“great place”

Ranked #2 of 43 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“great place”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

i recently just came from a vacation and i stayed at emerald view.... it was a great experience. the people were all friendly nice... the property was real clean .. the pool was nice and clean .. the rooms are beautiful and also clean.. the view is nice you get to see over the city and also see the beach .. it was a real relaxed.. they even have transportation to take you places. it is a beautiful place to stay while in jamaica

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 6 June 2014

From being picked by the resort's bus in Negril to many tours around Ochi Rios I had whole lot of leisure time while on this business trip. Nothing truly prepares you for the view just when you enter the property, it is beautiful and the environs are simply breathe taking, Lushes mountainous veiws of green as precious as the Emerald itself. Staff was very accommodating and friendly, I had the pleasure of meeting the acquaintance of Ms. Jenny who made my visit not only enjoyable but friendly. Though the resort does not have its own pool, Chill Out beach just a bit down from the resort would have made it redundant as the beach is truly precious. For the short time I was there I had the privilege of travelling on the bus that takes us visitors around Ochi and back. I have found nothing and precious and this Emerald, it is a place to visit in JA. Like they say, "Once you go, you know" I"m definitely heading back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 191Jev
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Staying at the Emerald View Villa allowed my family and I to see Jamaica from a residents view. My experience was refreshing, exciting and tasteful. I highly recommend The Emerald View Villa and Ms Jennifer as their hostess. Yea Mon !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here for 4 nights. Ms. Jennifer, the owner, and her family were sooo wonderful to us. They never treated us like tourists. They always made us feel very comfortable and welcome. The Villa is beautiful and they are there to help you with anything you need. Where the Villa is located gives you the chance to see real life in Jamaica and not just all the other tourists. If you are looking for a more personal experience this is the place to be!! Thank you to all of the staff for your kindness and making us feel at home!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia-101276
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 nights 6 days, overall just a beautiful place for couples, Jennifer treated us like a family and the service was just beautiful....I wish we could've stayed longer but we will always make sure to make stay there whenever we visit Montego Bay, this is one of the quietest place to stay if you are looking to get away with your partner exactly what we needed for a vacation

• Stayed April 2014
nyc
Reviewed 18 February 2014

very nice staff, respectful and friendly. their food is organic. they were very formidable and helped me with my gluten free diet. their menu include both 'American' and national Jamaican dishes. although the villa is located on a beautiful mountain, the city is like a 15 minute car ride.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jamaicaherb
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Emerald View Resort on our honeymoon. We had a WONDERFUL experience there. The staff were friendly (just like family), the view was amazing, our room was comfortable & cleaned daily, the resort was quiet (inside & out). There were many times that we weren't even aware of other guests until they came out of their rooms. If you're looking to have a fun time in Jamaica, but you want to sleep in a peaceful environment, this is the place to be. We also felt very safe at night (at the resort & in our rooms)...and I just LOVED the keypad door locks (I didn't have to keep up with an actual room key). Also, Ms. Jennifer is very knowledgeable about the activities that are available for tourist, and the resort has two separate shuttles/vans that are available to take you to various destinations (traveling expenses may apply).

Overall we had a wonderful time...and were very pleased with our stay at the Emerald View Resort. If you just want to be another face in a hotel room then don't come here....but, if you want to build relationships and feel like you're in a home away from home, this is the place to visit.

Room Tip: Ask about a room with a balcony :-)