“Best Jerk in Ochi, Best Jerk Chicken in JA...”
Review of Scotchie's

Scotchie's
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Scotchies is by far my favorite jerk chicken in the country. Like in Boston (JA) they cook the chicken and pork directly on the pimento wood, with zinc on the top. The pork is awesome also. I highly recommend this restaurant, its authentic and the real deal.

1  Thank ShottaNIC

Reviewed 21 June 2009

Hired a taxi for the day and he insisted we pass up all the other jerk centres in town and drive out to Scotchies. We sure were glad he did because I can't imagine better jerk pork or chicken.
Everything was spicy and somethings just down-right HOT; but the flavor was so good that even our 6 yr-old couldn't resist. She would take a big bite of chicken, chew it in bliss, then start fanning and empty her water bottle!
Our drivers said all the locals eat here and we were the only white-folks there at the time.

Reviewed 31 May 2009

I was NOT looking forward to going on my husband's adventure to find the best Jerk Chicken....but I was WRONG. The line (under a covered awning) moved pretty quickly and we were ready to order - 1/4 white meat with a side of corn and festival. Looking back, I would forget the corn (not crispy and sweet like I was expecting) but the festival and the chicken were ridiculous. I was a member of the clean-foil-packet-club. (there is no plate)

My husband finished and went back to try the pork which he said was incredible.

If we had another day, I know we would have gone back for more. Eat some for us!!!

Reviewed 26 May 2009

a pleasant garden dining atmosphere the music was a bit loud but thats Jamaica.
Good jerk pork

Reviewed 5 March 2009

Great, cheap, authentic jerk. Beautiful place with all the palms and flowers. Very unique covered outdoor dining. Pay posted prices (no 36% added to the bill). If you have a fridge stock up and eat it all week. Festival was delicious. Didn't see another tourist there. Prices make the cab fare from town reasonable for an overall price.

1  Thank david k