“Churchill Was Here!”

Yaaman Adventure Park
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: We have something very special stored for our adventure enthusiasts as we are a 18th Century Estate agricultural property full of rich history and culture sceneries. Formerly known as Prospect Plantation, Yaaman Adventure Park invites you to grab a front row seat to partake in a true adventure with mother nature, and all of the memorable activities that we have to offer in Jamaica. Fasten your seatbelt and prepare to feel the excitement on the mud buggy ride! Enjoy an Open-Aired Carriage Ride, and become an expert local chef. Hop on Horseback Riding adventure, ride on a camel, and swim with dolphins.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
178 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 333 helpful votes
“Churchill Was Here!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was established in 1721 as a working plantation. Through the decades and generations it passed to a Scottish baronet named Sir Harold Mitchell. Evidently well-heeled, he entertained royally, including luminaries such as Charlie Chaplin and Winston Chaplin, to name just two. These renowned visitors participated in a ritual tree planting, which was later commemorated by a wooden tablet relating the type of tree, the planter, and the date.

Visitors may take a tour of the plantation, gardens, and "Great House" by means of a tractor-drawn open wagon, Segway, horseback, or even camelback. We once rode camels in Morocco, and can only say "Try it. You'll like it.".

Visited June 2013

Evesham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Segway through the Plantation”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Segway a fun way to travel through a plantation. A great trip trying out the segways and interesting facts about the life of the plantation, the house and it's history. Good tour guides and a nice stop off half way through when Donald showed us how to climb the coconut tree and talked to us about all the differnet fruits and wes sampled fresh coconut and the sugar cane. Only negatives, a cool drink would have been appreciated at the House and at 137$ each for 6 of us it is a little too pricey.

Visited June 2013
Whitby, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day at the plantation”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This was a very informative tour of the Prospect Plantation. Was very neat to see how so many different fruit and spices grow and do some tasting and smelling! The tour guides were hilarious and had us laughing the whole time! They also taught us a lot about the Jamaican culture and ways of life which was very interesting. I will definitely visit here again when I come back to Jamaica!

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The most beautiful views and the Best Jerk you will taste”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have been to Ocho Rios a few times and almost every tour you take includes Dunn's River Falls - well I had no intention on climbing them again so I looked for some thing completely different. I found a Culinary demonstration at Prospect Plantation and got very excited. I love to cook and I love to try new things. Chef Irie (Jason) was a great teacher. He was able to answer any questions I had. While you eat what you prepared (and more) for lunch you can not beat the view of mountains a head and the sea below. Your tour includes a walk in the garden, a tram ride with great explanations of the plantation and the nicest guides you will ever meet. This was the best decision I and I can not wait to bring other friends when I head back in November.

Visited May 2013
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“relaxed tour...”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

we enjoyed a morning tour and camel ride, it was very informative but relaxing, we enjoyed the tour guide and the rest of the staff. We have already recommended it to our friends they enjoyed the segway tour.

Visited April 2013