“What a waste of an amazing location :(”
Review of BiBiBips - CLOSED

BiBiBips
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were seated overlooking the sea, it was an incredible view. The server was personable and did a good job. The food was sooooooo bad! I had a burger and fries and the burger was maybe 2 oz of meat that tasted like nothing on a big old bun with a huge piece of lettuce and nothing else, no tomato, no mustard, no relish, no pickle... There were soggy fries on the side. And for this I was charged almost 20 dollars!! The menu is unremarkable and incredibly overpriced! We were in the restaurant for 4 hours and we saw two other tables of people during this time. Hey management, do you think maybe what you are doing is not working????

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Nice start as you walk in. Good feel. We were greeted by the server and offered options of tables along the edge of the wall with the best view. (We were the only ones there) The tables were all nicely set.
However, my main concern as we sat down was the 2 booze cruise boats docked below because the music was blaring and a guy was on a loudspeaker trying to ramp everyone up to a frenzy. Most of the tourists onboard didn't seem to be on the same page though. It looked sad. But I digress…
Menu was very basic. Some curry, burgers, fish, oxtail. That's all I needed to see. Oxtail orders all around! We are big fans of oxtail.
Except that they didn't have oxtail. Would have been nice to know from the start, but we'd come this far and had drinks on the table so we altered our choices. I ordered a burger for some really stupid reason. What was I thinking..
It took quite a long time to get the food but I have a feeling that was because someone had to run to the store for burger buns and put the meat out to thaw.
Not sure what meat product or what animal was used but it more resembled and tasted like the sole of a Doc Martin.
When we got past the shock of the bill, we were told that they do not accept our credit card. We were not able to pool enough cash and ended up being short on the bill by almost $10. We felt bad because the waitress was very nice and apologetic about everything and this would probably end up coming out of her salary.
Great potential. This place needs so much help though. Such a shame.

Suggestions; Get a new simple menu using only fresh ingredients. (I saw it everywhere, all over the island-use it!) You can get rid of the bad reviews by building up new, better ones. If it's good food, people won't feel cheated by the high prices. Make it worth it.

2  Thank Mustbeyerfeet
Reviewed 9 February 2014

...but I guess the view of the sea makes up for it. Everything else is basic and frankly nothing to write home about. My aunt and I took a trip here for lunch on a recent day trip to Ocho Rios. We should have twigged when we noticed that there was only one other couple there. The restaurant is way down the bottom of Main St so be prepared for a long walk or take a taxi. Having said that, I would not go there again or recommend it. The steamed fish was fresh and the sauce was watery and flavourless with two small okra and a timbale of rice and peas. I know my Jamaican food and even tourists who don't would be disappointed. Save your money and go to Ocho Rios Jerk Centre on Da Costa Drive instead - bigger portions, flavourful food and at a fraction of the price of Bibibips.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This place may have had a reputation in the past, but all the glory has faded. We went there for dinner: The food was lousy (we asked for jerk-chicken, all we got were a few meatless chicken wing bones, we asked for fish fillet -they were out of that and the whole fish they offered was tiny, undecooked and tasteless, the service incredibly slow and listless, and the price staggering ($ 45 !). Altogether a major rip-off!
Fully agree with previous review--stay away !

2  Thank PIL-1
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The view was nice. Food was mediocre at best, curry was absolutely bland. Idk if they water it down for the tourists but it was dreadful. Can't believe a Indian cooked that. The waiter was like a robot. There are no drink refills, yet the soda glasses are quite small and was kinda flat on the CO2. All this in U.S prices. After he brought the check, he actually hovered over the table waiting as if we were gonna just jump the railing and dive in the sea. BTW $12 for 5 fritters is a huge rip-off.

2  Thank YellowJJ