“Once again...an awesome trip!”

Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My friend an I stayed at RDMB for 10 days in July, and once again they delivered! We have stayed at other resorts (Breezes, RIU, Secrets), but honestly you can't do much better than RDMB. The intimacy of the hotel affords you the opportunity to make friends with just about everyone there. The location is great, also. You can be at Margaritaville, Blue Beat jazz bar, Pork Pit, and shops on the Hip Strip withn a 10-15 minute walk.

The people who work there are the ones who make your stay there so memrorable...starting from the top...Mr. Bent (the GM) is friendly and approachable, and stopped and talked to us many times. Lee Sinclair took care of some pre-arrival requests we had and went out of his way to make sure we were accommodated, then made sure throughout our stay that everything was ok!

Noble (dining room manager) took time out of his busy schedule to ask us if the food was up to par, and was never to busy to say hello. Kimmarly and Kirk (twin chefs in the dining room) made omelettes and eggs to order and always had a smile on their face.

The bartenders there are fantastic! They helped make our stay so much fun...especially Hoshane, Christopher, and Anthony. They made our time at the bars an experience!

For the money, you can't beat RDMB's location and service. We have already booked again for November, and July 2012.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building (all are oceanfront).
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank CassieBVA

Reviewed 20 July 2011

Been back a while now but will never forget our holiday.
This was our second visit to RDH and we will be going again, the hotel had not changed some change in staff ,but those that were there on the whole remembered us, well most of them, they are so friendley and i must say hello to Janet ,in the dining room, the nurse who took great care of my husbands gippy tummy, and our room maid , the staff work so very hard in making your holiday great.
The food is basic but filling a good choice ,how many choices do you have at home , and it is well cooked.
My only gripe about Jamaica is tipping.
Would I return to the R D H yes we are thinking of booking again next year .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mary4302
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and two of our friends stayed at the Royal Decameron in February 2011. I have read some of the reviews, and can only shake my head at the ones who have found nothing but negative comments to report. We have vacationed in several countries, provinces, states, and cities, staying in all inclusive resorts, going on skiing vacations, taking cruises, and I can honestly say, without a doubt, our most memorable and enjoyable vacation was the one we had at the Royal Decameron. The staff is unbeatable, the place is clean, the food is very good, and the proximity to the sea is wonderful. We were very impressed and we did not waste any time in booking our next vacation to this resort for 2012.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mommy031
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our stay started out wonderfully. The second last day, my husband fell leaving the pool area and seriously injured his right knee. He required medical treatment at the local hospital, a cast and special seating on the plane coming home. The steps did not have a center railing which would have prevented the fall.
He was well treated by the nurse, BUT........ the management and front desk people at the resort showed NO compassion, NO remorse and tried to avoid him at ALL costs. They were rude and unprofessional. They didn't even have the decency to pay for the Taxi ride to and from the hospital.
Also, earlier that morning, we were taking out a paddle boat and when he leaned back, the seat broke! Luckily we were close to shore and were able to return safely.
NOTE - both of these incidents were NOT the result of alcohol!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

To all the bad reviews let me tell you about my vacation at the Royal Decameron...I arrived with my family on the first full day it was heaven we met so many nice people from all over and the staff was out of this world...to this day they are my friends.
7 days in to our 2 week vacation I broke my foot I was very well looked after by the medical staff (Yes I had to have cast) and for the staff.... there are no words to say how well I was looked after and cared for, not one moment did I feel frustrated or even thought my holiday was ruined.
The food...my son and nephew very big eaters....they both ate to their hearts content...every day there was something different and I was very impressed...you get a chance to try their own dishes and experience something different!!
We took many tours and Zipp was our driver for all the tours...he is amazing he is the kindest man I have ever met...Look him up he is always at the resort or as the front desk.
The entertainment staff will keep you going all day long ...my only words for them AWESOME...you guys are the BEST!!!
Rooms were cleaned daily for no problems the ladies do their job very well and I have nothing but respect for them!!
Drinks...Come on now...how do you think I broke my foot...lol seriously if you think these drinks are water down your nuts!!! hahaha
I have been to alot of places and the Decameron I can say is HOME for me and my family!!
Next trip there October 2011
Love to the Decameron

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank havingfun67
Reviewed 18 July 2011

we satyed her for 2 weeks and aboustely amazing the staff were lovely beach was great and then rooms were big great view and lots to do the food was amazing with a big varitey there was a gym water trampilone and amazing for people who like snorekilng with loads of fish to look at the pool was amazing with a pool bar there are 4 bars and 3 diffrent places to eat with a posh reasturant on site for free which serevs lamb chicken and much more there pool bar was amazing and the poolx2 and the jaguses there were massge places cannoing and also going on a little boat in the sea and peddle boats all free amazing clean and freidly the perfect hotel :-) cant wait to go back :D

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank familyholiday20
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We are a married couple and we look forward to our once a year vacation alone. We are very active, and easy going. There are a lot of mixed reviews for this resort and this is our story. Hotel is very close to the airport which is nice. Our reservation was for a garden view. Don't choose it. It is a 1 star room. We asked to be upgraded to an ocean view room. The people at the front desk are not pleasant or accommidating. With a not very pleasant attitude we were told "we are full, check tomorrow". No problem (I was paying for the upgrade), the entire week we were there the hotel was at most 50% occupied. I decided I wasn't giving them a dollar more and we stayed in our below par garden view room. Cleaning service in rooms is very slow, but the rooms are clean. Got annoyed another day when the maid accused us of stealing a wash cloth. I went to the desk and asked " are you kidding me?"
If you want a peacful night of sleep don't expect it until after 1:00 am. Restaurant/buffet was always pretty good with a decent variety (maybe a little to much chicken). Deserts were excellent and always a lot of fresh fruit. Bar/Alcohol ? What alcohol ? I think even the so called Red Stripe served at the resort was alcohol free. Beach area was nice. My wife prefered the beach I liked the area where the floating trampolines were located. We went in the pool once. Always seemed to be a nasty film of oil on the surface. Nice area to swim and snorkle. We used the gym every day. It was just ok, not great.

We also like to leave the resort when we go away and explore the town. Leaving this resort is more of a chore. As soon as you walk out the gate the locals are all over you and I don't care how many times you say no thank you "respect" and blah blah blah, these people don't respect you or leave you alone. Say no thanks to one, walk 10 yards and there is another and another. Its exhausting ! If you are there to buy some smoke, beware. I truly believe there are some who are just trying to set you up for arrest. We did go to margaritaville and jamaican bobsled bar a couple of times which were ok. We also did 2 tours set up at the hotel which were good. 1 trip to Negril was a lot of fun (Ricks Cafe was really fun). We also did Duns River Falls and that was also good. Overall we had a good time because we always make the best of our situation. We will never go back to this resort or Montego Bay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple