“Oasis at Sunset Beach”

Sunscape Cove Montego Bay
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed from May 18th to 24th. The staff were very friendly, the grounds were beautiful, the food at all of the restaurants was above average to really good. I would absolutely recommend to others and would return if I'm in Jamaica again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bill T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at he Oasis May 10-14 and enjoyed every minute of the day. Despite the weather, the hotel had plenty to do. Entertain was great, however, the food is a little hit or miss, although you will never go hungry. The staff, well I can't say enough, they are terrific especially, Kerry, Omar and Shada. The rooms are great, clean and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The pool and beach were fantastic. I would revisit this hotel without a doubt. The AC worked well and the water pressure was great - always hot water.

Room Tip: I recommend the Cabana Suites, they are on the beach and also close to the pool. The rooms are fant...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra T
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I just returned from my 9th stay in Mo'Bay, JA!! The resort is always amazing. The "Oasis" was new this year. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfy. All you'll need is right here. The staff is GREAT. Rosie, Shameka, & Arniece, you're awesome.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Food was great plenty of selections for different styles of taste staff friendly and knowledgeable
so much to see and do on the resort also front desk took care of you when you wanted to go on excursions outside the resort. I went for honeymoon but club mongoose for kids waterpark ping pong water sports daily and pm shows

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank STM0902
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I usually would never book a hotel unless i check the reviews on tripadvisor. I must say this is the first time i was disappointed and probably a little mislead by the reviews. I came for a wedding and my family stayed at the resort the wedding was being held at (which was beautiful). We wanted to save a little money so we chose this resort. Well u get what you pay for. While this resort is quiet and serene and I understand the vibe their going for; it was somewhat of an let down compared to the reviews.

Pros: quiet, serene, great food, chefs were extremely kind and answered my questions about their cooking methods.

Cons: I kept looking for the great customer service everyone raved for and honestly it was not there. I am used to 5 star treatment and I know what it looks like, never even received a level of 3 star treatment. The common areas have been updated but the rooms need major overhauls. Our room smelt musty and moldy the entire time, there was a leak in the ceiling which leaked onto my cloths. The first room we were put in was noisy (by the pool) and every surface of the room was wet from the moisture. We asked them to move us to another room and this room was not much better.

I did speak to the manager about my concerns and if they wanted to be billed as a 4 star resort they have some more work to do. I would not return to this resort unless they completed a major overhaul of the room and grounds. I am a traveler who observes everything and the grounds were neat but could use some updated landscaping.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tinalmnj
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff at this resort make this the best resort we have been to.We had the ocean view which was wonderful. The food was great and was by menu so we only ate at the sunset resort buffet next door twice.you get the best of both worlds, the small resort of oasis sunset which was quiet and great personal service and the larger attractions of the adjoining sunset beach resort and water theme park.Also you can go to there resort but they cant use the oasis resort which was very nice for a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We arrived at the oasis expecting the typical all inclusive offers , you know the ones were after a couple of days you can predict exactly what the day would bring ; but to our surprise every day was something new , fun and exciting. Our vacation did not start smooth to say the lease; we were surprise when we arrived to learn that our reservation could not be found. This was the first time to Jamaica for my friends and we were not happy. Within minutes Rowland from guest services took our anxiety for ten to zero, with his calmness and warm smile. He was courteous and worked diligently to resolve the mishap, not only did he resolve the issue he also upgrade our room. During our wait in the lobby, we were given cold wash cloth to cool us and cocktails made specially by Fabian who named the cocktail “lady killer” which my friend had all the bartender trying to replicate not knowing that he made the drink specially for us; That was the start of our amazing vacation.
We spent six days at the oasis and every day felt like our first the service does not compare. The rooms are clean and well kept, the grounds, beautiful. Every staff member was friendly and makes you feel as if you are the most important person at the resort. The beaches are beautiful there are sufficient beach chairs for all the guest it’s never crowded and you can have your our private area if needed.
“Food” The only word to describe is simple “Amazing” we mostly ate at the Terrace the view of the garden and beach while eating is extraordinary. There is the buffet on the other side of the resort and four addition restaurants to choose from. It’s not often that the chef of any restaurant or resort comes out to meet the guest. Thanks Chef Conrad for stopping by and talking with us every chance you got. The resort is elegant and not stuffy you find yourself chatting with the other guest and comparing your experiences. The staff at guest services is always available and courteous thanks ladies for tolerating us needing to get change every day.
We would like extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation to the team that serves us during our stay. Calvin, Andrew, Ava, and Manley; Thanks for the coconuts Jonesie (gardener) Carol thanks for your humility, genuineness and warm smile you are the best. And Paul for your fun loving spirit, and ability to have us laughing and entertained, for your quick and efficient services and the mangoes, for going above and beyond to get us what we needed thank you . To Lorna (operations manager) thanks for talking with us and making us feel special you have an awesome team.
If you are looking for the perfect escape to a place of friendly smile, great food and beach; to be pampered and tend to with no hassling and disturbance; whether it’s with friends, family or for couples to unwind. The Oasis at Sunset will take you there. We will definitely be back for our next vacation.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms gives a view of the beach from the verandah. I like my room on the west with the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends