If you're reading these reviews and wondering if you should try out Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel, think no longer and start booking. Every member of staff went out of their way to assist us. I read in a couple of earlier reviews that the reception staff had been a little unhelpful, but when we stayed at RDMB we were treated with the utmost respect. Thank you Lee, Melody and Sharnakay on front desk for all your help. The hotel is very clean and you will always see someone cleaning, painting or tidying. Every morning after a banquet of a breakfast we headed over to the pool bar to join in with the fun and games provided by the Entertainment Team - Sunshine, Happy, QQ, Twilight, Zulu, Chris, Styler and Sean we love you guys to the max and will definately be back next year! The bar staff were so attentive, and once they got to know what you drink, you simply had to sit down at the bar and they were refilling :) Oh man - happy days! Special thank you to Fluffy, Conroy, Christopher and Dwight:) I now have all the ingredients for the famous hummingbird and it tastes GOOOOD! lol. Alternatively, if you are looking for peace and quiet, you will not be disturbed. There are plenty of places to lay and relax in the warmth of the sun. There are three small private beaches, and enough sun loungers and canopies for everyone.
Although there are three places to eat; the Zouk restaurant (you need to reserve a table), the main dining room and the Beach Grill Bar, we mainly ate at the main restaurant. There was so much variety, you simply could not complain. I am very limited to the things I can eat as I have food intolerances, but I could always find lots of lovely things to eat here. Again the staff were excellent, in particular, Lamar, you little sweetheart, always singing and smiling:) Thank you Lamar and also Demetri -new trainee. Keep up the good work.
If you're heading out on the hip strip and you don't want to buy from the local sellers, then keep to the right hand side of the road, and if approached a polite but firm no thank you is all thats required. In a country where there is no benefit system one has to respect that the Jamaican people need to earn an honest living, so wherever possible I bought a couple of items, but don't be afraid to bargain! It's actually good fun :)
Ok on to tours/taxis etc., Right across the street you will find Fabion, he is an absolute diamond and will not rip you off. Fabion is affiliated with the hotel and you can call front desk and ask them to get Fabion for you. Fabion will then drive into the resort to collect you. Tell him Lady Lex recommended you and he will look after you for sure!!
If anyone would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on trip advisor. I will provide an honest answer or opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive