“OK golf course”

Sandals Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular choice among golfers in the know, this spectacular course has 120 acres of lush flowers and plants.
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is an inland course, no water views, with changing elevation. Reminded me of Carambola in St. Croix or somewhat like Mahogany Run in St. Thomas, minus the ocean holes. Greens were tiny and extremely slow. Course was overall in good shape but you can tell it's an older course. Certainly not a top-tier course for the islands, but not a baked-out remnant like those in Antigua or Grenada. Caddy was friendly, generally good with yardage and fair with putts. No water on the course--had to buy it from the cart girl who I only saw once during the (quick) round. Off season mid-morning pace of play was great--walked as a single with the caddie and course was empty. Saw another single ahead of us in a cart but never caught him and was done in 2 hours and 40 minutes. 19th hole was slow -- 30 minutes to get a basic burger. Good diversion if you're staying at Sandals but only worth the $ one time for the non-Sandals guest unless you're extremely bored.

1  Thank RobR

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Required to have a caddy $17. Cart fee is extra. The course is in beautiful shape. Takes roughly 15 minutes to take the shuttle from the resort to the golf course. First bus leaves a little after 7 a.m. Last bus leaves resort at around 1 p.m. No troubles getting tee times. If you want breakfast you have to take it to go or eat very quickly as the restaurants open at 7 a.m. There are no hassles in getting your food to go so this isn't really a problem. The caddies were great. Tip is expected $10 - $30 depending on how much you like your caddy. They do not work for the resort, just tips so it is good to pay them for their help. My caddy was fantastic. Most are scratch golfers and know what they are doing. My caddy was awesome. He helped me pick clubs, take shots, even helped me improve on my alignment and putting stroke. Cheered me on. You keep your same caddy throughout the week as well. You can store your bags at the club for future use throughout your stay. The course isn't super long but very scenic, in great condition, and offers beautiful views of the Jamaican greenery. The course if VERY walkable with the caddy and if you are decently in shape (my 69 y/o dad walked the course just fine in 80 + degree weather but then again, he walks lots of rounds). Loved every moment. Highly recommend it.

2  Thank jessikimkim
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Even though I don’t golf, I walked the course with my husband during one of his rounds. It was a pleasant walk with great views of local flora (and fauna). (I even sampled some fresh mangoes along the course.) The course staff and caddies were quite friendly. My husband described the course as “good to play while on vacation”. There are some technical holes, but not it is not too challenging.

2  Thank JumeirahJenny
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I never believed that non-golfers would want to go to a golf course but how wrong was I?

The golf course at Upton seems to be the place for everyone who wants to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city. With spectacular vistas and the cooling breeze off the Caribbean sea, it is just perfect, and do not miss the opportunity to sample fruits in season that grow freely across the property.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I tagged along with my husband during his morning of golf and I am so happy that I did! This course was beautiful and his caddy (Byro) was very informative in golf as well as Jamaican culture and scenery.