I st ayed here in Dec 09 for 3 nights for my 30th birthday. The resort is lovely. Check in was prompt. Our room wasn't in the main block but a short walk along the resort near one of the piers. It was ground floor and had french doors which opened up to a great view of the sea in the morning. Room was pretty basic and no flat screen TV yet. I think the toiletries in the bathroom could be upgraded to branded products ie Bath and Body Works which I had in a hotel in Kingston and was lovely. The bed was Kingsize and comfy and bottled water was provided in the room. No fridge though.
The food was great and changed everyday (buffet) and included Jamaican traditional foods which I think is important. All the staff were friendly and the entertainment staff go out of their way to include you and chat to you. They do different entertainment through the day and in the evening ther was a singer on and then some entertainment after that. There is also a small disco for after that.
There are plenty of places to catch some rays and the swim up pool bar is nice and secluded in the corner of the resort.
Didnt venture off the resort apart from a quick dash into Montego Bay to find a pharmacy for an inhaler for my other half. We did travel through the country though from Kingston to Montego Bay by car and the scenery is outstanding. I would totally recommend seeing off the resort- maybe not montego bay town which i didnt like but the villages in the country and beautiful and you will see the real jamaica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive