“Mo Bay is intresting...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montego Bay

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mo Bay is intresting...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2006

Montego Bay Jamaica is an interesting. There are some beautiful sights to see, but there is a real poverty problem. The people there are mostly quite rude, but i think their culture is just that way. It was an experience, but i dont think i will be going back.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“FOUND MONTEGO BAY TO LIVE UP TO ITS REPUTATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2005

In April of this year, I flew into Montego Bay. Although at that time, I went straight on to Spanish Town, Jamaica and just saw the scenery from the car. I was in Jamaica for eight days and on the seventh day I went back to Montego Bay and checked into a hotel near the airport because of the distance I had to travel back to the airport.
That evening, I traveled around the town and went shopping. Then later I walked along the beach just outside the hotel. The next morning I got really early and jumped in the pool and sat out by the beach until I had to get everything loaded up to travel back home.
I have been to Jamaica for a total of five times and everytime I see something different and interesting. It's a beautful, really thrilling place to visit. Makes me want to stay forever.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cuenca, Spain
7 helpful votes
“Friendly and safe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2004

I just returned from 12 exciting days of business/pleasure in Montego Bay, Jamaica, W.I.
The Jamaicans are still very polite and always respectful and friendly at all times.
Tourism is their major income and they recognise and welcome this. They are proud and take the time to describe everything and show you their island. I was able to enjoy the exercise while walking in the morning, late afternoon and even at midnight. Someone is always trying to sell you something, but in a friendly and respectful manner.
I felt safe at all times during my stay. Their jovial manner is always present. Even in their manner of speaking. You learn to accomplish things at an easier more relaxed pace.
This is what life is about, to enjoy it.

2 Thank JohnnyBgood
A TripAdvisor Member
“Center City Montego Bay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2004

We went on the Carnival Conquest last week (2/11/04) and instead of taking an approved excursion ended up in a bus with about 30 other people in the same position. The driver turned tour guide took us for a drive, very pretty country. To Marguritaville for awhile, lot's of fun.
We ate at the Pork Pit, very local and it was great. Then we were taken to Center City for some "shopping". I have traveled in my life but have never felt so insecure about the safety of myself and my family. My radar was on full as we were approached time and time again by hustlers. After being herded around by these guys for about an hour all I wanted to do was get back to the ship. Before I could leave, I had to pay them protection money since they had been my security while on the streets. Horrible, dirty, I was embarrassed for the good people.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Our thoughts about MoBay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2004

It was a nice place to visit. The island is beautiful and the food was great. Found the locals very aggresive if you didn't want to visit their shops and at times weren't all that friendly. Also the souvenirs were quite expensive being that we are from Canada and everything is price in US currency. We had heard that if you were to adventure a fair ways off the resort you were able to get a better deal but we didn't feel safe enough to do so. We did four tours during our stay. The one that we would recommend the most would be the blue lagoon!!! It's a night tour and it's amazing. We would consider going back but would rather check out other places sooner.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Montego Bay? Share your experiences!