Jamaica Inn
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$96
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$606
US$528
Hotels.com
US$83
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Pool
US$683
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,409 results
All reviewsprivate beachbeach barwhite suiteplanters punchcroquet lawnbalcony suitemarilyn monroebeach wingblack labblue cottagechef mauricepremier verandahthe cottageswelcome homegarden tourall inclusive planall inclusive option
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I loved this property, from the moment we arrived. We had a premier verandah suite overlooking the sea, it was awashed in white which was quite relaxing.

The room was beautiful, the verandah was a large open air living room with a panoramic view of the sea and mountains. We were lulled to sleep each night by the waves outside our door- perfection.

The food was amazing, but quite expensive by any standard, .however there are restaurants close by which are not as expensive, then again not as good.

Grounds are immaculate, and most times we found ourselves alone on the beach. It was like having our own private paradise.

The star of this property is undoubtably the staff especially Georgia (sweet Georgia Brown), She is the beach bar and was always accommodating to make the crazy drinks I asked for. All the staff were friendly and eager to please. Around but never intrusive.

I could go on, but all the praise this hotel has gotten are spot on. We shall return.

Room Tip: If you cannot afford the cottages, the premier verandah suites especially on the water are beautiful, privacy assured has the best views of the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Morgan G
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had never been to Jamaica and were looking for a quick, relaxing trip. I had read all of the wonderful reviews of the Jamaica Inn and we took the plunge.
We stayed in Cottage 3, which was spectacular. The cottage was huge and there were four separate outdoor seating areas. The private plunge pool was the perfect place to relax and watch the boats go by. We even had two private staircases that led directly into the sea, where we spent time just floating about.
The bathroom was amazing- an indoor and outdoor shower, a soaking tub and two sinks. This is the first place I have ever been where there have been more than enough towels and plenty of toiletries.
The food was very good- we were lucky to be there for their Sunday brunch, where we tried many of the delicious local foods and the desserts were scrumptious. And our new favorite drink is the Kir Royale, which they served at brunch. Other favorites were the banana pancakes at breakfast and the lobster tail for dinner.
We took a garden tour with Henry, and if you are there on Tuesday and Saturday, you must take the tour. He was so knowledgeable and interesting and he showed us so many things we would have otherwise overlooked.
We had a Couples' Moonlight Massage at the spa and it was heavenly! All you hear were the waves and the tree frogs, and the masseurs were wonderful. Do not miss this.
The entire staff was friendly and professional, and Kingsley was particularly helpful. Anything that you needed, they would bring you right away. Kyle, the GM, was always around, making sure everything was to our satisfaction.
People have commented about the mosquitoes and there are a lot. I got bitten up, but they didn't bother me or itch, so it wasn't a problem. I brought mosquito repellent with me and it was fine.
We will definitely return to the Jamaica Inn and Cottage 3. It was the most relaxing, romantic vacation we have ever had.

Room Tip: Cottage 3 is wonderful- it is on a corner and very private.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bookchickdi
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have been to JI several times and it never disappoints. If your ideal vacation includes a tranquil, gorgeous beach with luxurious pampering this has it all. The restaurant is first class with a variety of delicious choices. Dining outside with the beautiful canopy of stars, the lapping waves, and the candlelit settings makes dinner an unforgettable experience. But then, the whole time spent at JI is unforgettable. Couples massages on the cliff overlooking the sea; planter's punch served as you lounge under your own palapa on the beach; taking a dip by yourself during the early morning; afternoon tea sitting on the comfy sofa on your outdoor veranda which overlooks the beautiful, turquoise water; the morning song of the many birds which sing from the beautiful, lush trees and flowering vegetation... sigh. Heaven.

Room Tip: The deluxe veranda rooms are well worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ginger H
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had our honeymoon at JI in 2007 and decided to revisit after searching for a luxury resort in the Caribbean and deciding there is no place like "home"! This time we decided to stay in the amazing cottage 7 for a magical two weeks on the all inclusive option.

