“Delicious.. Laid Back.. On the Beach”
Review of Chill Out Hut

Chill Out Hut
Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious.. Laid Back.. On the Beach”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We loved this restaurant! We ate here twice during our vacation it was so delicious. The restaurant has a real island vibe to it. The drinks were delicious as well. There are hammocks on the water front and screens on the beach showing videos. This place was amazing.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Brittany D

Munich, Germany
“Dinner by the Beach”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Set right on the beach, great food, friendly staff, nice, casual atmosphere and live music make this place popular not only with tourists but also with locals. Highly recommended for a romantic evening or dinner with friends and also great for the whole family.

• Visited January 2013
windsor ontario
“Great find on the North Coast!”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I made a stop here on the way back from Mobay, looked like a cool spot, and it is! Made a return visit with the family on St. Patrick,s day for dinner! This is a nice spot on the beach for dinner,drinks and a good view of the sunset. There was a live reggae band, the food was excellent, and has a "chill" atmosphere! I had the seafood chowder and the nacho,s, wife had seafood pasta, and the kids had cheeseburgers, lots of choices for every one, all the food was really good, and will return next time I am in that area for sure.

1 Thank poolguywindsor
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A serene and beautiful place...most memorable part of our vacation!”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I were introduced to this fantastic beach- side restaurant on a day trip to MoBay. It's one of my cousin's favourite spots and now it's up there as one of my favourite places in the world. It's a wonderful place with great panoramic views of a calm bay. We chose to to sit outside under tables with grass huts right on the sand to enjoy the warm, breezy weather. I remember feeling completely relaxed, at peace and happy as I soaked up the delightful heat and marveled at the casual and relaxed beauty of the place.I ordered the fried snapper and festival and it came out fresh, hot, appetizingly presented and was unbelievably delicious. Plus, I've never seen a snapper so big in my entire life! That said, the portions are quite generous so make sure to arrive hungry! You will savour every morsel, I promise. I found myself sampling my husband's rice and peas (absolutely sublime!) and bammy prepared a way I've never tried before (it was divinely good!) The okra was also spectacular and I thoroughly enjoyed every last bite of my meal. The service was friendly, pleasant and unhurried- exactly how a Jamaican vacation should be. My mouth is watering for their fried fish, festival and other delicious foods as we speak and it's not because it's 3:30 p.m. and I haven't had lunch yet! We really look forward to visiting Chill Out Hut again the next time we're in MoBay. Four thumbs waaaaayyyyy up for this excellent beach-side restaurant! :D

2 Thank Monique D
Columbia, Maryland
“fun food, drinks and view”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

we took a trip to the chill out during a stay at sandals montego bay. the service was great and the prices were cheap. you can save even more by getting your own flask of rum and mixers. the chicken wings, fried chicken and bammy were all very good. it is a must visit locals and tourist spot.

1 Thank Kstark23