Jamaica Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$99
US$97
  • Pool
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$96
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$606
US$528
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
Travelocity
US$83
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$77
Hotwire.com
US$997
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,409 results
All reviewsprivate beachbeach barwhite suiteplanters punchcroquet lawnbalcony suitemarilyn monroebeach wingblack labblue cottagechef mauricepremier verandahthe cottageswelcome homegarden tourall inclusive planall inclusive option
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2008

We were recommended to Jamaica Inn by a travel agent friend who had stayed there himself and knew we celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversay,
As hotel owners ourselves we wanted something special and that is exactly what we got!! We travelled from North Cyprus and it took us two days but was well worth the trip.

The beach is amazing and cleaned daily by hard working beach boys, the sea is glorious, our many days on the beach were so peaceful and relaxing, as there are plenty of loungers and shade and loads of space!

The chef at The Inn is first class, the food was delicious and we ate in most nights only venturing out for a couple of times during our two week stay!
The band at diinner were great fun
All the staff were absoultely fantastic as was Mary the General Manager who made us and everyone else feel so welcome. We would like to thank everybody for a wonderful time and wish we were back there now!!! As so many others say.......we will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HideawayKyrenia
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Having stayed at Jamaica Inn sometimes as much twice a year for the past 5 years I can say in all honestly this is a truly special place, I can't help but keep returning. I have written detailed reviews before and still support those and what others have written, but I wanted to be sure to reiterate how fabulous the staff is at Jamaica Inn...truly an exceptional bunch of folks, particularly Marie at the front desk, Richard and Patrice...and of course Rupert on the beach. Mary the property manager is also very welcoming and approachable. These people definitely make returning feel like coming home time and time again. Eric one of the owners is also very friendly and makes you feel like a welcome guest, I don't often have the opportunity to interact with him, but during this last trip I found him to be very charming...how lucky to be the owner (along with his brother Peter) of such a unique and wonderful place.

I will be returning in October 2008 with my husband for our 1 year anniversary and I cannot wait for him to experience first hand the specialness of Jamaica Inn, as I normally always travel with the same girlfriend who loves the place as much as I do.

Anyway, if you are looking for a place to quite literally feel like the only person in the world - - this is it. If you are looking for a non-stop party with lots of people and noise, Jamaica Inn is not for you.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank loriz40
Reviewed 5 July 2008

I have never written a review for a hotel before despite being a very frequent traveller but we have just returned from two weeks in Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios and we had such a wonderful holiday I wanted to let others know what a great place this is.

We have a rule that we will never go back to a hotel that we have visited as there are so many locations that we still have to try but I think we will now be regular visitors to the Jamaica Inn. From the minute you arrive until the minute you leave the whole experience is fantastic.

The hotel, is relatively small compared to many of the larger hotel groups in the town such as Sandals but this makes it much more personal I believe. We were met by the general manager upon arrival and quickly checked into our room and suitcases delivered immediately which was great after our long journey from the UK (a long transfer from Kingston). Montego Bay airport is probably closer.

We woke on the first morning to the beautiful private beach and clear waters and immediately relaxed. Our room was great (we were upgraded upon arrival to a verandah suite) and only 20 metres from the beach. Having stayed at the hotel I do not think that any of the rooms will have a bad view although some may be a little louder if they are near the restaurant when they have live music. Having said this the entertainment is fairly low key and not that loud and does not carry on late into the night.

The food was excellent whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner as was the choice of drinks. The staff serving were also excellent many of them having worked at the hotel for a number of years especially the guys on the beach bar one of which has worked there for 50 years!! As a result he has some great stories of the famous guests that have stayed there! I would definitely recommend any of the Daiquiri's, they were all great. I would also recommend the fish dishes they serve which were excellent.

In addition, I would recommend the garden tour with Henry who will take you around the hotel talking about the flowers and fruits in the wonderfully maintained gardens.

There are also a couple of Kayaks and small sailing boats for use of the guests free which I would recommend. Albert who looks after these is also very helpful and willing to spend some time with you to perfect your sailing skills!

The hotel is perfect if you want a relaxing holiday in a beautiful location. I would not recommend the hotel if you want lots and lots of activities, organised functions and late night partying. I would also not take children as they may be bored but for couples looking for a relaxing break and the opportunity to venture out of the hotel and explore I wouldn't go anywhere else in Ocho Rios. We did do some excursions with Tony who works with the hotel to dunns river falls, laughing waters and snorkeling which I would also recommend. They will just take couples so the schedule is completely around you which is also perfect.

The hotel is situated about 4km from Ocho Rios town so a very short taxi ride or about a 30 minute walk.

We also paid to upgrade to the White Suite on our last night which is just superb (private swimming pool, sea access and numerous areas to sunbathe and relax). Winston Churchill stayed in the suite and you can see why!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrewcant304
Reviewed 28 June 2008

My wife and I chose this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary based on the wonderful reviews we had read on this web site. We were not disappointed in the least; without doubt this has been the best holiday experience we have had in our 25 years of married life. Quite simply from the moment we arrived until we left 2 weeks later it felt like we were being treated like royalty, all the staff we met were very professional in the way they went about their business, and more importantly in my opinion always had a smile on their faces and nothing was too much effort for them.

We paid the extra for a premier suite overlooking the water facing Ocho Rios and didn’t regret it. Every morning after breakfast we returned to feed the fish from our verandah, watched a Green Heron fishing six feet from us and on occasions, marvelled at a Brown Pelican plunging into the water for fish a little further out. But best of all were the evenings we spent watching the sun go down before heading off for pre-dinner cocktails and the nights entertainment, absolutely breathtaking.

I will not repeat what the other guests have said about the wonderful food, beautifully clean beach and unique charm this hotel has, as it is all true. What I will mention though, is take advantage of the excursions on offer if you have not been to Jamaica before. We had a great time riding on horseback in the sea, cycling down mountain roads in the Blue Mountains, plunging into mountain pools under refreshing waterfalls and even swimming with crocodiles in the Black River, what an experience!

When the time came to go home we were very disappointed we had been treated so well by all the staff we felt like we were leaving family and home behind. But as they say in Jamaica, “You have to leave to come back” and we will most definitely be doing that. I can’t recommend this hotel enough, stay here and you will not regret it.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Planesman
Reviewed 26 June 2008

Well, I have to say that I'm not usually one to write this type of online review. However, the ones I read on this site were so helpful in our selection process, I figured I may be able to help someone else.

Having said that, my wife and I spent 5 days, 4 nights celebrating our 10th anniversary at Jamaica Inn and could not have been more pleased with our selection. This place truly is the definition of affordable seclusion. We are not easily impressed, and frankly, usually a little disappointed that the real thing doesn't live up to the brochure, if you will. Well, I can say without hesitation that if you view the review photos on this site and Jamaica Inn's website, you will not be disappointed upon arrival! I think what impressed us the most was the fact that there were times when we literally had the entire beach to ourselves....only the bartenders and beach attendents sitting quietly at their posts, eagerly awaiting your request(s). I can only reiterate what has been said time and again.....if peace and quiet solitude, without distractions, on a most charming little beach are your vacation goals, do not pass this one by. I'm not sure it can be beat for the money.

Tip of the day: If you drink alcohol at all and plan to eat most, or all, meals on site, go ahead and get the all-inclusive. That way you won't fret about that extra $11 glass of wine or $15 calamari appetizer.

• Stayed: June 2008