“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sharon, Connecticut
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

When you look up relaxation, a stay at the Jamaica Inn HAS to be in the definition. I can see by reading the other reviews that I am not alone in my enjoyment of my time spent there. Even though the weather was fairly mediocre, it did not dampen our enjoyment. I loved being electronically disconnected. The service is impeccable, food great, grounds gorgeous, gracious room. It lived up to all the things that everyone told me about it....and that does not always happen. I fear that soo many great reviews will set my expectations too high....not so, the Jamaica Inn delivers.
We were in room 33 and loved it. I do not think there is a bad room in the place. Each has something wonderful to offer.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Our time at the Jamaica Inn was outstanding! The check-in was smooth and efficient and when we were taken to our accommodation we were blown away. Cottage 7 is extraordinary in every way! The views from every window are of the turquoise sea below and the amenities are plentiful. Our favourite part of the cottage was the infinity pool that is set on a cliff overlooking the sea. It is extremely private and a very romantic spot.
The food was excellent and the staff, incredible. We especially liked getting to know Patrice and Kumar who both went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of.
The beach was very private and we liked that no matter how full the resort was there was always ample space to relax and read a book or sun tan. There was not much to do at the resort itself, which suited us as we were looking for total relaxation. There were however, boat rides offered to various attractions if you felt like keeping busy during your stay.
The only part of our stay that did not exceed our expectations was the spa. The staff was just as lovely but the services I had (a facial and couples massage) left much to be desired. For one, my face was inflamed after my facial due to some sort of reaction and I was charged extra money to get my inflamed and burning face under control. At any other spa they staff would have apologized and tried to get me comfortable at no extra charge, to say the very least. My husband and I enjoyed parts of the couples massage, but other parts such as the ear lobe and ear massage—were strange to us.
The spa aside, the Jamaica Inn is our new favourite spot in the world!! We are excited to go back to this special place next year and be blown away all over again!

3 Thank Melibi
Oldsmar, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

We stayed in room 25 ocean front suite. You walk right off of the outdoor living area on to the beach. It couldn't be any closer. It is a quiet romantic place. The Wi-Fi worked well. We were able to stream SEC football live during our visit. The place is spotless. The area was secure, and the service fantastic. I don't think you could do any better, this was the best island resort I have ever visited! Everything worked great in the room including the airconditioner and water pressure. Perfect!!!!! We chose not to use the all inclusive meal package. There are plenty of places a cheap cab ride away to explore. Don't use their cab service or airport service, you can get a driver very cheaply on foot.

Room Tip: Room 25 was a perfect location. Downstairs rooms allow room service to delivery easily without entr...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SheriShrimp_12
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

A truly amazing experience. Look no further if you want to disconnect from the world, enjoy good food and relax. The staff is amazing. My wife missed the scheduled garden tour, so the grounds keeper gave her an hour + private tour. The view from the West wing Premier Verandah Suite is priceless. Teddy is great company at the beach bar. If you want a high enery party environment, this is not the hotel for you. If you want to reconnect with your spouse, make reservations now.

Room Tip: West wing premire veranda suites offer private verandas that face clear water.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aallen45
Wewahitchka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Private Beach is great,,, you have to have stayed at another place to really appreciate this experience,, they treat you with special care,, even the maid and yardmen,, if you see a bad rating at this place,, then someone is missing one of their 5 sences

2 Thank sawmillbob
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

When you return to a place you perceived to be perfect there is the danger it never lives up to expectations.

This was our 3rd visit to Jamaica Inn, and it was just as good as the first. Before our second visit I remember thinking "will it be of the same high standard?" No need to worry, we were treated just as well by the extremely efficient staff who can’t do enough for you; they are all ambassadors for Jamaica Inn

The only difference after visit three is that now the staff have become friends, and it really is like “coming home”.

I could go on and on about how perfect JI is, so I will just say that I fully endorse all the positive comments that other visitors have made about Jamaica Inn on tripadvisor

A few words to sum it up, location, quality, friendliness, relaxation, It really is a unique place, try it for yourself!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be the same quality, its just the location and therefore view that changes. We...
2 Thank TravelVolpe
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

My husband and I had our honeymoon at this hotel 35 years ago. We think the world is a grand place that needs to be explored and never go to the same place twice. But this hotel is our only exception. We have returned time and time again.
Why? Because of the staff. They can read your mind and are attentive when needed and leave you alone when that is appropriate. Many are so dear to us, we think of them as family. You cannot stay at this Inn and not totally unwind and relax. The Inn is one-of-a-kind in this age of mega hotel chains with impersonal service. It is old world charm and grace with a beautiful beach that is raked every morning (trust me, I get up early and see Chris and Albert out there working so hard clearing the entire beach!), stunning gardens, polished tile floors, history whispers in the library, the best breakfast with freshly baked breads, pastries, coffee and tropical fruits, served on your private terrace, comfortable beach chairs with plenty of shade, antique filled guest rooms with a housekeeping staff that deserves an award themselves for what they do. The waiters, bartenders, bus staff, front desk, drivers, Rupert on the croquet court, all make your stay superb. They don't build hotels like this anymore. So go there and make yourself at home, and then be treated like family and return, time and time again. Thank you all again for another "welcome home" vacation. We will return. You are simply, the best!

Room Tip: We stayed directly on the beach this time and loved it! On the beach wing and the view was beautifu...
2 Thank Tootie54
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,710 reviews

Been to Jamaica Inn? Share your experiences!