“Vanya's Birthday”

Toscanini Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are an authentic Italian restaurant located just outside the resort town of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The property is an original plantation house that also houses an art gallery featuring famous local works of art.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic meal we had!!!

I had contacted Ricci before going to Jamaica for my girls 50th birthday. I got a response almost immediately confirming our booking. I had asked if they could do something special for her and they did not disappoint.

We were greeted with a warm welcome to a wonderful setting.

We both liked the menu and especially the red snapper and the lobster.
We were kindly offered both so we could share.
Omg it was amazing, taste, presentation and cooked to perfection.
During the taking if the order Ricci's partner (sorry I forgot your name) asked Vanya what she fancied for dessert. It was very tactfully done as they brought it out singing happy birthday to her personalised with chocolate sauce piping around the plate. Great touch.

Highly recommend if you are in the area to book and enjoy this wonderful place.

Thanks again
Rick & Vanya

1  Thank Rick W

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I ate here several times. We love the location and the delicious food. The servers are very nice, and we met the cooks which was also a pleasure. We met a guy name Poo, he kept a smile on his face but a man with very few words (smile)....This is the best Italian Restaurant on the Island, trust me you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank Renee876
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I came here with my girlfriend for my 25th birthday. This is the best authentic Italian Restaurant I've ever been to.The outdoor seating, candlelight, scenic background and classical music in the background made it a real romantic dinner like straight from out of the movies. The appetizer came from listening Lella explain the menu and just hearing the passion which she puts into preparing each dish, it was so mouth-watering. I ordered the pimento roasted loin of pork honey, balsamic and scallion and my girlfriend the seafood fettuccine. The pork was so succulent with all the flavours locked and just amazing. Lella checked on us to make sure everything and even engaged us with an interest to know more about us. I enjoyed that service it felt like we were invited in her home as guest. Did I mention the surprise? To top it all off I was showered in flower petals#smiling.

Thank you Lella and your amazing staff for a memorable and special birthday.

3  Thank Rhoja
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed 5 nights in Jamaica and decided to try Toscanini for dinner one night. It was by far the best meal we had while in Jamaica. Who would have guessed we would find such excellent Italian food in Jamaica. The bolognese sauce was super good!! Lella was an amazing hostess(she is the owner)...who explained the menu and took our order and gave us some history on the restaurant. We had our two children with us and they enjoyed the meal and the service as well. The outdoor seating was warm and welcoming...we hope to come back to visit again someday. Thank you for a lovely evening.

1  Thank jodiand1750
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was one of the best Italian Restaruants we have ever eaten at.
We are from Portland Oregon and traveled all the way to Jamaica to be pleasantly surprised to find this authentic restaurant. Fresh ingredients in everything along with a very lovely owner created a wonderful experience. We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank JamRoc