“Nothing Special”
Review of Yardie Tours

Yardie Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Yardie Tours provide safe fun filled tours of Jamaica with special focus on the Ocho Rios area. We pick up from the cruise port in Montego Bay, Falmouth,and Ocho Rios. We also pick up from Hotels/Resorts in Montego Bay and the Ocho Rios area.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked the Ocho Rios Highlights tour for our cruise ship stop, asking also to go to a local restaurant for lunch. I received confirmation of the tour and was told to meet at 9:00AM ship's time in Jamaica. (Jamaica time was one hour behind ship's time). We were outside at 8:50 as directed but ended up waiting until 10:00 to be put in a car with a driver. Several employees of Yardie Tours told us we were supposed to come at 9:00AM local time. I showed them my confirmation along with my watch when they disputed this several times. Another Ocho Rios Highlights tour left well before us, and we were not included on it.
Finally at 10AM we were told to go in Mr. Sutton's car, along with a couple going to Cayuga Gardens. We drove them to the gardens and dropped them off, then went on our tour. Mr. Sutton was very nice, taking us around the area, through Fern Gully, and Spice Mountain. We met Dennis the spice man and tasted delicious mango and coconut, purchasing some spices from him as well.
Upon our return to the city area, Mr. Sutton dropped us off at Ocho Rios Jerk Center while he went to pick up the couple from the gardens. Unfortunately the jerk chicken was not ready yet, so we waited about 30 minutes, then had a delicious meal. We then headed to a market for some shopping before heading back to the ship.
All in all the tour was fine. The unfortunate beginning started it off with on a bad note and we were unimpressed by much of what we saw.

4  Thank principalcruiser

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I just wanted to thank Yardie tours for the great day we had. Our tour guide Darrel was amazing and so was Glenn our guide at The Blue Hole. We also went tubing and I forgot our guides name but he also was great. We went to many places and the driver was knowledable about everything we did. We would recommend them to everyone. Thanks Darrel and Glenn and The muffin Man...

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I booked the Blue Hole tour with Yardie while we were staying at Sandals Grand Riviera in Ocho Rios. We had the pleasure of having Glenn be our blue hole tour guide and he was great! Very skillful and knowledgeable he took care of our camera so it wouldn't get wet and helped my wife across slippery waterfalls to make sure she was ok. Would recommend this tour through Yardie to my friends especially if they can get Glenn as their guide! Make sure you crawl through the waterfall and jump off the highest point!

I recommend leaving any valuables at the hotel and only taking what is necessary for the tour. Not that there is anyone un-trustworthy, it's just not worth the risk.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

we scheduled a tour with Yardi tours and our guide was Denise and driver Shaun. Denise met us right as we got to pier and off we went to the Falls(tour guides there were great also) After the falls, we took a tour of the town and countryside which was beautiful! Denise was very informative and we even stopped on the side of the road to meet Dennis the spice man and sample some fresh picked fruit and spices that he had. It was not what we expected- thought we were going to just go thru the "commercial" part of town but going thru the countryside was a wonderful surprise! Kids enjoyed it also- Keep up the good work Denise and Shaun!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had an excellent day in Jamaica, thanks to Yardie tours and our tour guide, Nicole. We were picked up right at the port and taken to Dunns River Falls. Nicole ensured that we had our tickets into the park and our guide to help us climb the falls. Beautiful site! She then met us up top and took us to the river tubing site. Our family had a fantastic day indeed! What I loved about the tour was the included information as we were driven around the island. I love to hear about the population, exports, customs and history. It was a great lesson for our kids and a fantastic day at Jamaica. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank MantasRule