“Horrible”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Hotel Gloriana & Spa
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
London
“Horrible”
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I stayed there for one night, whilst passing through on my way to Negril and I have to say I did not like the place at all. I had a pool side room and the room was disgusting, it smelt of stile cigarettes, and desperately needed a makeover.

• Stayed January 2009
1 Thank Lady1_9
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2015
We have just gone through a series of refurbishing and have some new and upgrade rooms you can check it out on our website hotelgloriana.net or on our facebook page Hotel Gloriana.Thank you for making Hotel Gloriana your home away from home. We will be having a huge special on our room rates for this Christmas which starts now with walk-in rates at US $46.00 and reserved room at $57.00 and $70.00 per night so we are looking forward to seeing you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brampton
Reviewed 24 January 2009

I stayed at the Hotel, for 18 days. My stay was ok, staff friendly. I felt safe. Staff honest. However. Miss G needs to make herself known to her guest, I never saw her.
She also needs to do more repairs on her home, the door are old the shower curtins have mold. The fridge not working properly. They need more irons available so you don't have to wait for long periods for the iron.

• Liked — I felt safe
  • Disliked — Food served cold
  • Stayed December 2008
2 Thank CCCFromBrampton
uk
Reviewed 31 October 2008

Stayed at Gloriana's whilst tavelling around the Island. It was very basic but for $3,200ja I couldn't complain.
To be honest I felt sorry for the staff who often hanged around waiting to serve customers by the bar. I would have a chat with them to keep them sane- could see them withering in the heat.
The rooms were very basic and trust me a well deserved visit was needed to an Ikea store.
Very outdated and I noticed a musty smell- good thing I brought some febreeze with me.
The bedspread which they put on the bed was a maroon colour that looked like it hadn't had the feel of water on it for a long time and needed a change, the drapes were ancient and block out the natural sunlight.
But all in all it served the purpose.
As a regular to the Island, I wasn't expecting much more to be honest and obviously my visit to Sandals was a total different experience but it was a place to rest my head once I'd done partying.
The hip strip is on your door step, more or less.
Don't expect paradise- be prepared to throw the maroon bedspread as far as you can to the otherside of the room. Oh and if you want an iron tell the porter from the night before.
You may also see Mis Gloriana cruising in her Benz.
Good value for moneybut don't expect luxury. Happy vacation!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — need a makeover
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Missbritish

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

New York
Reviewed 14 October 2008

The Hotel was very clean and have pleasant staff. However, I did not like when the housekeepers use the same water in the bucket to clean all their assigned rooms. That is not good hygiene. Sometime the water would be dirty and they use it from rooms to rooms. And the housekeepers don't even use gloves to wring out the mops that they used to wipe the floors. Hello!!!??? Also when the air condition is low; it gives off a gasoline order. The housekeepers should not leave the rooms unlock after they clean.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank cutey2008
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 12 September 2008

Hotel Goriana was ok. I mean just ok. The clerk at the front desk gave me the choice of two rooms. The bell man then brought me to one room and said "So here you are". I was confused and thought there was another room to look at and then he said there was only the room we were in. It was like a maze getting to the room. Then he took forever to "set up" the TV because he was standing watching it for like a minute. I was annoyed with that. The bed spread was maroon and hideous. Otherwise the hotel room served it's purpose. The A/C worked well and the room service was great. I would stay there again because the price was right.

• Liked — The food
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
5 Thank WorminaMellon
New York City, Bronx
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Hotel Gloriana was awful. We had to stay there b/c our flight was cancelled due to Hurricane Gustav and could not fly home. The rooms were infested w/ insects (e.g. water roaches, mosquitos), the staff at the hotel were very rude. They stared at us and treated it in a very fake manner. The used words such as thankyou, excuse me, and along w/ them made facial gestures to express there annoyance. The food at the restaurant in the hotel was horrible. My friends threw-up after eating there and I got diahrrea (we only ate there once during our stay). The fried chicken w/ spaghetti had no tomatoe sauce just ketchup. I had the fried chicken w/ mashed potatoes and it well I was on immodium for the rest of the trip. When we tried to get teh phone number to USAirways from the receptionist the owner of the hotel "Glorianna" told her not to give us the number. We had already paid in advance for 4 nights so I don''t understand why she would be so cruel as to do something like that in the middle of hurricane. My friends and I just wanted to get a flight and go home.

The hotel itself is decorated by tons of poster of the ownore "Gloriana". She has a poster where she is recieving an awar dfor her hotel repeatedly put all over the hotel and in th elobby there is a small case w/ 6 fake looking trophes that someone in SPAIN awarded her for her wonderful hotel in 2005. The hotel should be called a motel. The owner "Gloriana" sells DVDS and a book about her life in the lobby. I have never in my life ever seen such a self prompted motel. The Airport staff was telling all passengers stuck in Jamaica to go to that hotel and I have a feeling they get something out of it. I'm not rich all I ask for is clean and sanitary conditions and this is not the place to get it. The customer service does nto exist in this place unless its given to you w/ a fake undertone, dirty looks, and stares.

• Liked — It was close to the airport.
  • Disliked — The insects and bugs in our bed.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank VictoriaNYC01
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this review, 26 February 2016
thank you for making hotel Gloriana you home away from home. sorry for your bad experince. and thanks for your comment. when you come again you will have a choice to choose your room. we you come again we will give you a discount for $55 per night. as we have upgraded since your last visit
GEORGIA
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I just got back from Jamaica with my husband early this morning. Our flight was delayed, since we were low on cash we asked the man working at the information desk at the airport if there was a reasonable hotel close by the hotel. He told me about Hotel Gloriana. We went and as soon as I walked in you could smell the stinch of marijuana. The bellman showed us three rooms there starting with the lowest price, as we walked from room to room you could feel the people just starring. One of the rooms air conditioners didn't work, all of the rooms were awful!!!! But we had to choose one, we got the most expensive one up top on the front of the motel. THere were bars o the balcony, on the tv, there were no lights but maybe a lamp on the table. After we checked in we left quick to get out of there. We went for a walk and had no idea where we were, but could see the beach. The road we wound up on was the hip strip (I guess thats the name), anyway a car pulled up to us with 2 Jamaican men inside. The man driving said "remember me, from the hotel", from there it was on. It truns out that the road that we were on turned into a dead end, beach on one side and fences and motels on the other. To make a long story shorter the two men tried to make us get in the car with them, wanted us to go with them to the atm to get them $45 and they would leave us alone. They parked at the end of the street and waited........ finally a taxi with a red tag drove by we got in ducked our heads in the seat and went back to the Gloriana. Turns out he worked for the hotel, we got our things and told the people there was a plane and we were leaving. We wound up staying at the Holiday Inn and the people we very nice and tried their best to help us out, we got an ocean front suite and it was all inclusive for about $215. I know I said we didn't have any money, so we used his overdraffted his account at the bank. But you've got to do what you've got to do, Especially in MONTEGO BAY!!!!!

• Liked — Leaving!!
  • Disliked — Everything from the people staying there to the dungon rooms!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple