“Jamaica snorkel trip”
Review of Barrett Adventures

Barrett Adventures
Ranked #14 of 108 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Barrett Adventures is a company with more than 20 years of experience in showing our guests the real Jamaica. We specialize in doing excursions that either are done in ways to maximize your enjoyment of familiar attractions by doing them at times when we don't have to share them with the crowds, or offering tours to places that are truly 'Off the beaten path.'Our drivers are unsurpassed in their knowledge of our culture and our history. You will never find one of us at a loss for words when you ask a question.
Kokomo, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jamaica snorkel trip”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Just got back from a great vacation with my friends & their husbands & daughters. We rented the Lark for a half day snorkel trip & had a great time. We were picked up promptly at 8am & we were treated to informative ride w/Loxley, our driver & boat captain. We had a lifeguard guide named Fire who got us into gear & the girls(11,10 & 6) into life vests & into the clear blue water we went. We had the reef to ourselves & Fire took the main group to explore the whole area. We had drinks & snacks & afterward Loxley took us to Scotchies for a Jamaican late lunch & Sweet Treats for ice cream for the girls. Carolyn quoted a price & within 1 day it was arranged. Very happy with their service & the excursion.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ChristyWatkins21

West Harrison, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“H'evan Scent Zip and Secret Falls and tubing”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Four exciting long zips over deep valleys, and a crazy swing ride. Awesome falls for jumping and swimming. Relaxing tube ride at a third location. Great driver Sean, who showcased his driving skills on the long narrow winding steep road to the mountaintop zip line place. Sean gave us lots of island info. Had delicious dinner at Scotchies on the way back to Montego Bay.
Doing these three things together made for a long day, but it was pretty cool. Be prepared to tip the operators at each location. Also be prepared to purchase zipline photos and river tubing photos. There was beer(Red Stripe) available at H'evan Scent and at the Secret Falls. Over an hour drive from Montego Bay.
Great value. This tour was better than similar tours offered at our resort.

Visited October 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Robin of" Loxley”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My sister and I separated from the rest of our group (the boys went fishing - see review of Deep Drop Fishing Charters) during our Carnival Conquest cruise stop in Montego Bay, Jamaica and because I didn't feel safe exploring on our own - I did my research and based on the fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor, I chose Barrett Adventures as our tour while we were in port. Carolyn was easy to communicate with and her responses were fast via email. She assured me that her second-in-command (Loxley) would be waiting for us outside the cruise terminal. He was there and we were "princesses" for the day. Loxley drove us out to Secret Falls, talking about Jamaica and answering all our questions. Secret Falls was quiet, beautiful, way better than going to an overcrowded tourist attraction! Kevin was a fantastic guide as we jumped off the falls, hiked through the rainforest, and took tons of pictures. Our belongings were safe with Loxley while we enjoyed the falls. We skipped tubing, got fresh fruit from a roadside stand, ate at Scotchies, and drove back for some shopping. I appreciated that Loxley stayed with us while we shopped, as some vendors can be uncomfortably pushy. We got back to the cruise port at the time we requested and tipped generously. Loxley was great. Great time, great company, will absolutely do business with them again!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank sillycatie
Camdenton, Missouri, United States
“We were blown away!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I HIGHLY recommend Barrett Adventures if you are looking to adventure out from your resort. Carolyn and her team are amazing!!!! The communication and the service is second to none!!!

Visited August 2013
Suffolk, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thanks to Loxley....best vacation ever!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family of 5 booked a trip at the Riu for 5 nights in June. I had booked excursions thru Carolyn before we left to zip line and to the secret falls. Well...I will start with our driver...Loxley.

This man not only took us to our excursions but gave us great history of Jamaica...stopped on side if road for fresh fruit and took us wherever we wanted to go for the entire day. He took us to two great restaurants (scotchies and bibbity bips(I think that's the name). He was undoubtably the reason we will be going back to Jamaica next year. He and Carolyn helped us extend our stay in the Silver Sands villas as well. My children 11,9 and 9 loved Loxley. He was so good to them. Anything we wanted to do...he made it happen.

Secret Falls...never in my life have I been to a more beautiful place. We will be doing that again next year. The kids had a ball!!

Zipline...most fun. The guys were so good to my 9 year old twins. They even carried them because their legs were tired.

All in all...best vacation ever!! Can't wait to go back next year!! See u soon Loxley!!!

Visited June 2013