Stayed at Royal Decameron on March 9-16th, 2014.
check in: When we arrived check out was speedy and very helpful. We quickly got settled into our rooms - which are spacious, clean and painted pretty colors :) i stayed in room 102 where i had a small balcony area with 2 chairs and a table along with racks to dry your towels. from this room you have about 20 steps to the beach or the dinning area/ main lobby. The rooms are slightly out dated but to me gave it charm.
Daily Activities: During the day you have your choice to set by the beach - or do water sports or hang by the pool where they have drinking games being played - which are really fun! like "zuma zuma "a hand game played using mixed liquors that you take shots for when you loose. TONS OF FUN!!! There is also a trampoline out in the water used to jump on or just lay out. There are also 2 floating things (not really sure what to call them) but its like a board with two lay out chairs attached and a small table for drinks that you can take your drinks out and lay on. You can also do water aerobics and other fun games. Ill post a picture so you can see the list of activities. We took the glass bottom boat tour. only 20.00 a person which i highly recommend! you can see and feed all the beautiful fish and if you choose you can scuba dive. boat ride last about an hour. there are other boat amenities but this one was adventurous/ fun and very inexpensive. They also have a shows nightly ... singers- or dancers- or games and more dancing with the fun crew along with a night club which is never packed located next to the stage area so its fun with not much ppl and you can really let loose. One night it was just my group and another group in the "disco" as they call it - we were all having fun dancing around. my dad went to the bar and asked for 5 shots of rum at that point the bar tender (his name is chris by the way) seen we were ready to let loose and pour rum on the bar and let it on fire while he made our shots ! it was pretty awesome!
Food: the food was absolutely wonderful! They have varieties everyday for breakfast lunch & dinner, even had some these some nights. For example Monday & Fridays I believe are Jamaican night and one night they had an Asian theme. Whatever you like i am sure they have. They also have a more sit down restaurant where you are served (must make reservations) the food was Jamaican infused and was to die for! try the rasta pasta & of course jerk everything!
Drinks: The drinks were great! a bit strong but they have a list of different drinks they can make for you or you can order the typical rum & coke or beer. if the drinks were too strong for you like the first night they were for us - just ask the bartenders to whip you up something less strong or whatever your desire maybe less fruity etc. and they will get it done for you.
Fun Crew: This group of people are there for entertainment. They were unbelievable! During the day they will be walking around checking on you - assiting with daily activies or just hanging around talking with you. At night they participated in shows where they danced and got the crowd involved. They were all awesome!. Esp Kim- Kim! She became like a great friend to me while i was there. I was the only single person on my trip & she hung out with me while the others were napping or off doing couple things. She has the sweetest heart and a great personality. She is also a great dancer & will make sure you are ok the entire time. Britney is also part of the crew- she is also a great dancer and a sweet girl! ready to make sure you are always having a good time. Then you have TeeTee she is full of non stop energy! Always running around making you laugh! her and my dad had a special bond when it came to the sports dept. lol. You also have Sprinkles he is like if you will the main hype man for the group! he is hilarious and an absolute ball of fun! the rest of the crew was great as well AJ from JA, Dr. Dre & Papi.
Bartenders: The most important part! The Women bartenders are good but not as friendly as male bartenders!During the day a great drink to have is a dirty banana its is sooo good! we had about 10 each one day! Mark is by far the best bartender there! He is sweet and attentive. Put it this way everyone loves Mark. Both Chris's are great (as i told you previous Chris lit the entire bar on fire) IRIE!!!!! Then you have Pearly works during the day most of the time at the pool! There is also Lanford & Rupert! They were ALL great!
Management: I only spoke with one manager his name was James. He is very sweet and kind and will get you whatever you need.
Overall this was a great trip!!! I cant wait to get back! I will def. be staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive