“Beautiful, great guide.”

Shaw Park Gardens & Waterfalls
Ranked #10 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful, well-kept gardens just a short walk from the center of town.
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We did Shaw Park as part of an all day out of Falmouth (snorkeling, Dunn's Falls). It was beautiful. Our guide, Percy, was great. He obviously loves the park and knows everything about the animals and foliage. I love plants, so I found it fascinating. The kids loved it too. My husband liked it, but was not as jazzed. The falls there are gorgeous. Percy showed us two hummingbird nests, one with babies, one with mama sitting on eggs. He told us the history of the property and showed us sensitive plants, pointsetta, a huge banyan tree, banana spiders, all kids of lilies, to name a few. Great for the morning, very interesting and pretty.

All reviews
"dunns river"
"percy"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Gardens a re beautiful. Saw humming birds and many beautiful plants. The gardens were the former location of the hotel I stayed at. The James Bond movie "Live and Let Die " was filmed at the gardens pool. Tour guide was friendly bit expected tip. He followed me back to tour bus for tip. I was less than thrilled/ My bags were all on the tour bus. I wish I would of known before going on all my excursions in Ocho Rios that tips are expected for everything. I would of been more prepared. I would never tip for same services in US.

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Everything was beautiful inside of the gardens, but on the way up and back down, there were vendors on the sides f the road wanting your money. They are everywhere in Jamaica, trying to haggle with you to the point where you can feel cornered. Stick with your group, and you should be fine.

1  Thank Boricua646
Reviewed 23 March 2012

These botannical gardens were very lovely. The tour guide was very imformative. Large property of gardens.