere affordable, friendly, clean, relaxed and close to Montego Bay airport this is the place for you, just make sure to have some extra cash for the airport taxis!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
TBNJulia, Owner at The Bird's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it! We know about the taxi situation and offer a pick up as well, it is advertised on our website, but we will make sure it is also mentioned on the booking engines websites so people can book it in advance and don't have to go through that trouble at the airport! Hope to see you another time again!! All the best!!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Where to begin? The place is very clean. I loved the location, on a quieter street only a short walk from the main roads where I easily caught taxies to take me into the city. The pool is a nice size, kept clean, and a very nice place to relax on a hot day.
My rooms were great (since I staid for 3 weeks I had to move rooms once since they weren't expecting me for so long) The staff are friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. I'm defiantly staying with them when I return this summer!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Bit far from centre of MoBay, but conveniently located if you are after exploring east or south of Jamaica. Perfect spot to stay if you are after diving!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed for a week and had a great time. It is one of the most enjoyable place I ve ever been to. Nice pool, hammocks to chill and fantastic and helpful hosts.
Our stay was fabulous. Thank you for the great experience. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed 3 weeks in this beautiful, clean, superfriendly hostel. The rooms are simple, with a/c and excellent wifi-connection. Julia and Katarina (the hosts) are just amazingly friendly and very helpful. There is a fully equipped kitchen that you can use to prepare your food, a living room with dining table and a very inviting pool/garden area with hammocks and sunbeds.This place has nothing to do with normal hostels...it offers much more and really felt like a home. Supermarkets and food-places are in walking distance or you rent a bicycle from the hosts. You can get to the beach in 5-10min by car and you have a beautiful view of the sea. I highly recommend this place and will surely go back there.

Room Tip: if you want a double room, ask for the big one
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple