“Customer Service at its best!”

Royalton White Sands Resort
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Customer Service at its best!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed with my wife for a week in this incredible hotel for our babymoon. When we first arrived we knew it was something special. The Grounds are well maintained. And the contemporary decor was just right. My wife and I have previously stayed at The Excellence in Cancun and Barcelo in Cabo so the contemporary vibe of everything fit in with our taste.

The food was good. The Steakhouse & Italian steakhouse was our favorite. We had the tenderloin & the rib eye. At the Italian restaurant the pizza was very good. We enjoyed the jerk chicken at the grill everyday on the beach. And the beach Party on our last night was memorable.

The beach & pools were just right. The temperature of the pool and cleanliness were very well received. The view from the pool was just breathtaking. And the ocean felt like we were in a hot bubble bath with its clear waters.

But the best part of this hotel was the customer service. Yes some other reviews stick on some of the problems that have arisen during their stay which we had some of the same. But the way that the hotel responded is what makes the difference and why I gave this hotel 5 stars. My wife and I had went thru some problems and the General Manager Armando, the Residence Manager Alexander, and Jody the Front Office Manager went well beyond to take care of us at every turn. They were understanding, they listened, and they acted. And when you go anywhere that's all you could ask for. The problems people have are being worked on and me and wife are definitely coming back and I'm sure most of the problems are being taken away because this hotel management is committed to making things right.

So if you want to go somewhere where the staff is the absolute best and go way above and beyond your expectations to meet your every need, then book right now because this place is out of site.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an incredible view! Make sure you get ocean view and not ocean front.
6 Thank Bamjamdam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,430)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I were surfing the internet trying to decide where to spend our vacation this year. We have always gone to Jamaica every year since 2008. Having been to most of the resorts in Jamaica we decided to take a look at Royalton White Sands since we had not been there. Like most people we browsed through the reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not impressed. How ever, my wife convinced me that we book this resort and take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. In fact she reminded me of what the reviews were about Grand Palladium when it first opened in 2009 and we went despite of negative reviews. So we did. Keep in mind I did not have great expectations due to the reviews.
When we got to the resort it was 10 am in the morning therefore our room was not ready yet. They gave us our bracelet and advised us to enjoy the resort amenities till our rooms were ready. off we went. We toured the facility and my wife always wants to know where the recreational facilities are. I must say I was impressed by the small gym. It had everything needed for a great work out. The service at the poor side bar was amazing. When our room was ready around 2:30 pm we went and unpacked. The partying continued. Our first night we visited the steak house no line up and the food was excellent! Contrary to what we had read on the reviews about line ups. Second night we went to the Asian restaurant. I must say the food was delicious, fresh shrimp, fish and chicken was way much better compared to many other resorts we have visited in Jamaica. In fact we went back twice before we left.They prepared the food at your table and the cooks were funny as hell. We chatted with our teen age daughters every day on face time and they sure made it known that it was not cool to go to such a great resort with a water park without your children. As you can imagine there is wifi access every where on the resort so we laterally showed off everything that was going on. We plan to go back next year and take them with us. This is the only resort where we did not have to go to the lobby to access wifi. A bonus for those wanting to communicate with family back home. Another amazing feature which I am still using is the Royalton app. YOU HAVE TO DOWN LOAD THIS!!. Free calls every day to our kids back in Canada no hefty Rogers roaming charges! If I might add I am still using mine for free long distance calls.
One of the negative reviews I had read about the resort was lack of shade and beach beds. Well I can testify that we had a cabana every day except one day when we went off the resort. Other wise we always had a great spot in the shade. The beach servers were always available to provide us with drinks when ever we needed them. One of ground staff even cut me a fresh coconut which I mixed with Coconut rum. You have to try this next time you visit the resort.
The only thing I was not too impressed about was their night entertainment. They do not have an indoor venue therefore night rain caused havoc as some events were cancelled. I do hope they will take this into consideration. They did have great entertainment though when ever it did not rain. I am an advocate of these foreign owned resorts promoting local entertainment. White sands is doing a great job at bringing in local talent as part of their nightly entertainment.
For a new resort I must say this resort is on the right track. I can hardly wait to go back next year and notice the improvements that have taken place. I would recommend any one with kids looking for a place for vacation. The water park is great for both kids and adults. At the min time I am still enjoying the Royalton app. Great resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank sillk007
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed with husband 4/30-5/5. Overall had an amazing time with only a few little glitches here and there. This is a long review but I tried to be as detailed as possible.

Club Mobay-This is a must for arrivals and departures, we were in and out of customs and immigration in 10 min and were sitting in the lounge with a cool cloth and rum punch-fantastic!

When we arrived at the hotel, we were upgrading to the Diamond Club. Rosie in the Diamond Club was wonderful. We were served champagne, quickly checked in and she explained all the amenities of the club and the resort. Ian was quick to ask where we wanted to eat and ensured we could get into the steak house when we wanted. The Diamond Club beach itself was wonderful and had plenty of shade and drinks. However, we were put in room 311 which while it did have an ocean view, it was not on the Diamond Club level and I think that may have contributed to a lack of contact by the butlers. On the other hand, when we decided to return early from Kingston and we call the Club, they quickly arranged a driver who met us at the airport within the time we landed which was only 30 minutes. Diamond Club overall rating: a 3 for our stay, would have been a 4 if we had been on the Diamond Club Level.

Restaurants: The buffet for breakfast and lunch was fantastic. Michael at the omelet station and Nikema always ensured we had whatever we wanted or needed. They even made us saltfish and ackee when we asked for it. Lots of fresh choices everyday and staff in buffet was always wonderful.

Italian: Loved this restaraunt! Gary and Deshoun were fantastic. Marco the chef did an amazing job. The best things on the menu here are the seafood risotto and the steak. I honestly have to say the steak here is better than at the steakhouse. The tiramisu is an absolute must. The house chardonnay is wonderful.

Steakhouse: Loved it! The appetizers were delicious and they always had a little something extra with the rolla rings and steak fries. The calimari with it was wonderful and loved both the bbq and garlic aoli sauces. The salad with the balsamic vinegrette was one of the best salads at the resort and the salmon is a must have. The creme brulee is absolutely fantastic.

Zen: We didn't try to go to this restaurant as we frequent hibachi style at home.

Jerk Hut: delicious but was disappointed there were no patties available.

Sports Bar: This was the one place the food was a bit disappointing. The fish and chips were very good but the fries weren't hot when they were served. The chicken burger my husband had looked delicious and his fries were hot.

Coffee bar/ice cream: Loved the coffee bar. They had wonderful selections of coffee drinks, the pasteries in the morning were great and then they changed them around 2 and had a different selection. Loved visiting with them. Didn't get to try the ice cream because we were too full!

Beaches: The actual beach/water area for the Diamond Club was disappointing. It requires quite a bit more grooming and work to rid itself of the seaweed and rocks. The regular beach and island was wonderful.

Pools: All the pools were terrific but really loved the infinity pool with the pool bar. Remon in the bar made the most amazing drinks and was so fun! Eric the lifeguard was wonderful.

Martini bar: Loved it! Great selection of drinks.

Now the only problems we had:
Electrical outlets in our room were not all wired correctly. Housekeeping was hit or miss as far as the completeness of the job they did. However, once we mentioned it to Rosie in the Diamond Club it was corrected.

The girls at the front desk were so helpful and fantastic, as was Carolyn with JTL transportation and everyone in the gift shop.

Over all, this was a wonderful stay and we won't hesitate to come back. We never passed any of the staff that did not have a wonderful smile or hello. The new decor was great, loved the live jazz on Sunday night. The beds were so amazing! Can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: If you want to book Diamond Club do it at the front end so you can be on the 7th floor.
7 Thank Lynn B
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello Lynn B,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you have made Royalton White Sands the place to be while you were in Jamaica. We also appreciate you taking the time out not only to review our resort but also to recommend us to others.

We are delighted to know that from the day of arrival to the day of your departure we have WOWED you in soooo many different ways.... from our restaurant services and menus, our bar selections and specialities, our beaches, pools, and entertainment you have enjoyed them all.

Again thank you for making it Royalton White Sands. We cant wait to have you once more with us.

Regards
Krisia Hardie
Community Relation's Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2014

There was very little water pressure in the shower and the water went from extremely hot to cold. It was very unpleasant and dangerous at the same time.

The drinks seemed watered down. When we asked staff to open a new bottle of grey goose in front of us we were told they could not.

I had to call room service several times to obtain clean towels.

My room was connected to an adjoining room and I did thought it was a closet so I opened the door which was unlocked and there was it was room with two men in it. I mentioned this to the manager and was told that housekeeping should have secured the lock.

There was a gentlemen painting in the halls as guest were going back and forth, I suggested that he paint maybe late at night as not to interupt the guest.

The food was 100% delicious and the activities with the Radio station were the best.

Room Tip: Make sure if you have adjoining rooms that the housekeeping secures the locks
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at Royalton Sands..Hospitality is awesome...I enjoyed the staff Ricardo, Kaydena, Natasha and the entire entertainment team...Remon, Kein from the poolside bar and the rest of the staff....Kudos to Royalton!!!....Ms Vickie

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Green Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We visited the Royalton white sands in April with two teens in tow. With only a slight hiccough on arrival concerning our reservation for adjoining rooms (they had us on two separate floors, fixed within one hour) we wishes we hadn't worried about older reviews! One tip, if you have a question about something, ask more than one staff member. You'll get a different answer likely. Only annoyance during lovely week was lack of sufficient umbrellas at pools. We did two great trips, snorkeling and luminous lagoon. Both amazing! Both very reasonable. Look for Michael and Richard from the dive shack to get signed up! Food was great, not 5 star but very nice variety, awesome local food and fruit every day. Monday night beach party was very well done! Shows were fun and kid friendly. All restaurants were good, ask to have outdoor seating for steakhouse- otherwise you'll be indoors. And reservations for steakhouse start at 5:30 for either a 6 or 8 pm seating. You'll be given a buzzer and likely buzzed early. Try the lamb at the Italian restaurant- amazing!! All staff members were lovely, lots of trainees though. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank KeriBenscoter
Hello Vickie A,

Thank you for your review. Your review is important to us as it shows us what you are expecting.

We are delighted that we have surpassed your expectation with the services we offer. While we improve on our services we have been adding cabanas as well as umbrellas on the pool area as well as the beach.

Thank you for highlighting our strong points and we will definitely be working on the others.

Regards,
Krisia Hardie
Community Relation's Manager
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a place this is . I can tell you this place is fantastic the food is amazing the staff are there for every need you ask for . If you are coming here you will love it .i can't think of anything bad to say about this place. Happy hols.

Room Tip: High floor is a must
2 Thank Karl B
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Royalton White Sands Resort? Share your experiences!