“First meal in Jamaica”

Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was taken back by the appearance.... and all the other vans pulling in... but once you eat the food. it is worth the wait. The best jerk chicken and pork I have had.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,684)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I loved Scothcies Jerk Chicken and the Festival was wonderful! I am thankful that Marvyn's Paradise Tours blessed me and My family with this experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

All I have to say is that they actually smoke the chicken on Real Pimento wood. WOW!!! For all the foodies in the world you know that translate into finger licking, cant get nowhere else in the world flavor. I frequent Jamaica in my travel destinations and Scothie's is my 1st and last stop when I visit.

1  Thank Smartcookie W
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Alllll seven of us LOVED lunch at Scotchies! We were extra lucky to be there on RIBS day and the ribs were excellent. As was the chicken and fish. Great value for local food. It was better than I expected. The lady taking the orders was not friendly, even though I said hello and tried to be pleasant, but the good food made up for it. This is more of a BBQ shack with outdoor picnic seating so don't expect a restaurant. Look at the photos and you'll know what to expect. We originally wanted to find lobster for lunch but it was out of season (in April). We went with our guide for the day (Courtney Taylor Tours). Lovely stop and would definitely return if we get back to Jamaica.

2  Thank ALadyNCal
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went to the restaurant with my mind set on getting some super hot jerk wings... Of course I went on Friday and wings were only served on saturday. I tried not to let it spoil my fun and order something else. The place was nice and the jerk was definitely HOT!!

1  Thank Fabulous808