All reviews almond tree breakfast was included swinging bar included in the room rate rooms are clean jamaican breakfast ocean view close to town port antonio ocho rios town ackee and saltfish our honeymoon wedding reef gourmet bartender
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very good love this hotel and well be coming back in may for a few night can't wait to come and talk with the parrot and just enjoy nature in all it's glory.

Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Ian D
Reviewed 5 March 2012

After spending 7 days in February 2012, we just did not want to leave. This is the Jamaica we love. Excellent rooms overlooking the Caribbean, an upbeat caring staff, one of the best restaurants in Jamaica and authentic Jamaican breakfasts right off the menu included. All at shockingly reasonable prices. Did we mention the meticulously clean rooms and 'botanical garden grade' quality of the on-site gardens? We'll be back many times in the future.
Don and Glynis

Room Tip: Better views from the second floors of the poolside rooms. First floor rooms more condusive to socializing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don G
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Hibiscus Lodge is a nice place to stay in Ocho Rios. Additionally, the on-site Lemontree Restaurant is well worth at least one evening meal. The downside of this establishment is directions to get there. If you have your own car, DONOT rely on the website to get you to the right place. Additionally, the Jamaica maps showing its location are deceptive because they usually do not shown all the roads on their Ocho Rios pullout. So for us independent travelers, the Hibiscus Lodge is located about 1/4 mile west of the main town square on the "OLD" main highway which comes off the square and hugs the water. You cannot get to it from the main road (A3) which skirts the town square by a block.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Traveler5548
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed here many times over the years and several things bring me back. First, and foremost is the view! Yeah, yeah, I hear you.. Every place has a view. Not like this..not even close. So many different shades of blue-green that totally will captivate for hours. Also the pool, restaurant, bar and rooms are perched at cliffs edge, so you are constantly hypnotized. Speaking of rooms, you MUST request #16,17 or 14,15 to really appreciate this place, again, to take full advantage of the view. It is a rather large difference, if you get one of the other rooms. Steve, who has been there for many years will hook you up with anything you need and is quite simply, a good guy.
The breakfast is something you don't want to miss. They have their own bakery on premises and the staff is well trained. You will find yourself just sitting and staring out to Sea, sipping coffee or tea, long after your breakfast is finished.
I have seen a couple of bad, and I believe bogus, reviews of the Hibiscus, and they left me pondering "where did this guy stay"? Again, request the rooms stated previously and you will find this very well could be your new Jamaican home.

• Stayed: January 2012
8  Thank negril66
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I had my wedding at the Hibiscus Lodge on November 27,2011 and the service, food and staff were wonderful. If you are planning on having a wedding at this location I would highly recommend it. If you are making a decision about the location based on the pictures on the website, please don't because the pictures does not do this place justice. To be honest at first when I was told about this place, I was terrified because the pictures really made the place look really run down and gross. But I took the time to travel to Jamaica in June before the wedding and I was greatly surprise by the place.We used one of their rooms and the was really large, clean and it over looked the ocean and the view was wonderful (room 24) . Over all thanks to the hibiscus lodge my wedding day went off without a hitch and I had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family