Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
US$609
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$318
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$322
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
  • Breakfast included
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$194
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$253
Bookit.com
US$97
2,561 results
All reviewsaqua barfun funjo jochill out barvogue barspecialty restaurantsfusion restauranthour barjerk chickenbreakfast and lunchentertainment stafflobby barsister resortwhite partyclose to the airportan adults only resortplanes flying
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I chose the Adults Only Riu Palace Jamaica for our 10th anniversary. The hotel is a short 5-10 minute ride from the airport. Upon arrival, we were blown away by the Palace and the staff that works there. The lobby is magnificent, as is the style and design of the entire hotel. Kareth at the front desk welcomed us with a friendly greeting and got us checked in very quickly. She also provided maps of the hotel facilities and a schedule of events. Our room was nice and extremely clean. We had no issues or problems with our room at all, and the shower was great.

We certainly did not lack for food during our stay. The main buffet was always really good for dinner the nights we did not go to the Steakhouse. For lunch they had a large buffet inside and then even more options outside including some awesome jerk chicken.
All of the waiters were awesome, we had Romiero at the Steakhouse and Jason more than once at the main restaurant. They took good care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. Also should mention my man Clive on the beach, he came up with a nickname for me early in the week that he stuck with throughout our stay. The entertainment team were all great. Lorenzo, Lisa, and Fun Fun, among others kept us involved in various activities during the day and some at night.

Another neat benefit of staying at the Palace was being able to go to the bigger Riu property next door any time and take advantage of the additional food options and to see the shows at night. We went over at lunch to get the jerk chicken at the hut on the beach, and it was very good. The shows later at night were also pretty entertaining.

I would, without a doubt, return to the Palace in the future and I hope that happens sooner than later!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 256wm
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Got here July 16 had a blast every night and day fun was great food was good I highly recommend this place. The rooms look exactly what u see on the internet. And Richard the bartender was great. And my boy his name is FUN FUN. LOOK HIM UP IF YOU COME THIS WAY.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gershom J
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Me and my husband stayed at that palace from the Friday 27th of June for 2 weeks.
Right from the start of our stay we was treated like royalty! As we entered the absolutely gorgeous lobby we was greeted with a glass of champagne and a big friendly welcome from a Abraham the porter and Ricardo the receptionist, we knew we had made the right choice for our holiday after having a bad experience in Mexico the previous year!
We was told to leave our luggage and not worry about it as we was now on holiday, so we went to our room which was out of this world we was on the 3rd floor which I like. The room was a really good size, spotless and was beautiful decorated so to my liking! Open plan bathroom with a jacuzzi bath a huge king size bed. We opened our balcony door and I was totally blown away with the view!! We was looking over the pool and sea amazing!! Abraham was soon to be there with our luggage, he gave us a little tour of our room showed us how to work the jacuzzi and most importantly showed the mini bar which was filled with beer soft drinks and water and on the wall was 4 optics brandy, vodka, whiskey, Appleton rum. My husband had asked Ricardo when checking in if they was red stripe in the room and he said I can sort that for you, true to his word 3 bottles of red stripe came to the room from room service.
Don't understand why people on here are moaning about the alcohol not been branded, the bars have the brands you just have to state what brand you want or you'll get the local alcohol.
Breakfast and lunch is served at buffet and is truly amazing with lots of choice. At home I always skip breakfast but I think I only missed breakfast once in the whole 2 weeks!! The omelettes were amazing and freshly made with your choice of fillings. Ryan and Richard made each morning for us special and then again at lunch they are 2 amazing guys that we now call friends nothing was to much trouble and we loved talking to them.
We spent most of our time around the pool relaxing and soaking up the sun (well I did!) the pool we sat around had a swim up bar and was the main pool for entertainment which I loved watching!!
A big shout out to the entertainment team especially fun fun such a top guy again another friend we have made!! They all do an amazing job at keeping everyone entertained even if your not one to join in they'll come and chat to you to see how your doing. Shout out also to Barbie,Lisa,Rory and Lorenzo all fab guys!
The bar staff around the pool were also amazing couldn't do enough for you especially omaine he looked after us for our stay we didn't have to ask or move for our drinks he would bring them straight to us once he knew what we liked they're was also a lady that was ace to but didn't get her name.
At the evening we'd spend most of our time chilling in the vogue bar with the main man Fabian! The bar is gorgeous and air conditioned. Fabian made the best cocktails! And the list of martinis is endless again they are the best!! The bar had singers and musicians on every night which were really good. The main entertainment was at the aqua bar with the entertainment team, each night was different with a white party, beach party which had the steel band then a live singer, retro party, karaoke. On the chilled nights they was a movie on the beach.
The 2 restaurants we tried were beautiful one thing I will say is they need background music, we only managed to try the steakhouse which you need to be there early and Krystal due to eating at the buffet most nights which I need to mention Jason and Sanjay made our night each night!!!
We had the most amazing time and the palace is definately worth everyone of its 5 stars!! What I will say is we didn't spend much time at the sister hotel apart from watching Michael Jackson show and going to the jerk chicken hut apart from that they're is no need to go there at all!!
We will definately be returning to the riu palace!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay at a Riu chain, the 1st being the Riu Palace Bavaro in Punta Cana. I must say this trip to Jamaica and my stay at the Riu was the best vacation I ever had. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable. If you are looking for adults only this is the place. Separated by a bridge from the Riu Montego Bay (the family resort), you can still wander to that side for the nightly talent shows, and events,and the jerk chicken hut, but the folks from the family side cant can't come over to the
adult side. The food is great, offering a wide variety weather its at the buffet or one of the specialty restaurants. Im not sure when I will be going back to Jamaica, but I won't think of staying anywhere but the Riu Palace Montego Bay.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went to Jamaica for 5 days at the beginning of June. Very quaint chic hotel. Tub is literally in the room beside the bed. So not really any privacy. Otherwise, the food was the best I have had at any all inclusive resort. The staff was delightful and addressed us personally by name. Definitely would visit another RIU property! Had a great time!

Room Tip: Hotel is shaped in a "U", there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple