Hibiscus Lodge Hotel
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$83
US$69
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$74
US$176
Official Site
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$73
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$461
US$424
All reviewsalmond treebreakfast was includedswinging barincluded in the room raterooms are cleanocean viewjamaican breakfastclose to towncable tvport antonioceiling fanocho rios townevery morningdunns riverackee and saltfishour honeymoonwedding
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Hello, I just want to say that I had my wedding reception at Hibiscus Lodge and my husband and I decided to also stay there for our honeymoon. I am so glad that we did both. The staff helped out tremendously with our cake and music setup (we wanted to do the other decorations ourselves). They definitely went the extra mile and made sure all was to our liking. This hotel in my books, can rival any of the big all-inclusive resorts in the surrounding area. The service of most staff at the hotel was respectful and professional. The grounds itself is beautiful with lush gardens and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Our room was a big modern sea-view room (#27). I would recommend Hibiscus Lodge to anyone wanting to plan a wedding in Jamaica or just wanting the perfect getaway for two. My sincerest thanks to Marlene and Merv. You both are tops in the hotel service industry. I thank all the other staff as well, my husband and I enjoyed every minute of our stay and will definitely return again.

L. Shaw

Room Tip: Top floor sea-view rooms are spacious and most with private terraces.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine M
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is a bit expensive , I had an ordinary room for one night and due to the air conditioning not working I was upgraded and can report that the delux rooms are worth having .Most of all what is nice in the place is the garden and walk down to the sea and a deck area were you can swim or sunbath very private. A feature of the gardens are the birds a parrot will talk to you if it feels like it . Breakfast is good and included but there was load music till about 3am .Its quiter in the delux rooms and the grounds include a swimming pool.

Room Tip: Its well worth taking a delux room these have great views
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank andreadriffield
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed in Hibiscus Lodge deluxe room 5 nights in March 2013. The place is beautiful, with amazing garden and view.. Located right on the cliffs with posssibility to snorkel(my boyfriend said the snorkeling there was nicer than diving in Ochos).. The restaurant offers a broad selection of tasty Jamaican cousine.. The service was perfect with helpful and nice staff...and I think we are able to compare as we travelled across the whole island... The only minus for me belongs to the location... The place is secured but not located in the nicest part of the town... So i was not very comfortable with walking around in the evening... A nice and romantic place!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank juliesv
Reviewed 13 March 2013

While the Hibiscus Lodge Hotel is perfectly placed on the cliffs in Ocho Rios and their grounds are impeccably manicured, their front desk and wait staff could benefit from classes in hospitality and professionalism.

I have traveled all over the world and I have never experienced anything like the staff at Hibiscus Lodge. When we arrived we were told that the ocean front room that we had reserved was not available and the young lady at the Front Desk was obviously in a foul mood and was not very helpful. We were eventually given a room on the ground floor and our view was obstructed by the bridge over the pool.

The rooms are suited for students travelling on Spring break, a room for 3 had 3 twin beds in the room and a room for 4 had 4 twin beds, I think management needs to return to the drawing board and rethink how to best utilize the rooms, as this was a complete turn off for me and for other family members.

We were at Hibiscus Lodge for a wedding and I was quite appalled to see the wait staff and cooks in the back of the room dancing rather suggestively. This was insulting not only to the bride and groom who paid for their services, but the guests attending the wedding as well, and served as a distraction for other severs who neglected their duties and ignored guests.

We also had to tell the staff that some of the rugs in the rooms were worn out and frayed and needed to be replaced. This is not something your guests should have to point out, again management needs to reassess.

Telephones need to be installed in every room. In an emergency, if a guest is unable to walk to the Front Desk, no one would be alerted and this could lead to fatalities.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AlisonL121
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Hibiscus Lodge is a really beautiful hotel that gives you the freedom to explore Ocho Rios outside the confines of an all-inclusive, but it's a highly relaxing place to just sit and admire the setting.

The lodge is set atop the cliffs and peers out over a beautiful section of the ocean. Both the restaurant and the bar share the setting so they make wonderful places to just enjoy a drink and soak in the setting. We ate frequently at the restaurant and found the food to be great. The jerk chicken is great value and absolutely delicious. Breakfast is good too.

The room we had had a wonderful high ceiling and fan to keep the air moving, shutter windows to let in the air and a really comfortable bed. The rooms are meticulously kept clean. The balcony we had looked out over the pool and the view so was a great place to just sit out on and enjoy some drinks and snacks. We had cable television, plenty of storage and a clean bathroom. There is some noise from adjoining rooms but nothing overly disturbing. The big issue is the bar over the road that can have the music blaring at all hours. Be prepared.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The pool is a great place to retire and relax and is very clean. The surrounding town has a few local options in terms of food. Pizza King is quite good, but ask staff for further options.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple