“Doctor's Cave :A must stop”

The Sand Bar at Doctors Cave Beach
Ranked #25 of 131 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Description: From top-shelf liqueurs and spirits, to a dizzying array of premium cocktails expertly prepared by our master mixologists, to mouth-watering local and international delights (nothing less than fresh-caught fish and shellfish will do for our cherished guests!). If your plan is to watch the latest game live, we have it. If you want to dine on amazing cuisine, we do that. And when you're satisfied, sit back with us, relaxing with your favourite drink in hand and be dazzled by the splendour of a fabulous Jamaican sunset over the azure Caribbean Sea, remember to feel again the Sand between your toes and your perfect Sand experience
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great food, reasonably priced .Friendly very accommodating staff, fabulous atmosphere...food and alcohol so close to a stunning white sand beach.What more can you ask for on a vacation. Highly recommend a visit when you are in Montego Bay.

1  Thank JOSIEBELL660

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place for lunch on the beach. The patties are only $2 here and they are great! They also have a full menu and a big drink menu. Everything we ordered was good. Sweet potato fries were among our favorites. Service was friendly, a little relaxed, but that's to be expected in the Carribbean.

1  Thank CMAS_Chicago
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Sands at Doctors Cave was a fabulous place to stop for lunch. The servers were friendly, the food was delicious and well priced. The restaurant is right on the absolutely stunning beach making it easy to go for a swim in between appetizers or beverages. The fresh smoothies were delicious!! The Internet was a little slow but other than that, everything was wonderful!!

1  Thank onelove_adventure
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Montego Bay, Feb 25-28th. I wish I could give two ratings; one for service/experience and another for food quality but since I can't I had to settle on an 'average' rating. First service/ experience; any establishment that offers food and beverage service right on the beach is number one in my book as confirmed by the many pina coladas and frozen limeades I enjoyed while I lounging on my beach chair. The wait staff were beyond friendly and accomodating. The service sitting on the deck at the restaurant was more than sufficient; I purposefully left all the 'hustle and bustle of the rat race' back at home and was in absolutely no hurry to do anything. They have removed the hanging hammocks and have changed some of the general decor of it's predecessor, The Groovy Grouper, but the atmosphere overall is still very lively. Ok, now the menu/ food; I had lunch there all three days of my visit. Day one; lollipop chicken wings and a salad which consisted of greens, a few cherry tomatoes, some diced mango, and croutons. The dressing, however, was too sweet. I don't recall what they called the 'sauce' that came on the side of the wings, but I swear it was pancake syrup, again, too sweet. Day 2 lunch I was craving some fried fish which actually came out escoveitched (covered in hot peppers). Their fish portion was huge and quite flavorful once I scraped off all the hot scotch bonnet and jalepeno peppers (after having experienced escovieitch fish preparation on my first visit to Jamaica in 2000, I learned my lesson...the hard way!) Day 3 was a basic bacon cheeseburger and fries; although the ground beef in Jamaica is more dense than its USDA counterpoint, it was still cooked to medium doneness as ordered (and for some reason all the french fries in Jamiaca are just about 3"!) Also, there's a reggae combo that plays in the afternoons which just enhances the entire experience! Just one additional note about service; Wednesdays are cruise ship days in Montego Bay and Carnival offers a shore excursion to Doctors Cave Beach. Of the three days I was there, the beach was the most crowded on that day so the actual 'beach service' was somewhat limited and eventually suspended as the demanding, arrogant and disrespectful American cruise ship passengers overwhelmed the staff. There's no reason to be rude...especially when you're on VACATION. The overall disrecpect they showed towards the Jamaican staff was deplorable...but typically American!

1  Thank WBNVA
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Easy to access in Montego Bay and available parking, parking tickets available from the local shops.