“Benissimo Dining Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evita's Italian Restaurant

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$3 - US$29
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Kingston, Jamaica
“Benissimo Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Evita's was one of my Heroes Weekend 2013 dinner stops and it proved to be a great choice. I went with my cousins and we were greeted by the owner at the entrance, an extremely sweet lady. Our dinner was delicious, kudos to the chef! We visited at night and we were treated to a beautiful view of Ocho Rios.

The only issue I had at my table was our waitress. I observed and my cousins felt the cold attitude of our waitress for the night. This won't subtract from the entire experience however (unless you consider the fact that her gratuity is already calculated in the bill -__-).

Nevertheless, I would recommend Evita's to anyone desirous of a romantic evening on the hills of Ochi Rios with a scenic view. Or to friends and family in need of a chill time with tasty Italian food. I would definitely go back. A presto Evita's!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MemeLove_876

San Diego
“Outstanding Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I highly recommend Evita's for a GREAT dining experience while in Ocho Rios. The food was outstanding, the service top notch. We had the pleasure of meeting Eva, the owner of Evita's. I must say, she is a delightful lady and it made our dining experience special. The views from Evita's are wonderful even at night. DO go to Evita's, you won't be sorry you did.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TropicalGal55
Dallas, Texas
“Decent food, cute spot, nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Evita's has a nice view from the hills of Ocho Rios. Our food was good, nothing out of this world, but tasty and good for the price. I had the risotto and my husband had the lobster, both were great. I wish we would have known in advance that Evita's can arrange for pickups as it was a $50 cab ride from our resort, but it was nice to get out and about. We loved that they had a live guitar player, that created a lovely ambiance.

My one beef is that as we were paying the check, the server interrupted to tell us that cash tips were appreciated. Not a big deal for him to have said something, I appreciate that he is making his living and tips are a good part of it, but the delivery of the message could have been a tad more gracious.

We would definitely go back to Evita's if we ever find ourselves in Ocho Rios again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank likeprairie
“Great restaurant. ..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took our kids here to celebrate our daughter's success in her GSAT exams. The food and service were very good. Evita took the time out to speak to diners which was a nice personal touch. She's a wonderful lady who made my kids night fun. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants good food, great view all in an awesome environment.

2 Thank yardiemommy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Evita's Restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Evita' is the best Italian food in Jamaica. Excellent service, many choices for food and drink. Probably the best restaurant in Ocho that we have ecountered on our multiple trips there!

1 Thank Pgoffer