First thing is the room - or villa which it basically is - big open space with lots of seating downstairs with long sliding doors opening up to the amazing terrace with pool. The picture on the website does cover most of it.....although it far exceeds the photos! The only thing it doesn't mention is the outside shower by the steps down to the water which, if you wanted to swim in the sea (which we did not) it is an excellent place to rinse off. Totally fantastic.

Upstairs: Up the gorgeous wooden steps to the bedroom with outside verandah, big bathroom and dressing room featuring a egg bath and an indoor and outdoor shower. Outdoor shower is private enough although you do need to be careful of passing boats!!

Generally the position of Cottage 7 is tranquil. We did have a small issue with noise from the neighbouring resorts "party boat" but this was during the day and only a few times over the fortnight. A bit annoying at the time but a slice of heaven nonetheless. Other than that I would just say you could here dogs barking from a nearby property in the night.....but I am a very very light sleeper so probably wouldn't stop other people sleeping.

Now the room is covered - I will go onto management. As previously mentioned our last visit was a number of years ago during the management of the previous GM. We did become worried initially when hearing there was a new GM but Kyle was utterly fantastic. A lovely, personable and genuine guy who made us feel so special and really made our stay. The few issues we had were sorted immediately and Kyle always made sure you are ok and happy. He really is fantastic - even chatting to us about common interests at length and ensuring every need we had was met. We even received a card in the post after our return thanking us for our comment card. I know that Kyle will see that the few shortfalls we mentioned are taken care of.

Housekeeping is my next point. Generally the housekeeping is fantastic, although a little unpredictable on timing. I would say the general attitude of all staff in the hotel is amazing. The housekeeper even bothered to mention as we went past her in the corridor to tell me she was spraying the room as she knew I was getting mosquito bitten. I was so touched she had bothered to mention it. The staff at the JI are so dedicated and the premium you pay for staying here is worth every penny.

Bar and restaurant service is exceptional. Your favourite drinks are ordered before you've even finished (we were all inclusive -a must by the way) and a particular shout out to the bar staff who ensured we had a full 14 days barely without a drink in our hands....especially welcome in 33deg+heat.! The cocktails of the day were also amazing. The Pineapple Martini will be a favourite of mine forever :) A shut out to Johnson who amazingly recognised us from last time. He has a wonderful smile and is always happy to serve and have a friendly chat to e how you are. We remembered Johnson from 2007 and were so happy to see him still at JI. We hope he is there when we go back - wouldn't be the same without.

The food is as always fantastic. Varied menu featuring vegetarian options as well as lots of lovely meat and fish dishes. The beach barbecue food was so much improved than our previous visit and had a special atmosphere. Towards the end of the stay we took advantage of breakfast and lunch on our terrace overlooking the sea. So special.

The evening entertainment is limited to the dinner band playing for after-drink cocktails but this is all the JI has to do. Perfect atmosphere to sit and relax after a big dinner with lots of wine - we loved it when one of the senior waiters was singing....really added to the magic.

We absolutely love this place and staying in cottage 7 (if you can afford it) is the ONLY place to stay. We will be back once we have saved up again.

I could go on and on but will leave it there. It was amazing the first time we visited but this time the Jamaica Inn has far exceeded its own high standard. There's nowhere like it! Thank you to Kyle and all his team.

Just a side note - Kingston airport has had a major upgrade since 2007 and is air-conditioned and up to international airport standards. I would thoroughly recommend the Kingston Club at the airport. Free to BA Business/Club Class passengers but about £30pp for anyone. We were delayed and it made it an easy (7hr) wait!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LPass16
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I really injoyed myself one of the most beautiful places I ever been to and im looking forward to going backsoon my wife really love the ocean view and all the beautiful scenery the beaches are awesome and the night life is unforgettable

• Stayed: October 2012