“Best Independence weekend vacation !!”
Review of Ocean Sands

and 1 more site!
Ocean Sands
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I read about this hotel via booking.com and i didn't need a credit card to make a reservation ,that was my first plus.

On arrival at the hotel the staff was friendly and curious.Brandon the proprietor for the hotel is awesome we instantly became friends.The hotel is right next door to Sunset Jamaica Grand and is smack down in the middle of the town.

The road leading to the hotel is a little busy but filled with life.The room came with AC and hot water and cable tv,i could not have asked for more and it was only $60 something US dollars.Best value for the price.I used the pool which was great and test tried the beach which was below the pool and both were great.

When i woke up in the morning with the love of my life i was able to sit on the balcony and watch the party cruise boats pass my hotel room.Yes its like i was in San Trope.Of course you can sign up for those cruise through cool running or if you are a guest at the other hotels that offer all inclusive bundles.

Overall its the best stay and as a local in the hospitality industry for the price it gets no better than this..By the way its recommended for couple or single persons .but i see family staying there as well but if you read in between the lines ..majority of the guest during my stay where couples like myself and one or two family.

Lastly do not go to the room expecting crystal,sparkling bathtub and caviar on arrival in your room.IT'S only $60 US don't be an all inclusive snob.Brandon does his best to make his guest stay an experience and i am not being bias ...what he offers is awesome since most small hotels struggle to compete with the mega hotels...especially when he is next door to one.

Room Tip: If you are from a cold climate counutry and you can't stand the heat get an AC room.The hotel of...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kyliedowe
There are newer reviews for Ocean Sands

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Hotels was not bad, big spacious roomy I stayed 8 night my fiance and I we was comfortable while we stay there we were on third floor nice view, would be better if ocean breeze would blow true the rooms but not there fault staff is nice very polite host was really nice they also have the convenience of having a little area were you could purchase little snaks and drinks I felt secure they have security at all times nice spot quiet little reggea music at night from the restaurant bar next door witch I enjoyed. Swimming pool was clean not a five star hotel but i would definitely stay there again but this time with air condition..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xiomara w
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in July 2014, I learnt About the place from booking.com. I contacted the manager Brandon and immediately confirmed reservation, I was a big sceptical because my husband is fussy. Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who was very pleasant , she showed us to our rooms and the view was out of this world. My husband was very pleased with the plAce becAuse it was exactly what we saw online. The place wAs well kept, the pool was cleAned often, breakfast was served, the location is right in the town where everything is such as Island grill, mothers, craft market, cambio etc and tours could be arranged if you ask Brandon. A restaurant and bar is on the premises, my husband n I enjoyed the pool and the beach. We will definitely return to this place and we recommend it to anyone . Trust me it is value for money N anyone who wants to have a good time contact ocean sands and Brandon and his amazing staff will ensure you fuljoy your stay. R&S Brown. Thanks again for a good time ocean sands.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank RicaBrn
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel staff are very friendly always there if you need anything. The rooms are spacious clean and modern. Rooms overlook the swimming pool and beach area which is a lovely view. Location is ideal as its in the heart of ochi. Had a great time will deffo go again

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank diivagoodas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Checked in for two days. First night we spent in a non-airconditioned room as they had none with air conditioning and I don't really care if there is AC or not. The room was 15 dollars a night less and it was definitely lower quality. The deck was nice although it overlooked the next resort - they also didn't have a sea view room for the first night. The room had not been well maintained and just looked shabby. The bathroom door locked from the inside and you couldn't get out. I wouldn't choose to stay in that room again. The second day we moved to an ocean view with AC. The room was brighter and had been maintained - paint and furnishings - much better than the first room. This one was $60 a night. It was great and I would absolutely stay there again. Funny, the front desk person did not tell us that they served breakfast so we went out for the first morning. We found out about the breakfast for the second day - very plain, eggs and toast. I prefer ackee for breakfast. Also, the resort did not take credit cards, only cash, which might be a problem for some people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lianne H
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room wasn't the most modern but clean on a daily basis and the view from the room was absolutely what you would expect when you go on holiday in the sun, peaceful, beautiful and tranquillity. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again. Its perfect if you're holidaying on a budget..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alrick M
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Nice place with beach view balcony. Free WiFi..clean room but smelly a bit. Not that great accessories in the room. Easy access for all tourist spots in Ocho Rios Advisable for bachelor not for family

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo