“Still no pictures..”

US$89.00*
Canopy Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Chukka Jamaica Montego Bay - a full range of tours for families, couples and friends. Experience the best we have to offer at one of our exclusive locations including Sandy Bay, Montpelier and YS Falls. Try the original horseback ride and swim or our ATV Buggy, jeep safari, zipline, river tubing, kayaking, catamaran sailing and more. Transportation to and from all major hotels and piers. Chukka offers the best of Jamaica, Belize, Grand Turk and Dominican Republic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My tour was through Royal Caribbean on May 21, 2014. We "didn't have time" to wait in line for our pictures because "the cruise ship would leave us" when in all actuality another group from our ship had just begun the tour. I was severely annoyed with this as we asked to use our GoPro camera and they refused. It is now June 3 and i've received no email with pictures. I have submitted two photo requests (both me and my boyfriend) and we've called several times. Still no pictures. They just blow it off. Will not book an excursion through Chukka again.

ChukkaCaribbean, Public Relations Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Gabrielle. We thank you for your review and we sincerely apologize for what has happened. We have just spoken to the Photo Supervisor about your situation, and your first and last name is needed in order to proceed. So please email us your contact information, briefly explaining the issue, to info@chukkacaribbean.com so that we can send your memories from your trip as soon as possible. Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,889)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I highly recommend the horse back riding trip it is a mostly shaded trip through a field and then into the woods following an old kings highway from the old rum and cane sugar exportation days. If you are lucky to ride along with one of the guides they will open right up about what exactly you are seeing or possibly hearing. If you go in the water, try to talk them into allowing you to go barefoot. I wore teva's and they acted like sails underwater. not fun. The horses were treated well and in good health. A lot of them are polo horses used on a field next to the facility.

CHUKKATours, Public Relations Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Trevor, we are so glad you have enjoyed the original Horseback Ride and Swim Tour – it is an experience ideal for all ages! Thank you for choosing Chukka and for your great feedback, we hope to see you again soon in Jamaica, Belize or Turks

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked a 1:30 tube ride. When I called them to confirm, per the instructions on the voucher, no one picked up. I emailed them, and got a prompt response - we don't have an afternoon pick-up scheduled for you...but we can pick you up for the morning tour. That's fine, but just so you know, my voucher clearly says that I paid for the afternoon tour.

The driver, Teddy, was amazing! What a great guy - we talked like we'd known each other forever and he was a great guide as more and more people joined. When we got there, the surly lady behind counter informed us that the lock rental was $5 and the bug spray was $6 (make sure to bring your own bug spray, and split the cost of the locker rental, which should have been included or only two bucks, as far as I am concerned).

Our guides were AMAZING! They were spirited, full of energy, focused on keeping us safe, funny, everything you would hope they would be. Although we did not get the complimentary rum punch, they passed around sugar cane and coconuts with fresh water in them.

They overcharge for the photos - ten pictures for thirty dollars???? I split the fees with some nice women I met, otherwise, they could have kept those photos (the photographer was, eh). Again, there were some surly women at the register. Not sure what that's about.

Don't think I would book through Chukka again, because of all the nickel and diming, but my hats off to the guides and my friend Teddy.

ChukkaCaribbean, Public Relations Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your review. While we never like to hear we missed the mark we do appreciate all feedback as we strive to continually improve our product and over deliver on expectations. We'll be sure to tell Teddy and the guides – we’re delighted to know that they have made your excursion memorable. They truly are the heart of our Chukka family. We have shared your comments with our Operations Team for their review. We value all of your input and we hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Do not book this excursion. We were waiting in line afterwards to buy our pictures, and they tell us we have to leave or the ship will leave us, but that we can still request our pictures online.. Which was a lie because another group had just left for the trail ride from Royal Caribbean. I've requested my pictures and contacted them several times with no response. So basically I paid 198 dollars for my boyfriend and I to ride horses for two hours. A complete waste with no pictures.

ChukkaCaribbean, Public Relations Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We sincerely apologize for the issues you have encountered and we thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have just sent you a direct message requesting you for some information that will assist in our search for your photos, and we will assure that you get them as soon as possible.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Chukka Ziplining at Montego Bay - This was a fun day for me and my two teenage sons. The zip lines are relatively tame until the last one which is so fun! The guides are very good at keeping everyone safe and are really funny and entertaining. It ended up raining the whole day we were there but that wasn't a problem.

1  Thank Cricketindallas

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed ziplining with us! We are also delighted that our staff made your experience more enjoyable, and that the weather was not a problem in your adventure. Thanks for visiting Chukka, we can't wait to go on more adventures with you in the future!