“Beautiful surroundings but don't expect much else”
Review of The Ruins at the Falls - CLOSED

The Ruins at the Falls
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 June 2013

If this place lived up to the beautiful surroundings the food should have been fantastic. Unfortunately, it is anything but! When looking at the menu prices then saw what was delivered from the kitchen it really made you realize that you were paying a lot and getting very little in return.
A buffet was also offered that supposedly had Jamaican dishes. I have enjoyed eating at Croydon Plantation in the past so had an idea of what Jamaican dishes should be. None of my table mates who went to the buffet had anything good to say about the food. It consisted of some dried, tasteless chicken and lukewarm side dishes.
I realize that this restaurant was busy, but still for the prices being charged you should have received something much better. If you are willing to just enjoy the surroundings then this place may be worth a visit. If you want to enjoy some good food find another place.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

last June (2012) on my trip to Jamaica with my niece, we took the Bob Marley and Dunns River tour. Lunch was at the Ruins - heaven! The buffet was a delicious array of Jamaican and Chinese dishes. We stayed a bit late at the Marley mausoleum and childhood home - so we were a bit late for lunch - no problem! We were seated quickly, and the food was waiting for us in the covered area, tasty and warm. We had second helpings of most things. I loved the variety so that even the pickiest eater in your group would have been satisfied.
The cost was included in our tour package, and it was a great value. I highly recommend it for families and also for romance.

1  Thank angela a
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I really hope the owner of the establishment is reading this or someone close to that position i went there on a family outing last christmas and it was the WORST dining experiece any of us has ever been on the food was teribble and the prieces were soo high and ridicilous the propotion of food was way off we spent over $20,000 on food and got nothing the only good thing was the athmosphere I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE and i advice those who havent tried it as yet DONT ENTER PLEASE

1  Thank TAMMY f
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This restaurant is beautiful. A beautiful bird lived on the hill inside and we took pictures and dined in front of a waterfall! However, the food was mediocre at best (lambchops and steak tough, potatoes from a box, disappointing conch dish). Go and look but don't eat there.

2  Thank mebparker
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Beautiful restaurant surrounded by waterfalls. Buffet restaurant where you can eat as much as you like. A nice change to eating in the hotel