All reviewsalmond treebreakfast was includedswinging barincluded in the room raterooms are cleanjamaican breakfastocean viewclose to townport antonioocho rios townackee and saltfishour honeymoonweddingreefgourmetbartender
Reviewed 19 January 2010

last April I got married and had my wedding reception at the Almond Tree Restaurant at the Hibiscus Lodge Hotel. Prior to the wedding some of my family members including myself had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel. It was lovely. I couldn't get over the "REAL" Jamaican breakfast we had each morning. The staff was great and they took care of my every need. When I was looking for a venue for my wedding, I wanted someplace spectacular and I found that at Hibiscus. The grounds are remarkable. Members of my fmily who stayed there had all had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: January 2010
2  Thank newlywedny
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We held our wedding here on July 25th, 2009. The ceremony was in The Gazebo, the reception in The Glass House. We had about 30 - 40 guests. This hotel is perfect for weddings as its small, intimate, lush with flowers and plants and set into a cliffside that hangs above the vast ocean below. It is spectacular to say the least. Our wedding was handled very well and we didn't have to worry about a thing. We also stayed here a few days before the wedding to oversee the details. Our room was FANTASTIC. It had the most incredible ocean view - I'm still speechless! It is also good to note that breakfast is included in the room rate.
For what we got for the money, it was well worth it. We got 4 hours of bar and food with four meats plus dessert, etc. for a great price. The decor was done up beautifully and the staff was very accomodating. Thanks Tanya for helping us straighten out the menu!
We would recommend couples to get married here. It is fabulous! We plan to return sometime soon just to revisit the breathtaking ocean views once more.
A++++++!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bastat
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Hibiscus Lodge was recommended to us by friends who stay there every year. My fiance and I try to stay away from the big all inclusives. My whole impression of Ocho Rios wasn't very good to start with because we stayed at the Silver Seas before and I swear I felt bugs crawling all over me the entire time I was there. Our friends gave HL rave reviews and we decided to give it a try.
Initially my mom called to check availability for us since we were on the road heading in that direction. She called us back and told us there was availability and the rates. As soon as we hung up from her, my fiance who has a thick Jamaican accent called and was told they had no availability. Suspecting something foul, I called back within two seconds of him hanging up and was told "Oh yes, they had availabilty".
Needless to say, I was pissed off. Why the discrimination? I mean, I'm Jamaican too. I just decided to call and speak with an American accent to see if they were really discriminating against us, and they were.
We ended up staying in Discovery Bay at Discovery Bay Villas and had a blast. The guest house is very modern and the rooms and bathrooms are big and clean and they have hot and cold water. And they are right across the street from the sea. I didn't bother to call HL to cancel our reservation. I mean, why bother?

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank karbAtlanta
Heidi D, Manager at Hibiscus Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

We have a zero tolerance for discrimination here at Hibiscus Lodge Hotel. The only possible explanation is that during your calls we received a cancellation. We even offer a special rate for locals at our Hotel encouraging locals to stay at our property. I'm sorry that there was some type of misunderstanding that led you to derive at that opinion; but I can confidently say that it is inaccurate. We hope you will reconsider this notion as I can highly assure you that we are eager to turn your experience around.

Reviewed 13 December 2008

We had never been to Ocho Rios and after walking through the main part of town, we were glad we chose to stay on the outskirts. The Hibiscus Lodge sits on the ocean and the whole place has tons of character. There is a nice pool, great hot tub and access to the ocean to swim. The restaurant had good food and the staff was totally accommodating. Note that the walk to "town" from here is through a pretty busy local intersection/marketplace and if you're not comfortable going native, you may want to take a car into town. However, if you don't dig the whole tourist scene, the Hibiscus Lodge feels like a sweet getaway, like part of Old Jamaica. We used this place as a launching point to head west to Somerset Falls and Port Antonio beyond. Though we never need to visit Ocho Rios again, we'll fondly recall our time at the Hibiscus Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank watermelonspramp
Reviewed 28 October 2008

I got married here on September 27th 2008 . We didn't actually stay here at the Hotel but the set up for our wedding was perfect .

They did a really good job on the decor . From what I see of the Hibiscus it is a very small resort. The surroundings and the grounds were very tranquill and calm. The hotel itself is set with a beautiful view which on looks the ocean. The staff were friendly and the food was very nice.

There were times when you felt as if there was nobody around (Staff/guests ) thats how quiet it was around but on a whole our experience there was nice was nice.

Stayed: September 2008