“Perfect”

Emerald View Resort
Ranked #2 of 46 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 nights 6 days, overall just a beautiful place for couples, Jennifer treated us like a family and the service was just beautiful....I wish we could've stayed longer but we will always make sure to make stay there whenever we visit Montego Bay, this is one of the quietest place to stay if you are looking to get away with your partner exactly what we needed for a vacation

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 18 February 2014

very nice staff, respectful and friendly. their food is organic. they were very formidable and helped me with my gluten free diet. their menu include both 'American' and national Jamaican dishes. although the villa is located on a beautiful mountain, the city is like a 15 minute car ride.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jamaicaherb
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Emerald View Resort on our honeymoon. We had a WONDERFUL experience there. The staff were friendly (just like family), the view was amazing, our room was comfortable & cleaned daily, the resort was quiet (inside & out). There were many times that we weren't even aware of other guests until they came out of their rooms. If you're looking to have a fun time in Jamaica, but you want to sleep in a peaceful environment, this is the place to be. We also felt very safe at night (at the resort & in our rooms)...and I just LOVED the keypad door locks (I didn't have to keep up with an actual room key). Also, Ms. Jennifer is very knowledgeable about the activities that are available for tourist, and the resort has two separate shuttles/vans that are available to take you to various destinations (traveling expenses may apply).

Overall we had a wonderful time...and were very pleased with our stay at the Emerald View Resort. If you just want to be another face in a hotel room then don't come here....but, if you want to build relationships and feel like you're in a home away from home, this is the place to visit.

Room Tip: Ask about a room with a balcony :-)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Just what Mindy and I were looking for. Beautiful view, central location, knowledgeable and passionate people providing excellent local information. For me the piano was a real bonus (keep practicing). Thanks again for holding our reservation and we hope to see you again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had a great time at the Emerald View! Staff is helpful and responsive. I felt like I was in good hands for the duration of my trip. The owner was a good tour guide/driver and offers great excursions to different parts of the island. I would stay again and recommend this hotel for those looking for a vacation that offers a good comfortable view of Jamaica with local flavor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had been to Jamaica before, but this time was my best trip ever: Jennifer at Emerald View Resort gave me a sample of her "Adventure Tours." She not only shared the beauty of her island, with its pristine nature of fresh clean air, golden sunshine, crystal clear waters, sugar-fine sand beaches, flowing rivers and waterfalls, and glistening waters that magically glow in the night; but she also welcomed me into the true essence of her culture, the rhythmic spirit of her music, the true rich history of her country, and a rare glimpse into the soul of her people. I loved every minute I was there, and I will return again...

Room Tip: Just ask Jennifer for a good view. She'll hook you up! But every room has a breathtaking view o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Me and my husband, stayed at the Emerald View Resort in December of 2013. We had a big room, with a beautiful view of the ocean. Jennifer was amazingly nice, and Christina the cook was great as well, we ate Jamaican Rundown and Callaloo every morning. We never ordered any American food so don't know how that tasted. Transportation was a little pricey but when we took a taxi it was $10 more than what she charged so all in all it was pretty fair. We went to Ocho Rios she told us exactly where to go and what the best thing to try to maximize our time. Jennifer introduced me to Jelly coconut and showed me a great moisturizer for my face using aloe plant from her garden. We had a really good experience, and would not have asked to stay anywhere else, we felt as if we really experienced the culture, by just staying at the hotel alone. Would recommend any body else to stay there when visiting Montego Bay, If you are looking for great hospitality and how to maximize your time in Jamaica.

Room Tip: The room with the balcony was the best. It had a screen so no mosquitos could come in, it had air co...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family