2,919 results
All reviews aqua bar fun fun jo jo chill out bar vogue bar specialty restaurants hour bar fusion restaurant jerk chicken breakfast and lunch entertainment staff lobby bar sister resort white party close to the airport jacuzzi bath planes flying
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

The weather was great the food was amazing you can eat at the Rui next store drink and use there beach and pools also while staying at the palace. Less of crowd at the palace around dinner time and the pool areas. Everyone is working hard to keep you entertained especially Jo Jo and Kash on the ET crew they rocked it all week. We might go back here someday because it's a really nice resort close to the airport and all sorts of excursions with breathtaking sunsets and amazing staff. Thanks for a time my lady and I will never forget. One love

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Joe420chips
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I stayed in mid August for a week. Solo traveler needing to decompress after a busy year.
The property is very nice. It's squeezed in beside the larger, family-friendly RIU.
The resort is small, so the beach isn't big, but it's big enough that there's room for everyone. The grounds are kept spotless and the rooms are pretty clean.

The buffet is big and varied. Never ate at the restaurants because the menus were a little too fancy for my tastes. They only give you the good booze if you push and they have no good tequila, just some no-name stuff. Disappointed there. Bartenders were purely tip-driven, which is not up to par for a 5-star resort.

The rooms are really nice. Liquor dispenser with 4 bottles (unlike many RIU resorts, this one uses mostly cheap booze in the rooms). Jacuzzi was nice. Tons of good TV channels with lots of movies. Even had a couple of good stations from Toronto, where I'm from.
Minibar is well stocked. Bed is comfortable and huge.
Staff is mostly excellent. Front desk was very accommodating. Most greeted you, some were a little more reserved.
Dive shop at the other RIU was a joke. Seemed more interested in selling me weed than diving. So I took a $60 cab ride to the Iberostar, where there's a Dressel Divers outfit that is excellent.
The resorts are divided by an aquaduct that runs between them. There's a bridge at the end that joins the resorts and even though it's all closed off with fencing, there are scuzzy locals trying to sell you weed when you go near the bridge.
Everyone who wasn't resort staff tried to sell me weed. At the airport, on the bus, on the beach, everywhere.

The resort is nice, but it's boring. If you're looking to calmly relax or have a quiet romantic week, this place is for you. If you're looking for fun, activities, other singles to chat with, or any kind of nightlife - go elsewhere. This place is dead by 11pm.

A few real standouts among the staff were Audley the Waiter and Hugh the Bellman.
Audley knew I was solo and made a point of making me feel welcome every night and also brought me my 2 glasses of milk at dinner with ice in the second glass to keep it cold until I got to it. Strange, I know, but it was appreciated.
Hugh was always cheerful and willing to chat. Extremely good service from these two.

One thing that really annoyed me was a few of the staff's attitude toward electronic cigarettes. Most didn't care because they realized nobody was bothered, but a few tried to tell me I had to sit in the smoking section to use it. As a former smoker, I don't want to be around second-hand smoke anymore than anyone else. I know it's Jamaica, but when you're dealing with an international clientele, the staff needs to be educated on trends their guests may partake in and have some kind of coherent policy.

Would I go back? Probably not. But only because leaving the resort was annoying due to the insanely aggressive nature of Jamaicans trying to sell you dope, junk, and cab rides. It was awful. Makes me appreciate Mexico even more.

Nice resort, just not right for me.

Room tip: Never go ground floor in Jamaica. The number of break ins in this country is crazy
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank JaySchwag
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Just got back from Riu Palace and its the most amazing place you could visit and/or want to stay forever.
Went with a group wanting a relaxing vacation at an adults only resort. Riu Palace is perfect for this. The hotel is always clean, the resort is small, and the staff is amazing as well as the food.
The hotel is only a couple of miles from Montego Bay airport so the transfer time was great. Check in was quick and easy, and they will take your bags up to the room for you. The rooms are cleaned daily, towel service provided twice a day and the mini bar stocked up daily also. The rooms are great and spacious. Let's also not forget about the bottle dispensers of alcohol in the rooms. We posted up by the pool with the swim up bar everyday, it is were the action is, so if you want to get involved with all the activities, it's the place to be. Andrei is the best bartender. He makes great drinks and has amazing customer service. The pool bar area would not be the same without him. Demar and Fabian added to that as well. There were always cabanas or lounge chairs available. The beach is small, but is always clean. There's a great, friendly atmosphere and the entertainment staff try to keep things fun, and although they frequently come and talk to you they aren't forceful to make you join in with activities. Huge shout out to Jo-Jo, Travis, Chrissy and Kyash. They do a brilliant job. The entertainment they provide on the beach and at the Aqua bar is fantastic. It's always a pleasure to have a conversation with them. The chillout Aqua bar was great too (mainly because of the entertainment staff) Shout out to Clifford for taking care us at night with drinks and entertainment. The food in the hotel is excellent. Be prepared to be full your entire stay! We loved it. Breakfast and lunch probably being our favorite. There's a excellent choice for everyone and it tastes great. Thanks to Buddabang (not sure of his real name) for never letting the mimosa's run out during breakfast and Philmore (aka Dr.Phil) for always rehydrating us for lunch. They always had our table ready as we were a large group and went to eat around the same time. They always made great conversation and excellent customer service. Thanks to Natalie who took care of us for dinner at the buffet too! You could eat at the buffet every night, the menu changes everyday so it's doesn't feel like your eating the same thing every night. All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel for people wishing to travel to Jamaica. We would definitely return again, the staff is what makes this place so fantastic! You will never walk past a staff member that doesn't greet you or is unhappy. Friendliest people you will ever meet! Once again thank you to Jo-Jo, Travis, Chrissy, Kyash, Andrei, Demar, Delmar, Fabian, Clifford and any other names I forgot for making our trip the best vacation ever!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Toocoolforanickname
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

Paradise lovely staff especially Jade, she made our vacation felt like dream land she's amazing, I love the entertainment staff it's incredible. And the bartender omaine is great he always pleases us with the best cocktails. I'm definitely will be coming back to the Riu Palace in Montego Bay. :) xx

Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank Dorota K
Reviewed 3 September 2015

This was the best vacation I've ever had! I'm not sure if it was because of the time of year, the guests, the island or a combination of all, but this hotel, the staff, the food, the location and the island proved to be amazing! I would highly recommend visiting this hotel group, especially at Montego Bay! The staff was very friendly, entertaining, professional and accommodating! The food was out of this world, so freakin good! The jerk chicken freshly grilled on a BBQ grill everyday for lunch, amazing!

Room tip: Go ocean view, top floor exterior. You'll either get the best sunrise or sunset!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo