Stayed here in May 2011, we were given a lovely ground floor room at the far end of the resort, this was ok, as enjoyed the walk back to the room at night. Room very nice compared to RDCC in Runaway Bay, only one restaurant at night which was disappointing.
Swimming pool area was very good and the snack bar area was always full, ate here most lunch times.
The beach was quite shingly, but did not spoil my swim as I wore beach shoes.
One gripe is that in the morning only the beach bar was open and this was always busy, so difficulty in getting served, the entertainment team here were not on a par with RDCC Runaway Bay even thou the shows were the same.
One extremely positive remark was the location, I walked Montego strip and felt safe, the tourist police approached us and asked where we wanted to go etc, yes we were asked did we want ganga etc but wherever you holiday locals try to sell their wares.
I would visit here again, but would hope that the entertainment and food were on a par with RDCC Runaway Bay, if I could move staff, food quality and a bar that opens as well from Runaway bay to Montego bay, I would return tomorrow.
Overall fantastic location, lovely hotel and only approx 5 mins from airport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive