“ATV Safari & Horseback Ride n Swim”

Chukka Caribbean Adventures
US$89.00*
Canopy Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Chukka Jamaica Montego Bay - a full range of tours for families, couples and friends. Experience the best we have to offer at one of our exclusive locations including Sandy Bay, Montpelier and YS Falls. Try the original horseback ride and swim or our ATV Buggy, jeep safari, zipline, river tubing, kayaking, catamaran sailing and more. Transportation to and from all major hotels and piers. Chukka offers the best of Jamaica, Belize, Grand Turk and Dominican Republic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Shropshire, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“ATV Safari & Horseback Ride n Swim”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were promptly picked up from Sunset at the Palms in Negril (where we were staying for our honeymoon) and were taken to Chukka - abour 45-55 minutes drive but in a comofrtable air conditioned bus! There was 6 of us there bright and early(we were collected at 7:30am) and we were doing the ATV's first. Kemal was our guide and he was brilliant. He made it fun and easy to get comfortable with the bikes.

I have to say that I would struggle to call it a ATV 'SAFARI' - as we weren't taken to any specific spots to look at animals in their habitat neither were given many opportunities to stop and take pictures like I'd read on a description prior to booking - very little info was given about the history of the area either.

Saying that, we REALLY enjoyed it and despite flooding a few of the engines and having to have replacements brought in, it was really good fun. You WILL get muddy but thats what is so awesome about it.

We got back to the main beach area and our inclusive lunch (because we booked a combo) wasn't ready, so we went straight on the horses. We rode through the plantation (albeit half of it was where we had just been on the ATVs) but its a very different experience on the horses and they took us much further into the hills. It was a really lovely experience and even my (horse hating) husband enjoyed it - he doesnt trust things without brakes!!

When we got back to the beach, we had a short break before 'swimming' with the horses in the sea. This was a little scray (only cause its so unusual!) but exhilirating!

We got a CD for $30 (10 photos) and we're so glad that we did both and got the photos for it! Albeit the lady in the gift shop was quite rude to us because we hadn't broguht ID for using our card? We didn't know we needed it and brought as little as possible with us on the excursion to avoid losing it. She did let us have it in the end but she was unfortunately quite rude about it.

We didn't get lunch because by this time there was a sign up asking for payment for the food and we decided to just wait out til we got back to the hotel. Just as we were leaving however, one of the girls kindly popped her head in the bus and said we hadn't had our free lunch and they could wrap it up for us to take!! Lovely lady, thank you!

Overall a really great day and definitely worth the money and time!

P.S There's also some excellent photo opportunities at the beach

Yuma, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Horse back riding”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had a wonderful time. So exciting riding the horses in the water. It was well worth the price, and easy for us that hardly ever ride a horse. The staff was very helpful. It was also close to where we were staying.

Visited May 2014
ChukkaCaribbean, Public Relations Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your review, Lora! We always want our clients to have amazing experiences and we're glad you had a wonderful time. Hopefully we’ll see you again soon!
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“No service”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a trip to jamaica through Costco and received $100 tour credit with chukka. I emailed them to book a trip and asked how to use my credit when booking online. I got an email back asking what company my credit was through. I answered the email immediately and never got a response to make a reservation. I emailed them three more times and never got a response. I was so angry at the lack of service I decided to just let my credit go to waste and not try to book with them while in jamaica rather than spend any extra money with them.

Visited June 2014
ChukkaCaribbean, Public Relations Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for our delay. The issue you have encountered which is certainly not a Chukka standard. Please email our country manager Mr. Frank Peeters (fpeeters@chukka.com) directly providing your name, date, and the Costco confirmation number so that we can review your issue as soon as possible and provide you with a satisfactory solution. We value all of your input and we hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to serve you more efficiently.
Punta Cana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had the best tour experience so far in Jamaica. All the activities, zip line, slides, games were amazing. Excellent place to enjoy and relax.

Visited June 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We do our best to define, design, develop and deliver tour experiences of the highest quality so it is a pleasure to hear feedback like yours. We cannot wait to welcome you back on your next holiday in the Caribbean.
New Braunfels, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Chukka forgets to pick you up and has terrible customer service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband I returned from our vacation to Jamaica last night. I am writing this email to express our disappointment with Chukka Caribbean Adventures.
We trust Costco and with the purchase of our vacation, we had a $100 Chukka Tour Credit. On May 30, 2014 we went to the Chukka office at the resort and the reprentative set up our tour for the Dunn's River Climb and Catamaran Cruise for May 31, 2014. She only gave us a piece of paper with a confirmation number.I had to give her my credit card number, but never had to sign anything. I did not get a receipt either.
Our pick up was at 7:10 am. Later that day, we had a voicemail changing the pick up time to 7:50 am.
We were at the lobby for pick up the next morning at 7:40 am. At 8, I went to the front desk asking them if they could check on our pick up. They called Chukka for me and I waited on hold until 8:30 until a man answered the phone. He said that they never sent anyone to pick us up. He said he would send someone. The Chukka rep did not get in until 8:30, so we went and told him what was going on. He said someone would pick us up by 8:45, but we did not get picked up until 9am.
We were the only 2 people in this van and he drove very fast. We met up with another van with 6 people in it for the same tour. They were waiting on the side of the road for us. We had to get in that van to proceed to the tour.
We got to the boat dock at 10:45 am. Our driver immediately looked worried and mad. He got on his cell phone and got out of the van. He was on the phone for over 20 minutes. He said that the boat left without us. Then we saw a rescue inflatable with motor boat come to take us to the catamaran. We were told that the catamaran was just around the boat dock island and that it came back for us. This was not true. The family of 4 got on the rescue boat first. The rescue boat came back about 11:15 for my husband and I. This boat had silver duct tape on the sides. We were given life jackets and we had to ride this boat all the way out to the snorkel sight. When we got there at 11:30, all the other people from the tour were already done snorkeling and on the boat waiting to leave to the next location of Dunn's river. They were looking at us like we did something wrong. No one on the catamaran met us to apologize or give us any information. We were just handed the snorkeling equipment. We swam out to join the family of 4 that was already out there. We were in the water for 10 minutes and they told us to all swim back and we had to leave at 11:45. My husband and I talked with Captain at 2:45 and told him how disappointed we were with the tour. He said that he called the office and they would do something for us. He was not sure what.
We then proceeded to the Dunn's River. After that a driver picked us up and took us the hotel. We got back to the hotel at 5.
It would have been nice to have someone meet us at the hotel to apologize or at the very least have a voicemail on our hotel phone. We did not get either.
The Chukka reps were already closed for the day.
I wrote a note and placed it under there door expressing our disappointment and wanting a discount/ refund.
We did not hear anything from them Sunday. We went in person Monday morning and the rep did not remember us. A second rep there tried to be helpful calling their marketing manager to find out what they would do for us. We waited here for over 30 minutes again while they were on the phone. They said that we were getting a package. When we checked back later, it was still not there. They said that they would leave it at the hotel front desk. We told them that we were not sure of the value of the package they were giving us and that we wanted to snorkel. We had already had another excursion to Dunn's river so that was not a priority for us. We said we wanted a discount or refund. She said the marketing director was not willing to give us any discount or refund.
Upon check out on June 3, our package was a plastic bag with one Chukka t-shirt and one nylon Chukka crossbody bag.
We took 3 other tours with the company Amstar and they were on time and more enjoyable.
I would suggest the Dreamer Catamaran Snorkel and party boat. They were on-time, fun, and the snorkel sight was better.
No one wants to spend their day on the phone or waiting to do something fun on vacation. This could have been a rare mishap, but would you want this to happen to you?
Don't choose this tour!

6 Thank ShinerRanchman
ChukkaCaribbean, Public Relations Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We sincerely apologize. This is not the standard of service or experience that Chukka is known for or wants to deliver to any client. We would like to ensure that you are satisfied with our response to your issues and as such ask if would you please email our Country Manager Mr Frank Peeters at fpeeters@chukka.com directly so that he may personally correspond with you and find a satisfactory solution.