“Fun spot on the beach”
Review of Chill Out Hut

Chill Out Hut
Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Fun spot on the beach”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I like going to the Chill Out Hut because of the view. It is right ON the beach. The sea, sand, pier, hammocks, occasional kite surfers to watch, all give it a very groovy "lime". The food is just alright, and the service is mediocre on a good day, but, so what, it's island style mon....sit back and enjoy the nice vibe :)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Macebvi

Columbia, Maryland
“Pre wedding BBQ and Drinks”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Dawn Murray
I recently hosted a pre wedding BBQ for my son's wedding at Chill Out Hut.
I had never seen it before, as we had flown into Jamaica for my son.s wedding, and all the arrangements were made on line. I Need not have worried as the Atmosphere and Venue on the beach was GREAT, the food was EXCELLENT, the service and friendliness of the waiters and staff was EXTREMELY GOOD, and the Manager Cheryl Atkinson, was wonderful to work with.
You immediately knew that she knew her business.
Thanks for a memorable evening Cheryl.!!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Dawn M
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nasty human waste on the floor”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a horrific experience at the Chill Out Hut.

The restaurant is on a beach but actually smells terrible - and the hygiene and service were AWFUL - among the worst that we have experienced ANYWHERE.

I dont think the place had been cleaned at all. For a long while. The restrooms smelt absolutely vile, and in front of the kitchens (that we saw on the way from the restrooms).
There was vomit on the floor that no one had bothered to clear up.

When I reported what I had seen to my wife, we obviously lost our appetites immediately and took steps to inform our waiter.

I think what disturbed us so much was how disinterested they were. Even the manager did not apologize, and seemed more interested in the drink in her hand than the human waste outside the kitchens!!

In addition, when we were in the parking lot we saw what seemed to be an oversized rat scuttling into the bushes.

I can't believe this place has not been shut down by the authorities in Jamaica.

Worst dining experience of our life. I feel physically sick at the thought that we even had one mouthful of food there.

GROSS.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Floyd P
Rockmart, Georgia
“Great place!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We went here several times while we were in Montego Bay. Excellent and friendly service, and great food! Loved the atmosphere too.

Florida
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been here perhaps two or three times before and I was so dying to go back, I drove from Round Hill in the pouring rain to go. And again i wasn't disappointed. My mom had garlic shrimp, my dad garlic steamed snapper and I had curried fish fillet. We had a chicken vegetable soup to start. My dad had some kind of cocktail to drink. Sides were steamed bammy, fried bammy and mashed potatoes. Every single thing was absolutely delicious. The food is so well seasoned and succulent, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. And all that food I mentioned was for the equivalent of about $50.00 usd. Did I mention this place is located in the beach? A Must visit if you're in the area!!

• Visited May 2014