“Jamaican/Italian? Terrific!”

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$3 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, Jamaican, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We ate at Evita's while on a business trip with a small group from Pennsylvania, USA. When the van pulled up at Evita's, we wondered what kind of Italian restaurant we would find in this out-of-the-way Jamaican place that appeared to be in the middle of the rainforest, but we were in for a treat! Evita's is a wonderful little jewel of a place, with a charming owner who hails from Venice, Italy and who made us feel SO welcome. The view overlooking Ocho Rios and the ocean beyond is lovely. Prices compared favorably with nice restaurants in the US, with most of the entrees priced under $20 (although you may want appetizers and dessert, too!) I had a soup made with kale and sweet potato that was delicious, and one of the pasta entrees labeled "JAM-ITALIAN." It was "Fettuccine Carib-Alfredo" -- tender bites of lobster and fish filet with baby shrimp in the most delicious fettuccine alfredo I have EVER had! It was so good that I am sad to be unable to have it often. This dish is often served in the states with a thick, creamy sauce, but Evita's was light and oh-so-flavorful. The sauce did not overwhelm the pasta -- a truly Italian version. There were six in our party, and we all passed our plates around so that everyone could try every dish. They were ALL delicious.... (but mine was the best!) Our desserts were equally good. Note: Do not go here if you are looking for fast food -- every dish is cooked to order, and they might be operating on "island time". But if you want a truly lovely, relaxed dining experience, I highly recommend Evita's Italian Restaurant.

Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your great and ‘descriptive’ review and the compliments!
Yes, the Alfredo sauce at Evita’s, contrary to some ‘penny pinching’ restaurants … smiles … is made with only whipping cream and not the white Bechamel sauce made w/ flour, milk and butter….therefore much lighter and tastier!
I am glad you enjoyed all the other dishes too and got to taste the variety of what we offer, passing the dishes around.
The day you came, we also had a large group in house and this might have been the cause of a little delay and as you said, every dish is cooked, individually, to order.
Hoping you will come to Jamaica very soon, again, I will make sure you will then, get your favorite dish, again or, create another one, just as good….

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Evitas is a wonderful restarurant with a great atmosphere and great food. I was a little surprised when the waitress asked for a tip considering 10% gratitude was included on the bill but 10% is low and this seems to be part of the Jamacian culture so it didn'd deter from the experience for my beautiful wife and I. I would go back. They will send a car for you as well whick is a great service.

Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you, Murphy, for your, great review.
I am very sorry and surprised to hear about the waitress asking for a tip and it would help, if I knew what time you came and what day, so that I can address the person in question.
But I am really happy that you said you would come back and your ‘experience’ was not spoiled.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

House could not keep food orders straight, or even bother to complete the job of taking drink orders. Had to resort to leaving table and giving very simple orders to owner to get a beer. i.e. "Walk to the cooler. Open it. Pull out a beer. Pop the top. Hand it to me, etc."

Thank you, Peter, for your review.
I am sorry that, when you came, we were either so busy (or your table had a less experienced waiter) that you had to get up and give me the order, but that is why I am around…
Many a times, patrons have seen me even clearing, setting and resetting tables, because at the 13th hour, a member of staff called in sick or, the unexpected arrival of a big party, not only ordering a la carte from the regular menu, but also wanting separate bills!
But, on the bright side, the customers who have seen me ‘bussing’ and personally deliver their order, have complimented me on this.
It would help immensely if I could know what day you came and possibly the staff who served you, so that I can prevent this happening in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Evita's is one of the best places in Ocho Rios to eat. The food was good as usual and and the service great.

Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you, Peter, for your review and I am looking forward, to your continued patronage!
“Arrivederci”....

Reviewed 24 April 2014

There is no other place like Evita's!!! The food, the location, the service and Eva, bella e fantastica Eva!
I love it and her fusion of Italian-Jamaican cuisine is absolutely fantastic.
Grazie Eva!

Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Grazie Sabrina, for your great review and compliments!
You know that I always try to make everyone really happy, especially when they are Italians.
Italians appreciate good food and can be very critical when things are not up to ‘par’ therefore, at Evita’s, not only we try to keep the standards high but I always try to be innovative creating new ‘trendy’ dishes that incorporate the Jamaican fresh bounty & spices …. And… everyone, especially Italians, appreciate this…
Ciao! Eva.