Hotel located 5 minutes from the airport.
Check in was fine. This is a small resort with 144 rooms.
The grounds on the resort are very well kept.
Rooms are large and clean. They have a balcony with great view of the ocean. We found the bed comfortable. Air conditioned worked well. The shower is in need to being changed. The water pressure was not very strong (it was not regular), the water was sometimes warm, sometimes cold (when you had shampoo on your hair)
The beach is small. No long walk on the the beach. One side is great for snorkeling with hundreds of fish. The other side is better for swimming with more sand. Chairs always available, some with little tents. The beach is also clean. The sand is raked every day.
The restaurants are ok. We always found something to eat.
The personnel was hit or miss. Some were friendly, some were doing their job.
Drinks are strong and they have a menu with all kinds of suggestions. Since they do not measure, they do not always taste the same, but that did not bother me.
Animation was ok. We went to a few shows and liked the 2 shows with the dancers. They were good.
It was nice to walk to the main strip where there are little shops.
The sun was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive