“Real Jamaica vibe”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
outdoor entrance
pool
on the patio - overlooking the ocean
on the patio at night
master bedroom
downstairs bedroom - allspice
yummy!!
early morning fruits
ackee and salftish  - jamaican breakfast
Dave - our loving driver
Event held at Nutmeg - IWF (Dine around)
event held at Nutmeg - IWF
breakfast anyone?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

813deang
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Real Jamaica vibe”
Reviewed 19 January 2015 for a stay in February 2014

Having been frequent visitors to the beautiful island of Jamaica, our last visit was exceptionally memorable. Nutmeg villa is beautifully located with a marvellous view of the blue Caribbean ocean. All rooms are calm, private and look out on the ocean. Soft breezes, garden flowers and birdsong create an oasis of calm where one can unwind, chat with friends and family and enjoy the superb hospitality offered by the Nutmeg staff.
The cuisine and service is beyond compare.
We are looking forward to our return in February 2015!

Date of stay: February 2014
Travelling group: Friends
14 Feb 2015
Thanks so much for the lovely review.... As frequent visitors to the island, we are so happy that you found Nutmeg to be exceptionally memorable.
We look forward to your return....
One Love
Reviewed 16 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Date of stay: August 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff was perfect!!!
Liked least: the bugs came out at night
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
14 Feb 2015
Thanks for such a great review.
Please hurry back!!
Sharon G
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Exceptional Experience”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Close friends and family vacationed together at the Nutmeg Villa. The staff provided phenomenal service without effort. Each member of the staff was alert to each of our parties needs. The level of attentiveness was innate. I received drinks that were sugar free to accommodate dietary restrictions without asking. Special desserts were also provided when they figured out that I was lactose intolerant. Any hint of specialized needs were catered to by staff. I was treated and felt like royalty. We were greeted each time we returned to the villa as if we were family returning home. I can not wait to return and have more of my family experience how the villa made my trip to Jamaica more than a vacation; they made it a storybook adventure.

Date of stay: June 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff - they are both personable and professional.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
6 Sep 2014
Thanks for such an awesome review. We are so happy that you had an exceptional time.... look forward to your return.
GeriY137
Chicago, Illinois
“Best. Vacation. Ever.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

It was like a dream! Nutmeg Villa is ABSOLUTELY the way to go if vacationing in Jamaica.
I booked this trip with my sisters, mother, and a few friends. We were meeting up with other relatives who were staying at a nearby hotel resort for a wedding. But let me tell you, I didn’t envy their accommodations one bit. My 7-day stay was such and wonderful and exhilarating experience. We can’t wait to go back if for nothing else but the villa experience Nutmeg stye!
In fact, we were already planning our next trip to come back before we even left! We have vowed to do whatever it takes, we WILL find our way back to Nutmeg Villa!

The villa sits near the top of a hill with an absolutely breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. Beautifully appointed rooms don french patio doors inviting you to swing them open to take in what can be described as nothing less than PARADISE! I’m telling you, every morning I pinched myself because it was so surreal!

First of all, I was most impressed with the attention to detail by the staff. It started even before we arrived with our arrangements being set for pickup from from the airport by our personal driver. When we arrived at the villa we were warmly greeted by staff who were lined up waiting for us at the entrance. Immediately, we were served the customary rum punch and offered a sweetly-scented cool cloth as our bags were whisked away to our rooms.

As we got settled, Germaine, our butler, unbeknownst to us, quickly began taking mental notes of our likes and preferences and right away began catering to our every want and need. I swear, I was beginning to think he could actually read our minds—if I was feeling like a snack or a drink, in a matter of moments one would arrive as we sat in the comfort of the open veranda. Germaine was so friendly and always extremely professional. He would set our
al fresco dining area beautifully every morning and every evening while our personal chef prepared the most succulent meals.

Chef Morgan introduced us to many of the native dishes and even took our requests. Every dining experience was a feast for the eyes AND stomach! He served Escovitch with Festival, Chicken Curry, Callaloo (a spinach dish) and the most delicious Coconut Rice I’ve ever tasted. His presentation was exceptional! I even spied him early mornings gathering fresh mangoes for breakfast from the lush grounds that boasted many different native fruit trees, including banana, plantain, bread fruit, lime and lemon. Chef Morgan even took the time to recommend and personally select spices and spirits for us to take back home. Now that’s what I call a personal touch! He and Germaine make an excellent team!

However, they were not the only dream team that made this vacation DIVINE. Our Head of Household, Sharnett, and her assistant, Ms. Kathy, were amazing! They moved quickly and quietly tending to our rooms every morning, changing our linens daily and turning down our comforters every evening leaving a fresh flower from the garden on our pillows. Ms. Kathy was warm and sweet always greeting you with a huge smile. And Sharnett stopped at nothing to make sure you were experiencing the highest level of comfort.

What I loved most about this staff is that they served with pleasure, never once did they make me feel as if I made a request or asked anything that would be an imposition. But then they never left much for me to ask of them. If it started to sprinkle and they noticed your swimsuits drying on the balcony they would swiftly gather them and hang them in your bathroom before you could even stand up. And though each room had a safe, which we used, never did any of our many electronic devices or valuables turn up missing. Even if we left them out for hours, all day, they would always be right where we left them. I truly appreciated that.

We had a couple of planned excursions to nearby Negril and Ocho Rios, and plenty of impromptu trips to the beach and out shopping. Our personal driver, Clayon, was always punctual, polite and a pleasure to ride with as he acted as our tour guide showing us points of interest and offering cultural and historical facts along the way. Oh yeah, the beach! I would be remiss if I did not mention that the villa has a membership to one of the most exclusive resorts in the world! And its literally five minutes away! Half Moon not only offers golfing and access to their pristine beaches (free and free), but also kayaking, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, diving and horseback riding (for a nominal fee). So, really, it was THE BEST of both worlds!

Geri W.
Chicago

Date of stay: August 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The attentiveness of the staff and attention to detail.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
6 Sep 2014
Thanks Geri....heard you had great fun. Thanks for such an excellent evaluation
We look forward to your return.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Date of stay: July 2014
Liked best: Everything!!
Liked least: Nothing!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NYC
Reviewed 9 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Date of stay: October 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
9 Nov 2013
Thanks so much. It was a pleasure hosting you and the girls and hope to see you back soon.
Montclair NJ
Reviewed 4 November 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Date of stay: February 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
6 Mar 2018
Thanks so much for such a remarkable review!!
We look forward to your return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.