Hotel Gloriana & Spa
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$488
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$535
US$517
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$221
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$519
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$336
  • Pool
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$258
  • Pool
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$267
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$577
US$532
Priceline
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,666
Hotelpower.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Left our things locked in the room due to missing a flight we decided to go back to Negril for the night and already paid for the room. when we came back my 300 dollar I pod was stolen and two shark tooth necklaces for my two girls back in the states that's all they wanted from Jamaica and my wife 80 dollar perfume. The reason we knew it was from the hotel is because one of our bags where laid on its wrong side which we would never due. I also had my cell phone stolen it was very stupid for us to leave our things due not ever leave any electronics alone always keep them on your person phones I pod mp3 perfume is gold to them the locks are skeleton locks which are easy to pick or I'm sure they had a copy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hopper22
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at this place for 13 nights - we paid up front and they offer NO refunds. We paid for a "suite" and got an a/c unit that didn't work, but dripped non-stop onto the second bed in the room,which only served to add a mould odour to the room. The bathroom had no lock on the door, and we had to buy roach spray and spray every night. We had a substantial amount of money stolen from our room, to which the owner told me, Our staff don't do things like that, so you should question the "man" in your room. When I reminded her it was my husband for the 3rd time, she yelled that it was my problem my money was stolen and so why was | bothering her? Our next issue was a sewage gas leak into the room, and when we complained about the fact we couldn't go in our room, as the gas is deadly, we were refered to the owner yet again. This time she told me that the problem was due to a city issue and she couldn't do anything about it. I demanded she attend in our room,and told her that if she did nothing the papers would be called in to report on her response to a potentially deadly matter. With guests checking in, and with me not backing down, she transferred us to a single room,she usually rents for 45.00 a night and said we would have to be satisfied. The sewage gas problem was fixed the next day and we returned to our own room. The furniture is old, the pool is old and crumbling, and the "spa" is non-existent. In our country she would be successfully sued for fraudulent advertising and misrepresenting a service. This woman's behaviour was downright criminal and the awards from many years ago she has plastered in the lobby should be revoked. She has no business sense and no idea how to treat visitors to her hotel. She advertises her book and movie, and the fact she went from a donkey to a "bimmer" - she should go back to the bush and deal with donkeys - that is what she is really cut out to do. I wouldn't even want my worse enemy to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LOLLY096
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I stayed at Hotel Gloriana Dec. 30- Jan. 9, 2011. The hotel is next to the airport and when first arrivied I was afraid to walk in the door. Well honestly I guess I was expecting too much when booking this place and it was out dated and dark around the lobby and reception area. The female on the front desk was friendly and let me choose my room. The first two rooms I was shown were on the bottom floor of the hotel and they were dark and outdated with carpet and bed sheets that they must have been bought when the hotel first opened in 1994. The third room I was shown was on the second floor over looking the pool which didn`t have carpet thankfully and was very small but better then the first two. The air conditioning works really good in the rooms and most of the time we had to turn it off because it got too cold. If your a person who likes to take hot baths good luck sometimes the hot water wouldn`t work and just dripped and I would have to run it for atleast an hour to half fill the tub but the cold ran fine. The people who worked at the hotel were friendly especially Steve who helps brings your things to your room. The hotel has security 24 hours and I felt safe staying there in the day and at night. This hotel is walking distance from local shops and clubs and I felt safe walking by myself in the Montego Bay area especially since local police walk the streets in tourist areas. The hotel has a restaurant with local food price ranging from $7 US to $30 but if you go across the street to either the veggie place or the place in front of the police station you can get local food (Curry, pork, liver, chicken, etc.) for approx. $2.50- $3.50 US. The bar at the hotel was only opened until 10 pm every night with drinks $3.00- and up (strawberry daiquirie $7 US) but if you walk a short distance down the street liquor is cheap $10 US a 750ml bottle of rum. The phone in the rooms only could call room to room, front desk and room service if you wanted to call home you had to use the phone in the dark so called lobby with a calling card.The whole ten days of my stay there was no entertainment and when asking about entertainment I was told they never had it in a long time so after 10 pm there is nothing to do. My overall experience of Gloriana was they need to renovate and upgrade this place but the staff was friendly and helpful. Try not to compare this hotel to a resort or a 5 star hotel and you will be fine. If your just looking for a cheap place to stay to party at local clubs and sleep this place is fine. But if your expecting to have a beautiful place on the beach with lots of entertainment and you plan to just stay on the resort all the time you will be unhappy because nothing goes on here just great weather and a pool which isn`t great either. I honestly would stay at this place again because it was cheaper than most places ($55 a night) and I usually would go out to see more of the island and didn`t stay at the hotel all day long. I would recommend this place only if your on a budget and just want to go to Jamaica and you don`t care about a 5 star experience and just remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 1angie1
Reviewed 3 January 2011

If you are expecting a spotless room, do not stay here. We looked at at least 3 different rooms and all had hairs either in the bedsheets or in the sinks, table, etc and was pretty gross. The decor is very out-dated but the rooms aren't all that bad... I guess you get what you pay for. The front desk staff wasn't the greatest (it was my boyfriend and mine's birthday and they wouldn't give us a fridge to put or birthday cake in or any special treatment) but I feel very bad for the "behind-the-scenes" staff. One of the guys they sent up to fix the TV said he's not allowed to 'stray' for even a minute and the staff mostly get treated pretty badly as you can probably see from their depressed faces. Anyway, this place is dirty but average for the price.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emlolly
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

We have just gone through a series of refurbishing and have some new and upgrade rooms you can check it out on our website hotelgloriana.net or on our facebook page Hotel Gloriana.Thank you for making Hotel Gloriana your home away from home. We will be having a huge special on our room rates for this Christmas which starts now with walk-in rates at US $46.00 and reserved room at $57.00 and $70.00 per night so we are looking forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Im wondering if the owner of gloriana view the internet to see the reviews what people have to say about the hotel. Sorrry but I will never go back there again because first I dont like roaches and there are many at gloriana the pillows are too hard and smelly the hotel needs proper mattresses. I know miss g is trying to change out a few windows and replace the hot tub but mattresses, pillows, shower curtains and mold on the bathroom tile on the wall needs attention they are the least to replace in the hotel. also repellant pesticides are the least to put into the rooms for roaches I hate those insects with a passion. I will visit gloriana again if something is done about the roaches. To Miss Gloriana appreciate ur guest because I know you are aware of these problems but are ignoring them. Some of us are not use to seeing these roaches they are everywhere but not in my house.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple