Hotel Gloriana & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$609
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$318
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$322
  • Pool
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$194
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$253
US$97
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stay here on Aug 5/13 on the new wing the room was clean. as alway the proprty look great
we have dinner the fish and the curry goat was good. but some thing went wrong with the rice my husband and my friend did want to eat a other night dinner here
breakfast was good .you can see that they are working on some thing
The hotel need new towels or bring your owen
they alway do nail at pool side went to get my nail done they know longer do nail I Stay at this because you can walk to the bleach and it is safe
I met the owner Gloria great lady

Room Tip: The new wing rooms are better than the pool side never take a room by the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank emereilda
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

We have just gone through a series of refurbishing and have some new and upgrade rooms you can check it out on our website hotelgloriana.net or on our facebook page Hotel Gloriana.Thank you for making Hotel Gloriana your home away from home. We will be having a huge special on our room rates for this Christmas which starts now with walk-in rates at US $46.00 and reserved room at $57.00 and $70.00 per night so we are looking forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

You might not find this hotel on popular websites like Expedia and Hotels.com. Its very close to the airport and if you are looking to stay for one night this is a good value. Basic room with basic amenities. Ask to see the room before you commit to it, because some of the locations and conditions of the rooms aren't ideal. The staff is accomodating.
Basically, you get what you pay for. The pool area can be very loud because they play music from 9 am until 9 pm. VERY LOUDLY!!
It is relatively safe given the location and there is ample front and rear parking.
Overall, good for one night if you are intransit to another hotel, but not a good place if this is your first time to Jamaica and are looking for a good vacation spot.

Room Tip: away from the pool and make sure you ask to see it before you check in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MJLCon

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I mean, it isn't some fancy all inclusive resort. .... but then again you're not paying fancy resort prives. It's located less than a mile from the airport. .... it has a pool, restaurant, free wifi (which most fancy resorts don't have) and most importantly it's close to the airport. I even met the owner Gloria who invited me to a private party at her home

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been staying here for a few years now and have been blessed to have met the owner, read her book and watched her movie. I loved it all and so enjoy the property itself as it has a charm about it, clean and comfortable for a great price. I can walk to town in minutes and be on the hip strip to enjoy shopping great food and the beach. I usually stay here when I first reach Jamaica for a day or two then when I leave as it is close to the airport so it is nice to just relax and not have to get up really early and travel to Montego Bay. I think if you are looking for a good room and pool for a great price you should stay here for a couple of days I think you might just enjoy it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bobbie115

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here only one night, and that was because I missed my flight and I wanted to stay somewhere cheap. I think this is the cheapest hotel in Montego Bay, starting at $45. I got the $52 room. It was a nice size.

The hotel would be considered a cheap hotel in the States, but there is something about the character of the place that makes it kind of cool. The other guests were friendly. There is a restaurant that serves good, authentic food. They will bring it up to your room (but have cash because you can't charge it to the room).

The room smelt kind of funny, but it wasn't so bad after we closed the bathroom door. Reading this statement would probably turn me off, but it is not as bad as it sounds. You get what you pay for. They didn't provide us with soap in the bathroom. Don't know if that was a policy, or an oversight. We did not ask for any because we had our own.

The pool/restaurant/bar area was cool. The flowers were pretty and it was a good place to relax.

Not saying I would stay here on my next visit for an extended period of time, but if you want a no-frills hotel that is decent, this is it.

Room Tip: There is a room that has a king size bed and a nice-size cot if you need to sleep 3 people. It was $71.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple