Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$614
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$427
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Royal Decameron Montego Beach(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$198
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$322
  • Pool
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$191
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$253
Bookit.com
US$97
2,562 results
All reviewsaqua barfun funjo jochill out barvogue barspecialty restaurantsfusion restauranthour barjerk chickenbreakfast and lunchentertainment stafflobby barsister resortwhite partyclose to the airportan adults only resortplanes flying
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My boyfriend and I planned a 5 night trip to Jamaica and spent 2 of the nights at RIU Palace Montego Bay. We could not have been happier with our stay there! From the food options, activities, entertainment, and overall service this was the perfect hotel for us.

Pros:
- New, modern hotel with a chic ambiance and modern decor
- Food: from the buffets to the a la carte restaurants, we absolutely loved the food and could always find something yummy no matter what time of day it was. I highly recommend eating at the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner at least once. We tried the steakhouse one night and we found it to be decent even though the menu was small. Unfortunately we were not able to try Zen or the italian restaurant due to lack of time. At lunch time, there is also a taco stand near the pool which was absolutely delicious!
- Pool and entertainment: Our favorite spot to hang out was at the pool. It was fully equipped with a pool bar, volleyball net, and the most amazing entertainment staff that DJed music and hosted games/competitions. We ended up spending most of our day here because of how fun the entertainment staff made it.
- Service: the buffet staff (Jason, Richard, Shandain?), the entertainment staff (Lorenzo!!, Niki, Barbie, Fun Fun, etc), and the rest of the hotel staff was absolutely amazing. They made our trip enjoyable, comfortable, and never made us feel awkward about requesting anything. They really made us feel at home and we would definitely come back and stay here for the service alone!
- Close to the airport and the hip strip. If you can, definitely hang out at Margaritaville for drinks, entertainment, and water slides.

Overall, RIU palace did not disappoint and I would highly recommend staying here if you want a quality, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank S M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you stay here at the RIU Palace Make sure that you lock up EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING. The Security Staff will search thru your personal belongings, even if the luggage, purse, backpack is ZIPPED up.

While I was out of my room on an excursion. The Security Officer went inside my backpack and removed currency from by bag.

I felt my personal property had been violated and searched for no reason other than it being an expensive designer backpack.

Warning – be safe, secure your valuables.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
23  Thank 4JADE05
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Riu Place for 5 days. I was very disappointed , As soon as we arrived the service was very slow to check in The grounds were not appealing to the eye. No color contrast, all buildings white no tropical flare at all. . The Hotel advertised 24 hr all-inclusive. I arrived around 11:35am and was extremely hungry from the long flight. I was told all restaurants were closed I would have to wait for another 30 minutes or so to get anything to eat. The Buffet restaurant selections were very limited and the food was not that great. The Al la carte restaurants were the absolute worst. And I tried them all. No where on the entire property is any Brand name liquor. No cognac either. The Late Night room service menu consisted of 5 items none of them appealing.
I could go on all day about how disappointed I was with this resort but I won't. My recommendation is find another place to spend your money and vacation. It's very small and extremely quite no activities. I Travel for leisure at least 3 times a year and this is my least favorite resort I have been to in the last 6 years.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank 50Aug2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I just came back from Jamaica on July 6, 2014. This is a smaller resort than what we are used to however; by far one of the nicest resorts we have stayed in. The rooms were very modern and very clean. The food was really good. Our favorite restaurant was the Italian and the buffet had a large selection therefore; you have choices in different foods to pick from. Room service is 24 hours so you can always get something to eat if you get hungry late night. The staff's customer service is by far the best we have ever encountered in all of our years of traveling. They welcome you and make you feel at home. Everyone was super nice and very friendly. Our favorite entertainers were Lisa, Barbie and Lorenzo and they came around everyday and checked on all of the guests. The pools were very clean and the activities at the pool were a lot of fun as well. We never had a problem finding chairs at the pool or the beach. The shows are next door at the Riu which were excellent and start at 9:30 pm. The disco played great music and we really enjoyed our evenings there. They are open from 11pm-2am daily. I would definitely recommend this resort as an adults-only vacation. My husband and I are looking forward to returning and have every intention on staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cynthia L
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Everything about this hotel is excellent. It was the appropriate chioce for our vacation and Birthday Celebration. The location is close to the airport, about 8 minutes away driiving. The overall staff from the Managers to the Cleaners were all very professional & friendly and made us quite comfortable throughout our 6 days stay. The food at all the restaurants was quite delicious, hotel rooms and surroundings were properly maintained and very clean. We have no regrets and will highlyrecommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor, ocean Front overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family