Hotel Gloriana & Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Big Apple Hotel(Montego Bay)
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2014

If you are with a local your fine, I would suggest going alone as a tourist. I have been 5 times with my Jamaican partner and we have an amazing time and have never had trouble. The last time we went there were lots of ants and I got bitten in bed to which my bite turned yellow. The ants were coming in for the fish bone behind the toilet...god knows how housekeeping missed it.but at the end of the day..you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask to see 7000jmd rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Honeydip18
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

We have just gone through a series of refurbishing and have some new and upgraded rooms you can check it out on out website hotelgloriana.net or on our facebook page.Thank you for making Hotel Gloriana your home away from home. We will be having a huge special on our room rates for this Christmas which starts now with walk-in rates at US $46.00 and reserved room at $57.00 and $70.00 per night so we are looking forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Horrible! Bugs everywhere VERY outdated. The groundskeeper tries to sell my bf weed before we even checked into our room! Then followed us later literally shoving in our faces. Room, bed, esp bathroom disgusting. Not to mention someone was pounding on our door at 4am! Completely ridiculous. However if you're low on money, they have wifi and a pool. Also the main strip is right down the road. So maybe there's a slight perk.

Just be sure to hide your money and valuables. Then wash everything immediately after returning home. Luggage can be sprayed down with a water rubbing alcohol mix. To avoid bed bugs.

• Stayed: February 2014
8  Thank TravelingDuo603

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Glorianna for 1 night base on recommendation from a friend that it was cheaper. I'm usally very skeptical about cheapness howver i decide to give it a try. The greeting was " Welcome to the Glorianna world famous hotel or someting similar to that however i don't think this place live up to that. I was showed room after room with none of the TV remotes working, the hot water was cold water and if it does turn hot, its usually in the morning. The water running from the shower head was a trickle, it was difficult to bathe, mosquitos was in the room. the towels were brown , not white, the entire room looks like it could use some serious renovation, the tv reception was grainy. In addition to that my purse with $ 5000, Jm was missing at the lobby, however it did turn up with $ 1500, 00 , they claimed i must have driopped it there by accident". The internet is a joke, u have to be near the pool for it to work or lean your head over the balcony. In addition when i returned to the US i had serious itchy skin which my doctor told me it was parasites consistent with bed bugs. I thought my itchy skin was from the mosquitos. In addition another guest claimed her money was stolen while i was there. The staff are very nice and and you can tell hard workers, the AC is good however everything else could improve tremebdously

Room Tip: place needs renovation bad
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank juicy40

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed @ The Hotel Gloriana for a week and it was great . the food was good , the staff was very friendly , very good management , the best location and the price is good and it close to the airport and the hip strip . Hotel Gloriana is a home away from home , you can try it yourself the next time your in Jamaica . I promise your going to love it . keep up the good work Miss Gloriana

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stay at the Gloriana for up to three months at a time, every year, for the past 10 years. My stays are usually occur during the winter months of Dec/ Jan/ Feb/ and Mar.
This hotel is like my home, the service is great, the security is top notch, and all the amenities are available, without the high prices of the ubiquitous all-inclusives. Many guests stay for long periods of time, making the Gloriana a home away from home.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the quieter the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends