“Wen lovedddd it and will definitely be back.....”

Hotel Gloriana & Spa
Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Went on vac wit my family and love the place, at first i was skeptic bc of some of the reviews on here but it's far from wat i was expecting the place is lovely great security and the staff is very friendly...I met the owner and she was very friendly also i wish who ever is putting bad review on her page would stop......NOT NICE....I am definitely goin back wenever i go bck to Jamaica i find my budget friendly place...Ms. Gloria thank u for a wonderful time, looking forward to going bck....And i will be recommending this place to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Bridgy1234
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

We have just gone through a series of refurbishing and have some new and upgrade rooms you can check it out on our website hotelgloriana.net or on our facebook page Hotel Gloriana.Thank you for making Hotel Gloriana your home away from home. We will be having a huge special on our room rates for this Christmas which starts now with walk-in rates at US $46.00 and reserved room at $57.00 and $70.00 per night so we are looking forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 3 April 2011

This not a bad place to stay it's economical, in good location near the beach/main strip.
The rooms are basic no frills ,bathroom T.V, dresser queen size beds.central air conditioning.Staff was friendly theres a restaurant on premises by the poolside.Rates are upfront so best to pay cash as they'll charge U.S. on credit cards which means more fees.The restaurant has mainly local cooking with the seating outside next to bar at poolside.There is room service upon request yet you'll have to talk to them in person for it.Meals are moderately priced pay as you go along as they don't run tabs at the Hotel which could be credit or cash.... do it with cash.You don't have to worry about ice as there are icemakers about every corner of this hotel.The pool was good for a dip with a spa next to it.There is reggae music played from 8AM to 10PM so keep that in mind otherwise not a bad place to stay at all.Yeah Mon...No Prablam mon! :>)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank kraor

Reviewed 19 March 2011

Best Place You Could Ever Be . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NOTTTTT , This Place Was Terrible I Dnt Even Kno Where To Beginn. When I First Saw It My Face Dropped I Was Looking Forward To A Nice 5 Star Not A Half Star Motel. As I Walked In The Room It Was Dirty , How Could You Have A Sink In The Bedroom? My Neice Layed Bed & She Began To Slide Off Because The Bed Leaned To The Side. All Three Foots Where Broken. I Called Front Desk Immdeitaly I Wasnt Satified But They Said The Other Room Would Be Available The Next day.irst Sleeping In That Room Was Frightful , I Looked At The Ceiling And Saw A Friendly Creature ( Lizard) Crawling. I Ask To Borrow The Iron & I Had To Wait Because Only One Iron For The Facility HOW PITTYFUL. After Leavung That Room To A Big Suite Was Even Wrst. We Neer Knew Wen It Was Daylight It Felt Like Beging In A Dungon. My Daughter Went To Look Under Her Bead For Her Shoes And Found A Belt & Sum Pantys That DId Not Belong To Us , My Bed Had Ciggarate Burns In The Sheet & Pillows Felt Lik Stuff Cootons. All Night And Day They Played The Same Songg OVER And OVER AGINNN. All You Smellt Was Weed! I Was Happy To Leave I Will Nver Recommend This To Anyone At All. Gloriana Needs A To Think About Her Guest& Upgrade This Ragdy Hotel. Also Food Prices Were Pathtic I Got Charged 8 Dollras For Two Little Plates Of Fries

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank msmac15
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

thank you for making hotel Gloriana you home away from home. sorry for your bad experince. and thanks for your comment. when you come again you will have a choice to choose your room. we you come again we will give you a discount for $55 per night. as we have upgraded since your last visit

Reviewed 27 February 2011

the a/c isn't fully functional... the bed isn't comfortable... it resembles a well kept brothel as the mattresses are worn out

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stew_wee

Reviewed 8 February 2011

Left our things locked in the room due to missing a flight we decided to go back to Negril for the night and already paid for the room. when we came back my 300 dollar I pod was stolen and two shark tooth necklaces for my two girls back in the states that's all they wanted from Jamaica and my wife 80 dollar perfume. The reason we knew it was from the hotel is because one of our bags where laid on its wrong side which we would never due. I also had my cell phone stolen it was very stupid for us to leave our things due not ever leave any electronics alone always keep them on your person phones I pod mp3 perfume is gold to them the locks are skeleton locks which are easy to pick or I'm sure they had a copy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hopper22
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at this place for 13 nights - we paid up front and they offer NO refunds. We paid for a "suite" and got an a/c unit that didn't work, but dripped non-stop onto the second bed in the room,which only served to add a mould odour to the room. The bathroom had no lock on the door, and we had to buy roach spray and spray every night. We had a substantial amount of money stolen from our room, to which the owner told me, Our staff don't do things like that, so you should question the "man" in your room. When I reminded her it was my husband for the 3rd time, she yelled that it was my problem my money was stolen and so why was | bothering her? Our next issue was a sewage gas leak into the room, and when we complained about the fact we couldn't go in our room, as the gas is deadly, we were refered to the owner yet again. This time she told me that the problem was due to a city issue and she couldn't do anything about it. I demanded she attend in our room,and told her that if she did nothing the papers would be called in to report on her response to a potentially deadly matter. With guests checking in, and with me not backing down, she transferred us to a single room,she usually rents for 45.00 a night and said we would have to be satisfied. The sewage gas problem was fixed the next day and we returned to our own room. The furniture is old, the pool is old and crumbling, and the "spa" is non-existent. In our country she would be successfully sued for fraudulent advertising and misrepresenting a service. This woman's behaviour was downright criminal and the awards from many years ago she has plastered in the lobby should be revoked. She has no business sense and no idea how to treat visitors to her hotel. She advertises her book and movie, and the fact she went from a donkey to a "bimmer" - she should go back to the bush and deal with donkeys - that is what she is really cut out to do. I wouldn't even want my worse enemy to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LOLLY096
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I stayed at Hotel Gloriana Dec. 30- Jan. 9, 2011. The hotel is next to the airport and when first arrivied I was afraid to walk in the door. Well honestly I guess I was expecting too much when booking this place and it was out dated and dark around the lobby and reception area. The female on the front desk was friendly and let me choose my room. The first two rooms I was shown were on the bottom floor of the hotel and they were dark and outdated with carpet and bed sheets that they must have been bought when the hotel first opened in 1994. The third room I was shown was on the second floor over looking the pool which didn`t have carpet thankfully and was very small but better then the first two. The air conditioning works really good in the rooms and most of the time we had to turn it off because it got too cold. If your a person who likes to take hot baths good luck sometimes the hot water wouldn`t work and just dripped and I would have to run it for atleast an hour to half fill the tub but the cold ran fine. The people who worked at the hotel were friendly especially Steve who helps brings your things to your room. The hotel has security 24 hours and I felt safe staying there in the day and at night. This hotel is walking distance from local shops and clubs and I felt safe walking by myself in the Montego Bay area especially since local police walk the streets in tourist areas. The hotel has a restaurant with local food price ranging from $7 US to $30 but if you go across the street to either the veggie place or the place in front of the police station you can get local food (Curry, pork, liver, chicken, etc.) for approx. $2.50- $3.50 US. The bar at the hotel was only opened until 10 pm every night with drinks $3.00- and up (strawberry daiquirie $7 US) but if you walk a short distance down the street liquor is cheap $10 US a 750ml bottle of rum. The phone in the rooms only could call room to room, front desk and room service if you wanted to call home you had to use the phone in the dark so called lobby with a calling card.The whole ten days of my stay there was no entertainment and when asking about entertainment I was told they never had it in a long time so after 10 pm there is nothing to do. My overall experience of Gloriana was they need to renovate and upgrade this place but the staff was friendly and helpful. Try not to compare this hotel to a resort or a 5 star hotel and you will be fine. If your just looking for a cheap place to stay to party at local clubs and sleep this place is fine. But if your expecting to have a beautiful place on the beach with lots of entertainment and you plan to just stay on the resort all the time you will be unhappy because nothing goes on here just great weather and a pool which isn`t great either. I honestly would stay at this place again because it was cheaper than most places ($55 a night) and I usually would go out to see more of the island and didn`t stay at the hotel all day long. I would recommend this place only if your on a budget and just want to go to Jamaica and you don`t care about a 5 star experience and just remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple