“Great place to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Winchester
“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I am on day five of my vacation at Royalton White Sands in Jamaica. I am having wonderful time. When I arrived the check in process was different but not a problem. We arrived about an hour before check in time but the room was ready so we were taken to the room. We were in a one bedroom which had 1.5 bathrooms, a table and chair set and two chairs that could be used as beds. The balcony was large enough for a table and chair set as well a larg casual lounge chair. The room was clean upon arrival and has be kept clean throughout the week. The beach area is small but there are enough loungers there for everybody this week. I was in a diamond club room so I stayed in the diamond club beach area which had a bar and servers. The food at the different restaurants has been good. The service from the staff whether at check-in to the workers on the beach have been very good. This is a wonderful place for vacation. I am very glad that I selected this place to vacation at.

6 Thank Douglas63
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Douglas63,

Thank you for your review. Your review has provided us with much insights on the progress of the changes we have and will continue to implement.

We are pleased to know that we have provided you with the WOW experience you have been looking forward to. We have also happy that you have chosen Royalton White Sands for your vacation.

Again thank you and we do hope to have you back home very soon.

Have a Royal Day!

Community Relation's Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,344)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back from a 2 week holiday,from the very start Dahlia,the quality manager ,was very attentive and kept in touch throughout making sure everything was ok.Kaymar, the pool boy was very friendly and funny keeping us entertained everyday.The service throughout the complex was first class,especially Shanoy the lady who served us drinks at the pool.As an overall holiday it was probably one of the best and would fully recommend it to others.

3 Thank Alan051961
Dear Alan051961,

Thank you for your review. We are motivated to have you rank us as a great resort. Our management team and team members will continue to work towards maintaining our great factors and overtime exceeding them.

We are always working to enhance our resort and therefore we will be even greater when we host you again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from our stay at the Royalton White Sands in Montego Bay. We spent the last six days there celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and our stay was amazing!!!

The experience from check-in to check-out was top notch. They treat their Diamond Club members like royalty and we loved it.

I also want to express how much we loved the dining experiences, with 5 restaurants to choose from you can't go wrong. A special thanks to Ketrina, Paul, and Shevelle for their excellent service.

Finally, I want to thank Keniel for his personal service as he assisted us during our anniversary romantic dinner at the beach gazebo.

Thank you Royalton, we'll be back soon!

Nazim and LaTonya Fakir

7 Thank Nazim F
Dear Nazim F,

We are happy that you took the time to write a review. We are thrilled that we were able to be apart of that very special occasion and that we played our part in making it quite memorable.

We will definitely share your commendations with our team members. I am sure your review will motivate them.

It was great hosting you and we look forward to doing so again.

Have a Royal Day!

Nobleboro, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I loved staying here and would definitely go again! The service is outstanding, food is excellent and accommodations are top notch! Felt as though we were treated like Royalty the whole stay!! Amazing experience!!

Room Tip: 6th and 7th floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Debb W
Dear Debb W,

We are privileged to have had you with us. We are happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Remember no matter how small the request maybe at Royalton White Sands it will always be our pleasure to fulfil!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed with my wife for a week in this incredible hotel for our babymoon. When we first arrived we knew it was something special. The Grounds are well maintained. And the contemporary decor was just right. My wife and I have previously stayed at The Excellence in Cancun and Barcelo in Cabo so the contemporary vibe of everything fit in with our taste.

The food was good. The Steakhouse & Italian steakhouse was our favorite. We had the tenderloin & the rib eye. At the Italian restaurant the pizza was very good. We enjoyed the jerk chicken at the grill everyday on the beach. And the beach Party on our last night was memorable.

The beach & pools were just right. The temperature of the pool and cleanliness were very well received. The view from the pool was just breathtaking. And the ocean felt like we were in a hot bubble bath with its clear waters.

But the best part of this hotel was the customer service. Yes some other reviews stick on some of the problems that have arisen during their stay which we had some of the same. But the way that the hotel responded is what makes the difference and why I gave this hotel 5 stars. My wife and I had went thru some problems and the General Manager Armando, the Residence Manager Alexander, and Jody the Front Office Manager went well beyond to take care of us at every turn. They were understanding, they listened, and they acted. And when you go anywhere that's all you could ask for. The problems people have are being worked on and me and wife are definitely coming back and I'm sure most of the problems are being taken away because this hotel management is committed to making things right.

So if you want to go somewhere where the staff is the absolute best and go way above and beyond your expectations to meet your every need, then book right now because this place is out of site.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an incredible view! Make sure you get ocean view and not ocean front.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Bamjamdam
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I were surfing the internet trying to decide where to spend our vacation this year. We have always gone to Jamaica every year since 2008. Having been to most of the resorts in Jamaica we decided to take a look at Royalton White Sands since we had not been there. Like most people we browsed through the reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not impressed. How ever, my wife convinced me that we book this resort and take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. In fact she reminded me of what the reviews were about Grand Palladium when it first opened in 2009 and we went despite of negative reviews. So we did. Keep in mind I did not have great expectations due to the reviews.
When we got to the resort it was 10 am in the morning therefore our room was not ready yet. They gave us our bracelet and advised us to enjoy the resort amenities till our rooms were ready. off we went. We toured the facility and my wife always wants to know where the recreational facilities are. I must say I was impressed by the small gym. It had everything needed for a great work out. The service at the poor side bar was amazing. When our room was ready around 2:30 pm we went and unpacked. The partying continued. Our first night we visited the steak house no line up and the food was excellent! Contrary to what we had read on the reviews about line ups. Second night we went to the Asian restaurant. I must say the food was delicious, fresh shrimp, fish and chicken was way much better compared to many other resorts we have visited in Jamaica. In fact we went back twice before we left.They prepared the food at your table and the cooks were funny as hell. We chatted with our teen age daughters every day on face time and they sure made it known that it was not cool to go to such a great resort with a water park without your children. As you can imagine there is wifi access every where on the resort so we laterally showed off everything that was going on. We plan to go back next year and take them with us. This is the only resort where we did not have to go to the lobby to access wifi. A bonus for those wanting to communicate with family back home. Another amazing feature which I am still using is the Royalton app. YOU HAVE TO DOWN LOAD THIS!!. Free calls every day to our kids back in Canada no hefty Rogers roaming charges! If I might add I am still using mine for free long distance calls.
One of the negative reviews I had read about the resort was lack of shade and beach beds. Well I can testify that we had a cabana every day except one day when we went off the resort. Other wise we always had a great spot in the shade. The beach servers were always available to provide us with drinks when ever we needed them. One of ground staff even cut me a fresh coconut which I mixed with Coconut rum. You have to try this next time you visit the resort.
The only thing I was not too impressed about was their night entertainment. They do not have an indoor venue therefore night rain caused havoc as some events were cancelled. I do hope they will take this into consideration. They did have great entertainment though when ever it did not rain. I am an advocate of these foreign owned resorts promoting local entertainment. White sands is doing a great job at bringing in local talent as part of their nightly entertainment.
For a new resort I must say this resort is on the right track. I can hardly wait to go back next year and notice the improvements that have taken place. I would recommend any one with kids looking for a place for vacation. The water park is great for both kids and adults. At the min time I am still enjoying the Royalton app. Great resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank sillk007
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed with husband 4/30-5/5. Overall had an amazing time with only a few little glitches here and there. This is a long review but I tried to be as detailed as possible.

Club Mobay-This is a must for arrivals and departures, we were in and out of customs and immigration in 10 min and were sitting in the lounge with a cool cloth and rum punch-fantastic!

When we arrived at the hotel, we were upgrading to the Diamond Club. Rosie in the Diamond Club was wonderful. We were served champagne, quickly checked in and she explained all the amenities of the club and the resort. Ian was quick to ask where we wanted to eat and ensured we could get into the steak house when we wanted. The Diamond Club beach itself was wonderful and had plenty of shade and drinks. However, we were put in room 311 which while it did have an ocean view, it was not on the Diamond Club level and I think that may have contributed to a lack of contact by the butlers. On the other hand, when we decided to return early from Kingston and we call the Club, they quickly arranged a driver who met us at the airport within the time we landed which was only 30 minutes. Diamond Club overall rating: a 3 for our stay, would have been a 4 if we had been on the Diamond Club Level.

Restaurants: The buffet for breakfast and lunch was fantastic. Michael at the omelet station and Nikema always ensured we had whatever we wanted or needed. They even made us saltfish and ackee when we asked for it. Lots of fresh choices everyday and staff in buffet was always wonderful.

Italian: Loved this restaraunt! Gary and Deshoun were fantastic. Marco the chef did an amazing job. The best things on the menu here are the seafood risotto and the steak. I honestly have to say the steak here is better than at the steakhouse. The tiramisu is an absolute must. The house chardonnay is wonderful.

Steakhouse: Loved it! The appetizers were delicious and they always had a little something extra with the rolla rings and steak fries. The calimari with it was wonderful and loved both the bbq and garlic aoli sauces. The salad with the balsamic vinegrette was one of the best salads at the resort and the salmon is a must have. The creme brulee is absolutely fantastic.

Zen: We didn't try to go to this restaurant as we frequent hibachi style at home.

Jerk Hut: delicious but was disappointed there were no patties available.

Sports Bar: This was the one place the food was a bit disappointing. The fish and chips were very good but the fries weren't hot when they were served. The chicken burger my husband had looked delicious and his fries were hot.

Coffee bar/ice cream: Loved the coffee bar. They had wonderful selections of coffee drinks, the pasteries in the morning were great and then they changed them around 2 and had a different selection. Loved visiting with them. Didn't get to try the ice cream because we were too full!

Beaches: The actual beach/water area for the Diamond Club was disappointing. It requires quite a bit more grooming and work to rid itself of the seaweed and rocks. The regular beach and island was wonderful.

Pools: All the pools were terrific but really loved the infinity pool with the pool bar. Remon in the bar made the most amazing drinks and was so fun! Eric the lifeguard was wonderful.

Martini bar: Loved it! Great selection of drinks.

Now the only problems we had:
Electrical outlets in our room were not all wired correctly. Housekeeping was hit or miss as far as the completeness of the job they did. However, once we mentioned it to Rosie in the Diamond Club it was corrected.

The girls at the front desk were so helpful and fantastic, as was Carolyn with JTL transportation and everyone in the gift shop.

Over all, this was a wonderful stay and we won't hesitate to come back. We never passed any of the staff that did not have a wonderful smile or hello. The new decor was great, loved the live jazz on Sunday night. The beds were so amazing! Can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: If you want to book Diamond Club do it at the front end so you can be on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Lynn B
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello Lynn B,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you have made Royalton White Sands the place to be while you were in Jamaica. We also appreciate you taking the time out not only to review our resort but also to recommend us to others.

We are delighted to know that from the day of arrival to the day of your departure we have WOWED you in soooo many different ways.... from our restaurant services and menus, our bar selections and specialities, our beaches, pools, and entertainment you have enjoyed them all.

Again thank you for making it Royalton White Sands. We cant wait to have you once more with us.

Regards
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Royalton White Sands Resort? Share your experiences!